03.08.2021 - 20:33
Rating: 8
FYA
Destroyer
I am waiting like a crazy
04.08.2021 - 07:29
Aries Rising
Bad English ruined this band for me (or was it Marcel?). I can't see their name without immediately thinking of that "STS is a boy band" argument that I now agree with. Probably the most overrated band on this website.
06.08.2021 - 14:24
Rating: 9
Written by Aries Rising on 04.08.2021 at 07:29

the most overrated band on this website.

no need to mention Helloween on this page.
12.08.2021 - 23:16
CWA
Quote:
Quote:

no need to mention Helloween on this page.

Do I sense butthurt over the fact that people like a band you don't?
15.08.2021 - 02:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

Bad English ruined this band for me (or was it Marcel?). I can't see their name without immediately thinking of that "STS is a boy band" argument that I now agree with. Probably the most overrated band on this website.

That, and I think Marcel referred to them as Swallow the Cum on more than one occasion
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2021 - 02:58
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2021 at 02:23

Swallow the Cum

Hahaha
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
15.08.2021 - 16:18
Aries Rising
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2021 at 02:23

That, and I think Marcel referred to them as Swallow the Cum on more than one occasion

That's hilarious, but seriously, why is there this trend for metal bands today to take dapper looking photoshoots. It's like, you guys are metal artists not pop, and yet they think looking GQ will help them? To me the best metal band photos are like the ones in the 80s and early 90s, slightly over-exposed looking film and jeans, t-shirts and denim & leather; More bands should do that or follow the benchmark of The Band's self-titled album cover: Black & White photos taken just as they finished cutting the album, looking scruffy and exhausted.
15.08.2021 - 23:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Aries Rising on 15.08.2021 at 16:18

That's hilarious, but seriously, why is there this trend for metal bands today to take dapper looking photoshoots. It's like, you guys are metal artists not pop, and yet they think looking GQ will help them? To me the best metal band photos are like the ones in the 80s and early 90s, slightly over-exposed looking film and jeans, t-shirts and denim & leather; More bands should do that or follow the benchmark of The Band's self-titled album cover: Black & White photos taken just as they finished cutting the album, looking scruffy and exhausted.

Simply put, I think it's a matter of the metal scene becoming more corporate. There's an algorithm of niche checkpoints that some bands and labels understand will garner more attention, and therefore more money, even if the ethos countermands the established foundations of what made metal "metal."

It is what it is. In all fields there will always be those who look to take a passion project ideology and attempt to transform it into a financially viable way of life.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.08.2021 - 12:45
Liafev
Such a shame this thread is so polluted before the album is even out
09.09.2021 - 12:36
Written by Liafev on 31.08.2021 at 12:45

Such a shame this thread is so polluted before the album is even out

true that. It's like the old folk here have something against this band in particular. I remember Swallow The Sun's last album wasn't nominated for MS awards and when a few fans complained, things turned into a shitstorm.. mainly caz veterans of the site didn't enjoy the band much.

no disrespect for Marcel, he was a super guy, but he also thought Watching From a Distance by Warning was the only Doom metal worth listening. hardly makes sense to mention his hate for the band in the thread.
24.09.2021 - 09:24
Stunning Cactus
Super excited for this release, very consistent band.
25.09.2021 - 08:28
First single out. it is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKq4iECc8EA
20.10.2021 - 15:41
Risto
Wandering Midget

This album is already not as good as the previous.
19.11.2021 - 12:30
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Good album, but miles away from the previous two.

About the band's photo shoots being "boys bandzy" i don't see it. Looked at a few on google images and they looked normal photos to me.
19.11.2021 - 16:32
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
This House Has No Home
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
19.11.2021 - 16:49
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by The Melting Snow on 09.09.2021 at 12:36

no disrespect for Marcel, he was a super guy, but he also thought Watching From a Distance by Warning was the only Doom metal worth listening. hardly makes sense to mention his hate for the band in the thread.

I am sorry to continue the off-topicness, but Marcel was a doom guy through and through. It's beyond unfair to imply that Watching From a Distance was the only doom he evangelized for. I remember him saying that he wasn't even sure whether it was his favorite album, as on some days he felt he preferred Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.

Back on topic: Listening to this now and I like what I'm hearing.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
19.11.2021 - 17:04
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Written by Dark Forever on 19.11.2021 at 16:32

This House Has No Home

I agree, this song is a great ending and the best one of the album.
19.11.2021 - 17:15
IronArkadius666
I like it, better than the previous album, but not quite as good as anything before. I appreciate that they used more harsh vocals which I thought were too few and far between on the previous album. Favourite songs are probably The Fight of your Life and Keep Your Heart Safe from Me, edgy title notwithstanding.

I don't think I'll be putting it on my albums of the year list, but I'm looking forward to spinning this a few times.
19.11.2021 - 21:16
Nothing that surprised me as the two singles suggested it would do, but a very solid record. This band's discography is thoroughly good.
19.11.2021 - 22:40
FYA
Destroyer
Can't really tell something about this one. I feel it like a "When The Shadow... 2". There's nothing surprising here, nothing that would make it "shiny". I am not really sure what's going on with their current keyboardist - Jaani. It looks like they parted away with him, but not officially?

EDIT:
Couple of spins later I need to say that "The Void" is probably my fav. song from the whole album.
Production is - as usual - very, very good. I miss electronics & keyboards like from "When The Shadow..." or last part of "Songs From The North". I feel like there are less harsh vocals, comparing to previous albums. For me it's the same level as previous, maybe a little higher, but still - not AS good as "New Moon", "Emerald Forest" or "Songs...".
20.11.2021 - 07:26
Aries Rising
Although I came off as an old curmudgeon, this might actually be the second StS album I would consider buying. Need to hear the whole album a few times through first.
20.11.2021 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Something between first 2 albums to me, calm soft emotional doom touches whit harsher guitar parts but vocals all time keeps calm
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2021 - 13:56
frequenzangriff
It is a good album,
idk about technicalities or whatever, and i will not compare this to the previous albums
and it is delightful to have a classical instrumental version of the album
20.11.2021 - 22:33
Icedburden
Who cares what a band looks like in photoshoots? If the music is good it doesn’t matter.
If people really have a thought go through their head that being attractive or clean hurting metal somehow, get a lobotomy.
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
21.11.2021 - 17:52
Polaria
If you like an album, wtf would you care if other don’t?
Marcel (RIP) had his opinions, ok, fine, but then nobody has to agree with them.
And stop that narrative about doing stuff in order to make $$$$ money. That alley has been dead for years now.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
22.11.2021 - 15:49
Rating: 7
Ball Fondlers
Written by Icedburden on 20.11.2021 at 22:33

Who cares what a band looks like in photoshoots? If the music is good it doesn’t matter.
If people really have a thought go through their head that being attractive or clean hurting metal somehow, get a lobotomy.

Image has always been important to metal. Look at Thrash, Black, Glam, Death, Goth... they all had a look. This polished look doesn't fit to me.
If these guys looked Glam would it have no effect on how you felt about the band? Good, bad, or otherwise?
22.11.2021 - 19:10
AndreMarcos
This is definitely a grower, the more i listen the more, I enjoy it. For now I'll give it an 8 but i wouldn't be surprised if I'll change it to a 9 in the near future.
23.11.2021 - 06:45
Written by Ball Fondlers on 22.11.2021 at 15:49

Image has always been important to metal. Look at Thrash, Black, Glam, Death, Goth... they all had a look. This polished look doesn't fit to me.
If these guys looked Glam would it have no effect on how you felt about the band? Good, bad, or otherwise?

Where is this photo everyone is talking about? I haven't seen anything from this band that would stir such a conversation...
23.11.2021 - 07:53
About the album, it is much better and more dynamic than I was expecting. I loved the previous album because of the subject matter, but the music seemed a little 1-dimensional.

This time they've really combined all their signature elements really well... and the guitar solos are an extra treat. Swallow the Sun didn't have such emotive guitar solos before 2019. I guess Juho Raiha is to credit for that. He's really added another layer of emotion to the songs.

No song is weak so far, but I'm especially loving The Fight of Your Life, This House Has No Home and All Hallow's Grieve.

Definitely among the best albums of the year for me, along with Moonspell's Hermitage and Clouds' Despartire
23.11.2021 - 20:31
Gungniru
A brilliantly melancholic album but the mediocre lyrics kinda ruin it. The last track is simply phenomenal.

Hits total: 13654 | This month: 83