05. Black Arcana
06. Monarch
07. Into The Grey
08. Immortelle
09. Eventide

Additional info
Mixed and mastered by Dan Swanö.
Produced and engineered by Vlad Khavin.
Drums produced and engineered by Len Carmichael.
Additional Production by Vikram Shankar.

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 42 users
29.05.2023 - 22:32
bardberic
Account deleted
They're very riff-oriented, compared to other symphonic metal acts - in this regard, I actually think a better comparison may be made to Symphony X than with Epica, despite what they sound like on the surface level.

It's a breath of fresh air in the realm of symphonic metal, as it's honest-to-god power metal supported by heavy use of symphonic structures, rather than the other way around. Overall it's an excellent debut within this over-saturated and stagnant genre, and quite frankly one of the GOATs of symphonic metal, despite being so new!
29.05.2023 - 23:09
JoHn Doe
It's funny and kinda weird how American musicians are now imitating European symphonic metal/power metal.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
02.06.2023 - 05:38
bardberic
Account deleted
Well as I just stated, they're more comparable to Symphony X than to Nightwish, so I mean...
02.06.2023 - 09:38
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 02.06.2023 at 05:38

Well as I just stated, they're more comparable to Symphony X than to Nightwish, so I mean...

If that is the case, I'll give them a chance.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
02.06.2023 - 20:55
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 02.06.2023 at 05:38

Very sympho-euro-power sounding.

But I've heard my share of European bands that sound like something an American band would have done, eh, what can you do...
----
02.06.2023 - 23:31
bardberic
Account deleted
Symphony X themselves are sympho-euro-power sounding lmao (hello, they're called SYMPHONY X - it's in the name)

In any case, I don't see the problem with it. Metal is a global genre

Also, there's a bit of US power metal in their sound, I don't think it's purebred EU power metal; at points they're a little more abrasive than what is typical of EU power metal. The song Black Aracana comes to mind for this. You're telling me you don't hear at least a little bit of Queensryche in that song?
02.06.2023 - 23:58
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 02.06.2023 at 23:31

Symphony X themselves are sympho-euro-power sounding lmao (hello, they're called SYMPHONY X - it's in the name)

Also, there's a bit of US power metal in their sound, I don't think it's purebred EU power metal; at points they're a little more abrasive than what is typical of EU power metal. The song Black Aracana comes to mind for this. You're telling me you don't hear at least a little bit of Queensryche in that song?

What is purebred European power metal?

No, I don't hear US Power in their music.
----
03.06.2023 - 13:15
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 03.06.2023 at 13:10

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.06.2023 at 23:58

Written by Guest on 02.06.2023 at 23:31

What is purebred European power metal?

No, I don't hear US Power in their music.

There isn't even much Symphony X in here to begin with. It's mostly euro styled power/symphonic metal that doesn't fall into pure sympho with power elements territory (like Within Temptation or Epica) or keyboard-driven power metal with ocassional orchestral moments (like Stratovarius). Symphonic X for the most part is a streamlined prog metal with loads of Malmsteen style neoclassical shredding, shortening, nothing you will find in here. As I said Nightwish and Dark Moor, or even stuff like Angra or Rhapsody, are much better stylistical reference point to this.

Good points, I could not have said it better.
----

Hits total: 777 | This month: 10