Metal Storm logo
Immolation vs Incantation

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 24.06.2007 - 03:46
Incantation and Immolation both played crucial roles in the development of the New York death metal scene, and through the years they have earned highly regarded reputations. Both bands formed in the late 80's and play a similar style of death metal. Even their names sound the same!

I voted for Immolation because I find them to be more interesting. Incantation tends to sound the same with every album they release, while Immolation adds more depth to their songs. I enjoy the vocals by Ross and John, but I think that Immolation's Ross Dolan slightly edges out John. His deep growls are just fucking menacing, and with the help of the music, create even more energy. His lyrics also make the overall atmosphere of their music much more dark.

Poll

Which band do you like more and why?

Immolation
Incantation

Total votes: 68
27.05.2014 - 22:38
Lit.
Account deleted
Immolation, easily.
Incantation? More like Incan't-even-compare.

Written by ditmas_duke on 27.05.2014 at 05:22

Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

"Nu metalcore?" Are you seriously listening to the same Immolation the rest of us are?
28.05.2014 - 09:08
ditmas_duke
Written by Guest on 27.05.2014 at 22:38

Immolation, easily.
Incantation? More like Incan't-even-compare.

Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

"Nu metalcore?" Are you seriously listening to the same Immolation the rest of us are?

I wish I wasn't listening to this Immolation.

And listen to that pitiful drumming. They got some boring normie to play drums on this one. Dude has no ideas and isn't very tight to boot.
01.07.2014 - 18:02
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

The Incantation discography is flawless. Not one stinker album. Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

I can't even think of a single Incantation song that I don't like in some way.

Funny that - I listened to their entire discography recently. The entire thing was so boring. Every. Single. Song. I've only heard two Immolation albums (those rated highest), but even those two have more quality seperately than Incantation's entire discography. I'm probably overreacting a bit considering that I'm a little irritated that I couldn't find one any enjoyment in my the former endeavor
30.04.2015 - 05:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I must check both bands.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.07.2018 - 00:30
Fleshbat
Old thread, but I don't fucking care...
Incantation's albums all sound the same?
I disagree. They're one of the few DM bands that have stayed true to their roots.
Immolation's early stuff is good, but when bands "experiment" and sound different, they might as well change their name.
It doesn't surprise me that Immolation won. They seem to appeal to more of a mainstream audience than Incantation does. I wonder if they sell Immolation t-shirts at Hot Topic.
19.07.2018 - 06:43
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Fleshbat on 19.07.2018 at 00:30

Old thread, but I don't fucking care...
Incantation's albums all sound the same?
I disagree. They're one of the few DM bands that have stayed true to their roots.
Immolation's early stuff is good, but when bands "experiment" and sound different, they might as well change their name.
It doesn't surprise me that Immolation won. They seem to appeal to more of a mainstream audience than Incantation does. I wonder if they sell Immolation t-shirts at Hot Topic.

U salty
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
26.09.2018 - 11:53
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Not even a fair contest. Incantation has 2 great albums, Immolation has a whole discography of classics.