Metal Storm logo
Old school heavy metal battle

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 26.05.2006 - 02:36
I tried to pick a little more diverse list. I like all these bands and all of them show what metal was back in the 80's.

My favorite must be Agent Steel (I'll talk only about their 80's albums now). It took me quite some time to get into them, but now they are one of my most loved bands. With songs like "Rager", "Bleed for the Gods", "Mad Locust Rising" or my personal favorite "144.000 Gone" that you can't forget. Not to metion John Cryiis pipes or the demential solos & riffs.

Of course I like the other bands and could always relate to them as some of the best bands that decade had to bring. Crimson Glory had "Transcendence", Manilla Road "The Deluge" or "Cristal Logic", Omen "The Curse", Q5 "Steel the Light", Deadly Blessing "Ascend from the Cauldron", T.N.T. "Knights of the New Thunder", Acid "Maniac", Helstar "Remnants of War" or the aclaimed "Nosferatu". Of course there were other great bands like Loudness, Adrian, Overdirve, Griffin, Destiny or Hittman, but I can't list them all.

Don't come posting about the all known bands, you have a lot of pools for them, this is another kind of pool. Please refrain from pointless posts.

Poll

Which of these 80's metal bands do you preffer?

Agent Steel
Helstar
Manilla Road
Crimson Glory
T.N.T.
Omen
Q5
Deadly Blessing
Acid

Total votes: 64
08.08.2006 - 17:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 06:56

damn man, ive never heard not one band here.. i was thinking it was gonna be like Maiden, Priest or Sabbath here

What Sabath you mean, Black Sabbath ot Thrash band from UK , Sabat?

Venom sorry for out of topic

BTW you like French old school band Nightmare, thay play simmilar how those what you mention!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2006 - 20:12
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.08.2006 at 17:39

damn man, ive never heard not one band here.. i was thinking it was gonna be like Maiden, Priest or Sabbath here

What Sabath you mean, Black Sabbath ot Thrash band from UK , Sabat?

Venom sorry for out of topic

BTW you like French old school band Nightmare, thay play simmilar how those what you mention!

Black Sabbath
11.08.2006 - 04:38
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Crimson Glory by far for me,Transcendence is a fucking classic.The next closest would be Agent Steel.
06.09.2006 - 04:30
HeavenDuff
wow, the only 80's band I listen to is Megadeth, but I'll take a look at some of these bands I think. hope they are good.
----
Nothing less than a Metal God
06.09.2006 - 11:25
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by HeavenDuff on 06.09.2006 at 04:30

wow, the only 80's band I listen to is Megadeth, but I'll take a look at some of these bands I think. hope they are good.

The only 80's band you know is Megadeth and they are not even heavy metal

Brilliant thread , but again i am sucha noob .. not much into heavy metal stuff .
07.09.2006 - 04:05
HeavenDuff
Written by Hembrom on 06.09.2006 at 11:25

Written by HeavenDuff on 06.09.2006 at 04:30

The only 80's band you know is Megadeth and they are not even heavy metal

Brilliant thread , but again i am sucha noob .. not much into heavy metal stuff .

The did made lots of heavy metal stuff... like countdown to extinction, and they are not the only 80's band I know, but the only good band of theses years I know.
----
Nothing less than a Metal God
12.09.2006 - 19:03
peavy
Account deleted
For me it's impossible to vote just for one... cause I love 'em all!!! Man, I thought I was the only one in Romania who is listening to Acid!! Amazing old school band with a superb voice... Kate!
12.09.2006 - 19:20
Warman
Erotic Stains

Haha, yeah ... I haven't either heard any of those bands.
----
13.09.2006 - 01:50
Dam3k
KK there is something constructive to say get some manners venom_bm gl
----

09.10.2006 - 01:32
Varoth
Account deleted
Helstar gets my vote out of the bands above. Their album Nosferatu is the reason why. That album is a masterpiece, I probably listened to it a million times by now. Talented musicians, great vocals, great lyrics, nothing missing. I would consider it speed metal, though. Not heavy metal, but whatever. After Helstar I would probably pick Agent Steel and Manilla Road.

Good poll. There are a few I don't know, but will do check.
09.10.2006 - 07:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Agent Steel is my favorite. Their albums, from what I've heard, were pretty consistent and had a nice energy about them. John Cyriis was a damn good vocalist.

Edit: I forgot about Armored Saint. They are also really good, but I'm somewhat biased against John Bush cuz he sucked for Anthrax!
He sounded good in Armored Saint though.
09.10.2006 - 22:57
?Bodomchild?
Anget Steel ! Agents of Steel kick ass ! also Skeptics Apocalypse album its really good
----
asd
10.10.2006 - 20:52
Hellish Star
Indeed: Agent Steel with John Cyriis RULES !!!!! But also Helstar and Deadly Blessing belongs to my favourite bands.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
14.10.2006 - 05:17
Unholy_Emperor
I don't know all of them, but at the moment Agent Steel without doubt.
25.10.2006 - 13:45
arwestromen
haven´t heard one of them
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
25.10.2006 - 18:27
Hellish Star
Written by arwestromen on 25.10.2006 at 13:45

Try them, they won't dissapoint you (Helstar, Agent STeel,...)
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
26.10.2006 - 00:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by arwestromen on 25.10.2006 at 13:45

realy it was realy even metallica and megadeath? well read all post and it cen introduse you ito that kind of metal and also in metal arena are US metal tread and true Europeain metal tread there are simmilar band too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.11.2006 - 22:06
TSF
Account deleted
I only know Agent Steel, Crimsom Glory, Q5 and Deadly Blessing and Agent Steel gets my vote because it's really good.
07.03.2007 - 17:17
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I haven't heard any of this so I won'tt vote. Which band would you recommend me to listen to first?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
08.03.2007 - 03:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im with you PaganBlood, I havnt heard of any of those...I feel like such a N00b. but im also very curious so im gonna need some recomendations here.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.03.2007 - 15:00
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Well guys it depends what are you into: Q5, T.N.T. are for a more melodic approach, Helstar, Crimson Glory for people who can dig a more classic metal with a little high pitched vocals, Agent Steel, Deadly Blessing & Acid for people that like very high pitched vocals (King Diamond like) & last but not least Manilla Road if you like the first Manowar albums. Hey I recommend all of them, but I hope this helps you a little.
26.04.2007 - 05:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I've never heard a song from a band here! I felt ignorant. I want to listenManilla Road though.... They're canadian, that's cool.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.04.2007 - 09:39
|Angela|
Account deleted
I voted Agent Steel. I haven't heard Q5 T.N.T and Acid though. Not really my kind of genre I guess.
26.04.2007 - 15:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love all those bands but Angel Steel is my favorite...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.04.2007 - 23:25
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Damn, i've only listened to three of those bands, but between Helstar, Crimson Glory and Agent of Steel my favourite has got to be Agent of Steel.
20.05.2007 - 17:52
okt31
Account deleted
It's more difficult than Maiden vs Priest (not that would be easily this side or that).. But hey, here is Agent Steel, Helstar, Crimson Glory and Manilla Road.. God, I'm in a big confusion..
I'll choose Helstar to balance Agent STeel's leading position a bit..
Ultra-fucking A post, Venom!!
20.05.2007 - 17:55
okt31
Account deleted
It seems like I voted once in a past, probably for Helstar.. Btw, I miss a little Metal Church and Vicious RUmors from there.. I guess Jag Panzer were too known to enter that list, but MCh and VR are as known as to be omitted? Glad to think that! Venom, what are views regarding that?
20.05.2007 - 23:37
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2007 at 17:55

It seems like I voted once in a past, probably for Helstar.. Btw, I miss a little Metal Church and Vicious RUmors from there.. I guess Jag Panzer were too known to enter that list, but MCh and VR are as known as to be omitted? Glad to think that! Venom, what are views regarding that?

Well I thought of VR when i made this thread, but hell totally forgot about Metal Church, although they are a little more thrashy than the rest so they don't really fit in this thread. We'll make a brand new one some time. There is a rumor that VR & agent steel may come to romania this year!
21.05.2007 - 21:35
okt31
Account deleted
Absolutely insane!! Really there are coming VR and AS?? OH MY GOOOOOD!! I hope there will be some audience for these marvellous bands.. 'Cause Romanian metalheads don't really know/like them.. Where did you hear that from?
29.04.2008 - 21:19
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
TNT they were one of the best groups.