Metal Storm logo
2022 FIFA World Cup

05.04.2022 - 16:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Soon its here, to me most boring WC ever in my life....will watch but whit not a such pasion, but I agree that in cold, boring early winter dark days it can be cool and I might have more time to watch.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.04.2022 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Groups:
In order I think they will finish:

A: Holland, Senegal / Qatar, Equator
Nothing special to me

B. USA, England / Walles, Austria, or Ukraine / Iran
Iran once made good game against Argentina, thisis not case. 2 good teams.

C: Arhentina, Mexico / Poland, Saudi
Good group, interesting games specially latino derby

D: Denmark, France / Costra Rica vs New Zeeland , Tunisia
Cool group, no interests in Tunisia, if NZ qualifies might be good.

E: Spain, Germany / Japan , CONCACAF–OFC
hehe killer teams. we will see

F: Croatia, Belgium / Canada, Morocco
Good group

G: Suisse, Brazil / Cameroon, Serbia
I hope really hope Serbia will loose all games, Suisse will take over Brazil

H: Uruguay, Portugal / South Korea, Ghana
Cool
----

apos;'
[image]
15.04.2022 - 18:37
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 05.04.2022 at 16:00

Soon its here, to me most boring WC ever in my life....will watch but whit not a such pasion, but I agree that in cold, boring early winter dark days it can be cool and I might have more time to watch.

Why will it be boring in your opinion?
15.04.2022 - 22:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman2000 on 15.04.2022 at 18:37

To small country theritory for so big event, not historic football country, and I have interest in a middle east unless it's Israel. Best wc to me was in SA, then 7-1 in drive over game in a Brazil. If I could re live Germany 2006. It was interesting. Also I don't like Qatar and Russia because of corruption
----

apos;'
[image]
15.04.2022 - 23:23
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 15.04.2022 at 22:43

Written by F3ynman2000 on 15.04.2022 at 18:37

To small country theritory for so big event, not historic football country, and I have interest in a middle east unless it's Israel. Best wc to me was in SA, then 7-1 in drive over game in a Brazil. If I could re live Germany 2006. It was interesting. Also I don't like Qatar and Russia because of corruption

Yeah I agree. 2014 was the best (as a German fan obviously). 2010 was also cool. I was very young in 2006 and only remember Zidane's headbutt
16.04.2022 - 09:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1998 was good I still remember final. I did not liked WC in Japan and Korea, as teenager I did like to sleep in early hours.
In Russia was good from sport principle not political
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2022 - 21:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2022 at 09:13

1998 was good I still remember final.

Haha classic Brazil losing by a very bad score at the finals
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.04.2022 - 09:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 16.04.2022 at 21:15

Can not bear 2 games in Maracana. Brazil has not so good team anymore as you had, and maybe never will be.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.04.2022 - 16:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2022 at 09:05

Can not bear 2 games in Maracana. Brazil has not so good team anymore as you had, and maybe never will be.

Yeah, sounds about right.

For starters Brazilian ppl are not as about soccer as they used to be, so the whole sport doesn't get closely as much support as it once did.
Also Brazil still has the mentality that good player on attack = a good team, while they should invest on a team that actually interacts well instead... Like the european teams do...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
17.04.2022 - 18:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 17.04.2022 at 16:03

Written by Bad English on 17.04.2022 at 09:05

For starters Brazilian ppl are not as about soccer as they used to be, so the whole sport doesn't get closely as much support as it once did.
Also Brazil still has the mentality that good player on attack = a good team, while they should invest on a team that actually interacts well instead... Like the european teams do...

Yes but not so big names as Pele days, Rivelino days or 1994, 1998, 2002 wc.
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 00:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Karlabos on 17.04.2022 at 16:03

May be. All I know was when Coritiba beat Atletico Paranaense a couple weeks ago in the Cup semifinal you could hear the crowd in the stadium from my apartment, some 2km or so away. And the incessant honking for a long while after.

Perhaps an over emphasis on attacking players is a key problem. Weird WC to go into with CONMEBOL pretty much being crap this go around and no real challenge.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.04.2022 - 01:59
tintinb

It wasn't the finals. I think it was the semis.
----
Leeches everywhere.
22.04.2022 - 14:13
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by tintinb on 20.04.2022 at 01:59

Nope, it was the finals. France winning their first WC 3-0 versus Brazil. I almost failed my exams because of the World Cup
22.04.2022 - 14:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.04.2022 at 14:13

Nope, it was the finals. France winning their first WC 3-0 versus Brazil. I almost failed my exams because of the World Cup

Maybe best game France ever performed in a WC, EC history , better as against Portugal and Italy 2 years later and 2018,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2022 - 14:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

I guess you are thinking about the quarter finals in 2006 when they also lost to France.
That match was funny because ppl were all like "Brazil has to win to make up for the 98 cup" and then they lost because Roberto Carlos was tying his boots and let a ball slide past him that scored a goal. Ppl started thinking he was paid to let them win and all of that stuff.

That's a thing with brazilians. They think the team has to win all of the matches otherwise they are being paid to let the other team win, or the arbiter is rigged or something like that.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.04.2022 - 14:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 22.04.2022 at 14:32

That's a thing with brazilians. They think the team has to win all of the matches otherwise they are being paid to let the other team win, or the arbiter is rigged or something like that.

Its a possibility that Brazil never ever will win WC anymore .
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2022 - 10:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why last 2 games was plaid in Qatar as single game? Home vs Away should be better.

Australia won over Peru whit penalties
To me this is worst qualify circle for Australia in last 5 WC circles.
Good they are there, but they should simply win in a group not intercontinental qualifications.

Costa Rica vs New Zeeland, I prefer NZ in WC, more European team as CR and NZ maybe should as Oceania winner get direct place or move to Asia group
If home vs away games would happen NZ would manage enter in a WC.
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2022 - 11:06
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
I'm really looking forward to the World cup. Yesterday's game Germany vs Italy gave me some hope. It'll be weird to watch World Cup in winter, but the players might actually perform better since it's in the middle of the soccer season and not at the end (when they are often tired)
25.07.2022 - 15:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.04.2022 at 14:13

Watched that final while in college. O'Malleys was the bar, went in neutral ... weird mix of people rooting for each side. I think I started leaning towards Brazil because some annoying guy rooting for France kept running around waving a full fucking baguette in the air. At least he didn't grease on a mustache and staple a beret to his dome.

Hoping for a nice showing from the US - escape from the group - and a strong showing from the locals. Would love to be party of the party should Brazil succeed. Weird as I usually hate football giants and look for them to get humbled. Although Brazil is weird. Was laughing at the 7-1 pummeling in 2014. After moving to Paraguay and visiting several times across several cities I'd decided the Brazilians were my favorite people in South America in general (which says a LOT as SA is a giant niceness war with each country actively trying to be nicer than their neighbors... except BA. BA is the Paris of SA and even other Argies scoff at them) ... now I live here for the time being.

Will say again, weird rooting for a team that should go far, but on the flip side, wherever my life takes me next, when future Cups roll around will never have to worry about another 2018 where on the last night, it was completely conceivable that all three countries I had lived in/was living in could have bombed out. US lost away at TNT when a tie would have gotten them in, Paraguay would have made it, but fell at home to a weak Venezuela team, conceding in the 87th min, and Colombia held on 1-1 against Peru to get them both in. All three *SHOULD* have made it, but a late goal from Peru and none would have.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.11.2022 - 10:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does someone watch this.... I did watch game, and more I watched around the game, news, analyses and bullshit talks.
Well FIFA dug own reputation grave now. Budweiser is a main sponsor, and fans can not drink beer. Nja.
Gianni Inflantino must re sign, and European (only) can take over FIFA. FIFA is banning swastikas, but then again double morel, ban rainbow flag? How it goes together? So far non Europeain team has plaid, but it wont be surprise FIFA will hide real attendance stats ,,,,they really dug own game, They could cancel it and give it to England, what can host major sporting events whit out special preparation. Now Nord Korea and Kongo will host 2040 WC together....
----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2022 - 22:59
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 21.11.2022 at 10:45

Well FIFA dug own reputation grave now. Budweiser is a main sponsor, and fans can not drink beer. Nja.
Gianni Inflantino must re sign, and European (only) can take over FIFA. FIFA is banning swastikas, but then again double morel, ban rainbow flag? How it goes together? So far non Europeain team has plaid, but it wont be surprise FIFA will hide real attendance stats ,,,,they really dug own game

Lol poor bud, they changed the alcohol policy like 2 days before the event. I don't know if it's because my couuntry is going through a shitty period but it seems like nobody is buying this cup at all.

But hey, it's not that bad! In 2026 we are gonna have a cup with a prime number of teams, groups varying from 3 to 5 and Japan playing in Toronto while Canada plays in a random stadium in the middle east, so I guess it could always be worse...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.11.2022 - 01:04
mz
So Iran lost 6-2 to England and the Iranian people are actually celebrating as the players have refused to show solidarity with the ongoing revolution and actually bowed down to the president, a known butcher with a history of killing 1000s of people. There are videos of whole neighborhoods cheering on Englan's team when they score.

Regarding the rest of the games, I've never been so indifferent to the world cup, given how much FIFA tries to cuddle Qatar's government. However, I must admit I find it hilarious and entertaining to see gullible westerners getting smacked in the face by Islamic laws. Maybe next time people who actually have lived under this thuggish and barbaric religion want to talk about its inhumanity, they will not be abused by the shouts of "Islamophobia".
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.11.2022 - 22:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by mz on 22.11.2022 at 01:04

So Iran lost 6-2 to England and the Iranian people are actually celebrating as the players have refused to show solidarity with the ongoing revolution and actually bowed down to the president, a known butcher with a history of killing 1000s of people. There are videos of whole neighborhoods cheering on Englan's team when they score.

Regarding the rest of the games, I've never been so indifferent to the world cup, given how much FIFA tries to cuddle Qatar's government. However, I must admit I find it hilarious and entertaining to see gullible westerners getting smacked in the face by Islamic laws. Maybe next time people who actually have lived under this thuggish and barbaric religion want to talk about its inhumanity, they will not be abused by the shouts of "Islamophobia".

To me FIFA are organisation, who support tourism (misspelled on purpose ), we can discuss if siran should be banned or not, but they help Russia, so.
Anyway it will be concequnces, sponsors media, inflantino will be remembered as clown.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.11.2022 - 22:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Argentina lost lol, I can make fun about it, but I feel more as Argentinan ot as Saudi Arab.
This case its well.. M
----

apos;'
[image]
22.11.2022 - 22:52
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 22.11.2022 at 22:12

Argentina lost lol, I can make fun about it, but I feel more as Argentinan ot as Saudi Arab.
This case its well.. M

Yeah, I'm not necessarily a Saudi fan, but it's always fun(nny) to see underdogs win. That's what I love about this sport - anyone has a chance to win!
23.11.2022 - 02:27
tintinb
As an Argentina fan it was heartbreaking to see them loose. But thankfully Poland vs Mexico was a draw so there's still a chance for them to go to the super 16.
----
Leeches everywhere.
23.11.2022 - 06:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman2000 on 22.11.2022 at 22:52

Written by Bad English on 22.11.2022 at 22:12

This case its well.. M

Yeah, I'm not necessarily a Saudi fan, but it's always fun(nny) to see underdogs win. That's what I love about this sport - anyone has a chance to win!

I like underdogs winning UEFA game hehe. To me Saudi and Qatar is equal evil, in Iran folk try protest.
As Europeian I lile see our team wins, and Argentina is equal as Europe.
If it would be Kongo or Vietnam I would not mind, but when goes radical religious oversized country... Btw was it last or 2 wc ago Argentina al ost lose to Iran when Lionella scored in 88 and save the day.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.11.2022 - 07:34
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
England might have one of the easiest groups, but it's the knockout phrase that I'm not looking forward too, England always get so far and then when the nerves kick in they bottle it. Argentina was lacking a Maradona to single handldly tear Saudi apart
23.11.2022 - 08:03
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Throughout the history of the world Cup there has always been one star performer above all, players like; Eusebio, Bobby Moore, Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Dino Zoff, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Romario, Zidane, Ronaldo (R9), Ronaldinho, and surprisingly Diego Forlan? This year was meant for either Ronaldo or Messi to shine and make history.
23.11.2022 - 08:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 23.11.2022 at 08:03

Throughout the history of the world Cup there has always been one star performer above all, players like; Eusebio, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Pele, Roberto Baggio, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (R9), Zidane, Cannavaro, Platini, and Diego Forlan?. This year was meant for either Ronaldo or Messi to make history.

Well maybe but I doubt they make their teams win, Portugal won when Ronaldo was injured. I believe Arg has bigger chance win if Messi is off. His best game maybe was Copa America final in Brazil
----

apos;'
[image]