Metal Storm logo
Bob Catley Albums Ranked

Thumbs up: +1
Created by: majormalfunction | 11.02.2022

1. Bob Catley - Middle Earth
2001 Rating: 9 Top picks: The Wraith of the Rings, Where You Lead I'll Follow, The Fields That I Recall
2. Bob Catley - The Tower
1998 Rating: 9 Top picks: Scream, The Tower, Fear of the Dark
3. Bob Catley - When Empires Burn
2003 Rating: 8 Top picks: Children of the Circle, Someday Utopia, This is the Day
4. Bob Catley - Legends
1999 Rating: 7 Top picks: The Light, The Pain, Shelter from the Night
5. Bob Catley - Spirit of Man
1992 Rating: 7 Top picks: The End of the Story, Judgment Day, The Fire Within Me
6. Bob Catley - Immortal
1992 Rating: 6 Top picks: We Are Immortal, Open Your Eyes, You Are My Star

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by majormalfunction ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 4   Visited by: 9 users
18.02.2022 - 15:34
Ball Fondlers
I haven't heard any of these. I'll give Middle Earth a try
19.02.2022 - 04:52
majormalfunction
Written by Ball Fondlers on 18.02.2022 at 15:34

I haven't heard any of these. I'll give Middle Earth a try

I would recommend The Tower as the first one. Very Magnum-ish with Gary Hughes great writing, and as the second When Empires Burn which is at times a heavy metal album. After those probably Middle-Earth.
The Tower, Legends and Middle-Earth are basically the band Ten with Bob Catley on vocals, all songs on those albums are written by Gary Hughes and performed by Ten.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
21.02.2022 - 09:22
Ball Fondlers
Written by majormalfunction on 19.02.2022 at 04:52

I would recommend The Tower as the first one. Very Magnum-ish with Gary Hughes great writing, and as the second When Empires Burn which is at times a heavy metal album. After those probably Middle-Earth.
The Tower, Legends and Middle-Earth are basically the band Ten with Bob Catley on vocals, all songs on those albums are written by Gary Hughes and performed by Ten.

This is awesome info, and I didn't know this was the case with Ten (although I think I read that you or somebody else mentioned that there was a cross over on another thread)

I'm a big fan of Ten's early albums, it was some of the first Hard Rock/metal that I heard when I first started listening to Metal at all... this was around 1998. I only really discovered Magnum fairly recently, which was about 4 years ago when they released Lost On The Road To Eternity, which I really loved. I've since listened to a lot of Magnum and really love Catley's vocals.

As for these albums. I did already listed to The Tower before seeing your comment, and I really liked it. I'll go back and listen in the order you mentioned. Thanks!!
23.02.2022 - 10:18
majormalfunction
Quote:
Written by Ball Fondlers on 21.02.2022 at 09:22

I'm a big fan of Ten's early albums, it was some of the first Hard Rock/metal that I heard when I first started listening to Metal at all... this was around 1998. I only really discovered Magnum fairly recently, which was about 4 years ago when they released Lost On The Road To Eternity, which I really loved. I've since listened to a lot of Magnum and really love Catley's vocals.

I think for me it was the other way around. Started listening to Magnum when I was quite young and then I stumbled upon Ten... remember hearing The Robe the first time, still to this day one of my favourite songs

Always nice to find people who likes Ten, criminially underrated band. In their early days when Vinny was on guitar and Greg Morgan was on drums they were the top melodic rock act.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 141 | This month: 3