Metal Storm logo
Alice In Chains

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 02.06.2006 - 07:01
As I am listening to Alice in Chains I thought I would make a topic for them. I put it in Hard Rock because that is what it is closest to I suppose. Sometimes they lean towards the Metal side but other times fall back to the more Rock/Grunge area, so it's fine here. Anyway, are there any fans of this band? Personally I think Staley was one of the best vocalists ever and Cantrell is an amazing guitar player. It seems that Staley's melancholic wailing and Cantrell's crunching guitar work always went together perfectly. I don't have a favorite album really, as I enjoy all of their material equally.
11.07.2008 - 01:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They're just trying to cash in on their old glories so they will keep the name much to the discontent of everyone else...the name Alice In Chains was Layne's idea too...
21.03.2009 - 21:00
Gigginova
Account deleted
They have a great, solid sound that rocks!
I like their debut best. Jerry Cantrell comes up with great riffs
12.08.2009 - 11:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Haha so I guess Elton John is doing guest vocals on the new Alice in Chains album

http://www.smnnews.com/2009/08/11/elton-john-records-guest-vocals-on-title-track-of-alice-in-chains-new-album/
12.08.2009 - 15:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2009 at 11:14

Haha so I guess Elton John is doing guest vocals on the new Alice in Chains album

http://www.smnnews.com/2009/08/11/elton-john-records-guest-vocals-on-title-track-of-alice-in-chains-new-album/

that's gonna be interesting.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.09.2009 - 14:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard the new album yet? I've heard nothing but positive remarks so far, but I haven't heard it yet.
29.09.2009 - 14:59
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
The new album is awesome, expect a review soon from yours truly.
29.09.2009 - 19:18
Derwood
I was very pleasantly surprised by the new album. They have really kept the distinctive Alice in Chains sound and managed to produce a very solid album.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
02.10.2009 - 06:51
Sonic MrSumo
I'm very impressed with the new album. They've done extremely well in taking elements from Facelift, Jar of Flies and Dirt. An instant classic in my opinion!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
02.10.2009 - 15:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
I downloaded their new album, as I saw a lot of people praised it, I really don't know what to expect.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.10.2009 - 08:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I seem to be the only person who thinks it's just an average album
05.10.2009 - 12:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Dangerboner on 05.10.2009 at 08:04

I seem to be the only person who thinks it's just an average album

Nah, now that I've listened to it, I'd say it's pretty mediocre. Also it reminds me of Nickleback agh
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.10.2009 - 12:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Gross! Don't compare it to them!

Sure, parts of it sound dull but it does have it's good moments, like Last Of My Kind and Your Decision.
14.10.2009 - 14:40
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I gave it a 7/10. I liked it, but I would never listen to it over the older albums. It did, however, make me spin their oldies once more. Overall, the album isn't a bad addition to the collection, but the sound is outdated.

Favorite Song: Private Hell
----
Brujerizmo!
02.11.2009 - 18:31
JD
Account deleted
The new AiC album 2009 Black Gives Way To Blue is amazing, the new vocals is very good...
it's a good news Alice In Chains back!!

Staley (R.I.P)
03.11.2009 - 07:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Thankfully the album grew on me a little. It's good driving music.
28.11.2009 - 09:14
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I dont know I just dont feel Layne can be replaced, although the music is good on "Black gives way to Blue" (the albums nothing special) that feeling, that voice just isn't there. ( as Mike Starr said Layne is "Alice") Alice is missing. I think they should have just gone on, them three, without Duvall, or should have called back Mike Starr, but apparently he thinks the same as me, They just shouldn´t continue without Layne, at least under the name. Ultimately its their band so I guess they can do whatever they want
01.01.2010 - 02:06
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.03.2009 at 21:00

They have a great, solid sound that rocks!
I like their debut best. Jerry Cantrell comes up with great riffs

Jerry Cantrell i enjoyed his solo albums so much
12.03.2010 - 15:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Listening right now to "Rain When I Die", great great song. very relaxing music for the most part imo. though it's weird, they sometimes do this thing: good build-up, and then, just as you expect the song to kick into epic metal mode, BOOM!! instead of a crushingly epic guitar chord, a weird wah-drenched guitar melody

though i guess listening to a few other songs by them, they're not one of your typical rock/whatever they play- bands.
14.04.2013 - 02:35
The Turbanator
Latest album "Black Gives Way To Blue" is full on sludgy. Not saying it's bad though. Kinda like it somehow. Still nothing on Dirt and Alice In Chains.

Lets see how the new album will sound like.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
18.04.2013 - 16:18
Jtbmetal123
The new album will kickass. Honestly, I think Hollow is really heavy.
08.06.2013 - 07:31
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 18.04.2013 at 16:18

I think you have been vindicated. The new album does kickass. I'm not sure I rate it as highly as the previous album but it's close. Love the track "Phantom Limb" - I think that is one of the best songs they've ever written.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
08.06.2013 - 15:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ace Frawley on 08.06.2013 at 07:31

Written by Jtbmetal123 on 18.04.2013 at 16:18

I think you have been vindicated. The new album does kickass. I'm not sure I rate it as highly as the previous album but it's close. Love the track "Phantom Limb" - I think that is one of the best songs they've ever written.

one of rare bands where nev vocalist can replace old one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2013 - 15:12
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
The new album is pretty awesome. I love the bass tone on Stone, man, that's so ball crushingly heavy!
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
17.02.2020 - 11:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell has confirmed that he is working on a new solo album. The upcoming effort will mark his first full-length release since "Degradation Trip", the epic solo album he made in 2002 with future METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo and FAITH NO MORE drummer Mike Bordin.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice-in-chains-jerry-cantrell-is-working-on-new-solo-record/
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing