Poll

ANb or PD?

Pig Destroyer
Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Total votes: 7
17.05.2018 - 15:34
VIG
Account deleted
I fucking love both of these bands and I am constantly torn between which band i find to be more enjoyable. I wanted to know what the general opinion is on MS.
18.05.2018 - 15:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'm gonna go with Pig Destroyer. You could have put any grindcore band and I would have said the same thing as PD are my favorite grindcore band ever. Mostly due to the first three albums but specially Terrifyer which was my first PD album and one of my very first contact with the genre in general. Not only is the production sharp and in-your-face-loud but my lord the riffs are amazing and you can't even notice the bass because of how amazing the drummer is. On this point AN falls flat for obvious reasons, even if the dummachine is extremely well programmed... Brian Harvey really is one of my favorite drummers of all time.

Also, the lyrics. PD's lyrics are basically poetry by grindcore standards. Actually well written poems of pain, love mixed with brutal yet still eloquent gore. Few bands can properly mix that still so well And the vocals perfectly translate the lyrics. Few people scream with such pain and conviction as J.R. Hayes.

So yeah, easy choice for me. I still love Agoraphobic Nosebleed though. After all, Scott Hull is a beast in both bands.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.05.2018 - 20:17
StephenT29

I love Agorapocalypse, and I don't know too much about PD, but I prefer ANb to what I've heard by PD