Metal Storm logo
UEFA Euro 2020 (2021)

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 16.03.2020 - 13:36
It supose to be a gift in UEFA 50th anversery, but now quastion is will it happen?

Venues
London - Wembley
Munchen - Alianz
Roma - Olimpico
Baku - Olympic stadion
Saint Peterburg - Krestovsky Stadium
Budapest - Puskas Arena
Bucarest - Arena national
Amsterdam - Ajax Arena
Bilbao - San Memes
Glasgow - Hampden Park
Dublin - Aviva Stadion
Köpenhamn - Parken

Group

A Turkey, Italy, Walles, Suisse
B Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
C Nederland, Ukraine, Austria , Play Off Winner
D England, Croatia, Play Off Winnrer, Czechia
E Spain, Sweden, Poland, Play Off Winner
F Play Off Winner, Portugal, France, Germany

03.07.2021 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Suisse 1-2 Spain
Hard game, bad luck for Suisse, bad in penalties, but it was thigt. Now I need re consider that Spain can win whole think.

Italy 2-1 Belgium
It was not penalty to me, It was defense game. I remember days when we had refereeing in English style, german style, Italian style, Spanish style . Fight against ball in Scotland, in Spain it would be red card
I saw 2 Italy one modern what can attack, likes attack, and do it well, and have balance in all places on the pich
In second I saw classic Italy what knows best how to defend. In days when they said about Brazil we will score how much we want, you how much you can. About Italy you wont score how much you can, we wont let in how much we want.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2021 - 03:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
CZ 1-2 Denmark
Good game, hard fiscal, interesting

Ukraine 0-4 England
What a fight, maybe best Englands game in long time where attacking gave promise and goals. I dont remember when England scored so much goals.
Gareth Southgate can makes his own value as coach rise.

Semies
Spain - Italy
Gianluigi Donnarumma, Salvatore Sirigu is not Buffon, they never will have so good goalie, and Italy has 2 stars Giorgio Chiellini and Ciro Immobile as super stars , Spain on Paper has better team. But Italians are hungry new generation wants win. Spain has luck in their side, how long luck can help? I say Italy win win because they can boat attack and be good in defense.

England - Denmark
Those teams likes attack, it will be fight, similar style, Nordic mentality , fighting spirit. Interesting, I say it wont be easy game, winner there might take whole thing.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2021 - 09:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Italy 2-1 Spain
Good they have no more Roberto Biaggio. Maco do you remember him? Hard game, but justice won, Spain had luck so far.. We will see some good final. I hope Ukraine will loose today.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2021 - 11:20
Redel
Written by Bad English on 07.07.2021 at 09:46

I hope Ukraine will loose today.

You sometimes really seem to live in your own world.
07.07.2021 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Redel on 07.07.2021 at 11:20

Eng is better this year, so
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2021 - 12:28
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 07.07.2021 at 12:23

Written by Redel on 07.07.2021 at 11:20

Eng is better this year, so

England - Ukraine was the previous round. Today, it's England - Denmark, dude.
07.07.2021 - 12:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hehe i kniw, I just test who reads my comments, it was test. In some way I want both teams win, somehow I wish all 3 teams win, its be hard
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2021 - 13:02
Deadsoulman
Elite
Dude, honestly : Even my kids don't play the "it was a test" card anymore.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy Italy won yesterday. I can't stand that Spanish team, they've been boring the shit out of me for years. They were the better team yesterday, but Italy has been the best team since the beginning of the Euro, so that's ok. Don't have a favourite for this evening, either team will be a fine finalist.
07.07.2021 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 07.07.2021 at 13:02

Dude, honestly : Even my kids don't play the "it was a test" card anymore.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy Italy won yesterday. I can't stand that Spanish team, they've been boring the shit out of me for years. They were the better team yesterday, but Italy has been the best team since the beginning of the Euro, so that's ok. Don't have a favourite for this evening, either team will be a fine finalist.

I agree, and Spanish teams winning eufa Europe league puss me of even more. Spain has won, it'd enough to me. Italy is best from today's 2 teams, but in final all can happen. Will watch it if I can hill heat what came from south to artic circle
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2021 - 16:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
England 2-1 OT Denmark
Good fight, I say Eng get referee sympathies because they were at home and also final is in London. Otherwise it was tight game. Best what boat teams could achieve in ages.

Final
Italy - England
Good luck to boat, I will enjoy the game, I have no favorite. so.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2021 - 02:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
England 1-1 2-4 PP Italy
Good game, for England its good result, for Italy also, it was best team so far.
Gareth Southgate came from nothing, then he made England was it os, maybe best manager , his name will be BIG. This is maybe best Englan's maneger. Roberto Mancini as well, but Gareth Southgate its , maybe he might be in Barcelona, Real M, Italian and best Englands team list.
His biggest mistake was that he picked up wrong 5 men team for shot outs.
England has not have good keeper after David Seamen , Jordan Pickford is OK, keeper but for penaltes he was better as Gianluigi Donnarumma, just shoters sucked, I saw David in a croud, if he would have a chance, England would win.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2021 - 04:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So this is over, what we can take whit it?

Negative: Corona ruined it and UEFA tock away Bilbao and Dublin. Sevilla got Bilbao, Dublin game get St. Peterburg.
Countries could make some fake rules and let more people in, disappointing from Sevilla and Munchen.

Baki in Azerbaijan hosted it. Its not in real Europe. Atenas could have it.

Hungarian fans make some provocations. New stadion now 3 game ban. Its be hard well well, I dont like E Europeian ultras

Finland did not go and Sweden was out to soon.

Positive - Fernando Rapallini from Argentina was a referee in 3 games. I think UEFA and SA can work together same as Jesús Gil Manzano from Spain did dome games in Copa America.

Spain did not won.

We had suprises and few good interesting games, most I enjoyed those at 21:00 CET

Now Germany and Spain has 3 titles, Italy has 2. Italy can get 3th ...same as Germany and Spain 4th,

France has 2

USSR, Denmark, Holland, Portugal, Greece and Czechoslovakia (Cz and Slovakia) has one tittle

See you after 3 years in Germany, good that they dont need fix new arenas, Germany can host whole thing now.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2021 - 12:57
nikarg
Staff
The best team of the tournament won it. France and England had the best players individually but Italy performed better than everyone else overall. I am fond of both England and Italy for different reasons so either team winning it would have been fine with me.

I mostly agree with BE's assessment above. Having the Euro hosted in many countries was a moronic idea, I am glad they won't be doing that again (Switzerland travelled 15.485 km ffs, and maybe they should invite Australia and New Zealand in the next Euro, if these countries want to participate, it's not like all the other teams are European anyway). The ridiculous amounts of money being poured in, the managers, and all the betting frenzy have been steadily killing football little by little. I don't feel the same enjoyment watching it as I used to. Also, the sharp increase of matches being played every season make the whole thing less special, I think.
12.07.2021 - 13:41
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Italy's goalie Donnarumma was fantastic! He was the first goalkeeper to win "player of the tournament" award by UEFA. All three group stage games were clean sheets (he didn't allow any goals). He saved a penalty against Morata in the semi-final and he saved two penalties (including the deciding one) in the final!
The final was a close game - both sides were equal. But I'm glad Italy won - it was the first time they won the European tournament since 1968!
12.07.2021 - 15:26
You know it's a mediocre show when a goalkeeper is the man of the tournament.
12.07.2021 - 20:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 12.07.2021 at 12:57

The best team of the tournament won it. France and England had the best players individually but Italy performed better than everyone else overall. I am fond of both England and Italy for different reasons so either team winning it would have been fine with me.

I mostly agree with BE's assessment above. Having the Euro hosted in many countries was a moronic idea, I am glad they won't be doing that again (Switzerland travelled 15.485 km ffs, and maybe they should invite Australia and New Zealand in the next Euro, if these countries want to participate, it's not like all the other teams are European anyway). The ridiculous amounts of money being poured in, the managers, and all the betting frenzy have been steadily killing football little by little. I don't feel the same enjoyment watching it as I used to. Also, the sharp increase of matches being played every season make the whole thing less special, I think.

How was your feelings in2004 when you moshed host Nation in opening and final.

I remember Omonia or Apoel Nikosie smashing real Madrid on cl. That's football to me, small team crush the giants

Ausie and Qatar was invited to Copa America, same Mexico, USA as well in a past. I know polish fans bitched that they need play on Tromsö or Bodö.. But it'd Eur
Europe. Crvena Zvezda one traveled to Kazakstan. Delije was pissed. How about each continent hosts WC?
I can accept Sweden, Norway, or even Denmark do it together, or Poland, Ukraine, but not this. Money. Well i dont like it any more
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2021 - 21:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman2000 on 12.07.2021 at 13:41

Italy's goalie Donnarumma was fantastic! He was the first goalkeeper to win "player of the tournament" award by UEFA. All three group stage games were clean sheets (he didn't allow any goals). He saved a penalty against Morata in the semi-final and he saved two penalties (including the deciding one) in the final!
The final was a close game - both sides were equal. But I'm glad Italy won - it was the first time they won the European tournament since 1968!

Yes same as Messi last WC I think, did not done, was man of the match.
Seems you dont know much about goaly job , he is top level, good team, Serie A, but Italy's defense and tactic make his job easy .
Manuel Neuer, Kasper Schmeichel, David de Gea and even Lukas Fabiansky was equal. Difference he is winer.

His plus was he saved penalty, but Buffon was much better to save same as Manuel Neuer and Kasper Schmeichel. In penalties, you can save one or 2 and you be hero, but biggest prtoblem is that your team score that what you saved.....
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2021 - 23:42
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Typical to see England throw it away again when it really matters. They did what they usually do against the big teams, score early on then decided to throw everyone back and defend the 1-0 lead, instead of going for the second, this might of worked against a poor team, but this was Italy.
They didn't throw enough people forward to counter attack, because they were too scared of leaving themselves open at the back, instead they just kept on giving the ball back to Italy, which allowed Italy to keep the pressure deep in Englands half, so it was only a matter of time before Italy came back into the game.
And I think everyone new what the outcome would be once it came to penalties, England never win penalty shoot outs, no matter how good the players are, they haven't got the confidence.
Still it was remarkable that they even reached the final.