Metal Storm logo
Witchcryer - New Video Online

Heavy doomers Witchcryer put out a brand new music video for the song "Nemesis, The Inevitable". The latter is part of the group's When Their Gods Come For You record, officially released last Friday. The video was created through the collaboration of two Austin videographers with story shots by Erik Bredthauer from Necroblance Photography & Design and band shots by Marcos Morales and Josh Paul from Dirt City Studios.

Featured in Witchcryer's sophomore album, When Their Gods Come For You, "Nemesis The Inevitable" is a song about vengeance for crimes against women through lyrics based on the mythological tale of Greek goddess, 'Nemesis' whose name evokes a meaning of "judgement", "retribution", and restoring balance to the world through acts of poetic justice and vengeance to those who committed acts of hubris and crime. Nemesis, neither good nor bad, punishes those to get what they deserve. Some historians and poets personify her as a winged dark faced goddess wielding an hourglass and a sword. Some say she is the daughter of Nyx (goddess of the night) and primordial god, Chaos. Some believe that she was the one who lured extremely vain Narcissus to the river where he fell madly in love with his reflection and drowned.

Vocalist Suzy Bravo recalls inspiration behind lyrics, "During my junior year in high school, a beautiful freshman girl was raped and murdered. It was discovered that another classmate who gave her a ride home after a party she was drunk at the night she was murdered was found guilty and executed. Years after the execution, I found out that several people at that party sexually assaulted her earlier that night. I don't believe that those people were ever brought to justice and ever convicted for what they did to her before the murder took place.

"About 2 years later, a 12 year old girl I know was raped and I had to be the one to call the rape crisis hotline, tell her mother, find help for her and her mother, go to the hospital with them, talk to the police, never find out who the rapist was nor see him brought to justice, and I've had to watch her deal with the demons that she's had to face many decades after it happened to her.

"Her rape and my classmate's death fueled so much anger in me that I've never been able to resolve. It angers me that these people continue to exist without ever having justice served to them and then dealing with this feeling of helplessness for not being able to do anything about it. Writing and singing about it helps me work through those emotions and maybe imagine for a minute that the reality is that there is bad ass goddess out there taking care of business."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Witchcryer
Posted: 24.08.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
01.09.2021 - 19:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good doom, has rock, has a bit stoner influences, 70's spyhodelic, traditional doom , interesting.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 424 | This month: 7