12. Inamorata

The Biggest Letdown Of 2023

Additional info
Recorded at HQ, San Rafael, California.
Mastered at Gateway Mastering.

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Next time, Metallica, please just pick your 40 favorite seasons and call it a day right there.

Read more ››
published 24.04.2023 | Comments (19)

Found in 36 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 153   Visited by: 1199 users
28.11.2022 - 17:31
Rating: 6
VileVick-Bryant
Wow new album huh, wonder what the reaction to this will be.
28.11.2022 - 17:41
Rating: 5
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
First song released:
28.11.2022 - 17:45
Nejde
CommunityManager
Only a seven year gap this time. Expectations are low.
28.11.2022 - 17:47
Rating: 7
JoHn Doe
^ Not bad at all. I liked the song.
That album cover is no good for me, that yellow is heavy on the eye...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
28.11.2022 - 19:04
Ruisdier
Album cover sucks, song sounds kind of promising...
----
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7014
AOTY 2022
28.11.2022 - 19:13
nikarg
Staff
Dripping 80s sweat. Fuck yeah, kill 'em all.

The cover art is atrocious. The biggest metal band in the world cannot get a decent album cover
28.11.2022 - 19:20
JoHn Doe
Written by nikarg on 28.11.2022 at 19:13

The cover art is atrocious. The biggest metal band in the world cannot get a decent album cover

all their album covers since the 80s more or less sucked.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
28.11.2022 - 19:27
nikarg
Staff
Written by JoHn Doe on 28.11.2022 at 19:20

all their album covers since the 80s more or less sucked.

Very true.
28.11.2022 - 21:18
VileVick-Bryant
I guess they should of took tips from Ruoska if they wanted a cooler yellow album cover. Or maybe they should of went with purple instead. tehe
28.11.2022 - 21:24
musclassia
Staff
Agreed with the above concerning the artwork, it is absolute dross.

As for the song, it's less a thrash song and more a fast rocker, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; perhaps some of that well-known influence from classic Mercyful Fate coming through? Compared with the Hardwired record, I prefer the Hardwired title track and the upper half of that album's material (disc 1 + Spit Out The Bone), but Lux Aeterna is at least better than the dross that plagued most of disc 2.
29.11.2022 - 04:37
Rating: 8
pope.88
Where the hell is The Unforgiven IV?!
29.11.2022 - 05:39
Eternal Light released the day after Thomas Jefferson's birthday. Freemasonry at work and play.
----
Live, Die, Rise, Revenge, Repeat.
30.11.2022 - 07:14
24emd
Theory Snob
Actually to be honest, I can see this either winning biggest surprise or biggest letdown of 2023
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
30.11.2022 - 10:03
Zap

And the biggest metal band in the world has struggled to get a decent drum sound for two decades
30.11.2022 - 11:24
Rating: 3
rashaverak
They did music they wanted in Load and Reload and got a (s)hitstorm and ever since everything they do feels forced to make the fans happy. I preffer Load and Reload than all these forced trash-like returns to the beginning. At least Load and Reload felt honest.
The cover is absolutely amazing, something that make the metal ancient community hate it must be great.
30.11.2022 - 11:43
JoHn Doe
Written by rashaverak on 30.11.2022 at 11:24

They did music they wanted in Load and Reload and got a (s)hitstorm and ever since everything they do feels forced to make the fans happy. I preffer Load and Reload than all these forced trash-like returns to the beginning. At least Load and Reload felt honest.
The cover is absolutely amazing, something that make the metal ancient community hate it must be great.

Load and ReLoad felt honest?! Not sure about that. The 90s were tough on bands starting in the 80s. Examples are countless and Metallica is one such example. The band was unrecognizable TBH which shocked a lot of listeners and fans. The album was too long and too uneven (IMO ReLoad was slightly better). They did dive in the sounds of the time.

Maybe this song is fan service, I don't object to that, but I still like it, I do not think it's forced.
----
30.11.2022 - 21:53

It seems to be some type of Luciferian concept or design, the color yellow representing the light of the Light Eternal. Yellow rooms are said to be the worst color to paint a baby's room because its the hardest color to be taken in by the eye, hence why the crib is broken and blackened, since something has apparently been dying to escape. The track listing is telling, plus the broken crib and the blackened toys, seems to be alluding to the birth of a Son of Darkness. You could go full Da Vinci code on this album without even listening to it. Also its sets to release the day after Thomas Jefferson's birthday, which scream Masonic Mystery Cult.
Its sure, what's that forbidden c-word? Curious.
----
Live, Die, Rise, Revenge, Repeat.
30.11.2022 - 22:39
JoHn Doe
Written by ThunderousWolf on 30.11.2022 at 21:53

It seems to be some type of Luciferian concept or design, the color yellow representing the light of the Light Eternal. Yellow rooms are said to be the worst color to paint a baby's room because its the hardest color to be taken in by the eye, hence why the crib is broken and blackened, since something has apparently been dying to escape. The track listing is telling, plus the broken crib and the blackened toys, seems to be alluding to the birth of a Son of Darkness. You could go full Da Vinci code on this album without even listening to it. Also its sets to release the day after Thomas Jefferson's birthday, which scream Masonic Mystery Cult.
Its sure, what's that forbidden c-word? Curious.

I smell a troll!
----
01.12.2022 - 02:25
pthread
Written by Zap on 30.11.2022 at 10:03

And the biggest metal band in the world has struggled to get a decent drum sound for two decades

To call it a metal band amounts to buying in to a forgery. The biggest, an even bolder claim, not anymore for over 30 years. Commercial rock disguised as an aging metal band. Bills must be paid, hence an album and a rip-off tour.
01.12.2022 - 18:16
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite

The cover art is great. It conveys the overall message of the album, as depicted by James Hetfield. The longer I study it, the more I like it.

About the album... Last time I really liked a Metallica album was in the 1990's, so I'm not holding my breath for this one. I expect a few decent-to-good songs, but not much more. Also, they're still suffering from composers' diarrhea - overlong songs that need serious trimming. I guess when a band is that big, there is no way anyone can tell them in the studio to get out the fucking shears.
01.12.2022 - 18:19
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by rashaverak on 30.11.2022 at 11:24

Wiser words have never been said about Metallica in the last 20+ years. That's why the last album I really liked was Load.
01.12.2022 - 18:24
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by JoHn Doe on 30.11.2022 at 11:43

Load and ReLoad felt honest?!

Yes they did. Having achieved the uppermost echelons of fame and wealth with the black album, they played what they wanted. To a better or worse end of course (especially Reload is quite dodgy a lot of the time), but you can hear that they are exploring a lot of new ground. It was kind of similar with St. Anger approach-wise, but that album was a disaster of course.
01.12.2022 - 18:51
JoHn Doe
Written by Daniell on 01.12.2022 at 18:24

Written by JoHn Doe on 30.11.2022 at 11:43

Load and ReLoad felt honest?!

Yes they did. Having achieved the uppermost echelons of fame and wealth with the black album, they played what they wanted. To a better or worse end of course (especially Reload is quite dodgy a lot of the time), but you can hear that they are exploring a lot of new ground. It was kind of similar with St. Anger approach-wise, but that album was a disaster of course.

I explained why I disagreed, at least I tried, why not point out what was wrong with what I said in that whole post.
Yes, its true they tried new things, it's a good thing, no doubt, but both Load and ReLoad were uneven, not knowing how to trim the fat started here, with these two albums (I guess).
----
02.12.2022 - 10:26
gavdann
Written by JoHn Doe on 01.12.2022 at 18:51

I explained why I disagreed, at least I tried, why not point out what was wrong with what I said in that whole post.
Yes, its true they tried new things, it's a good thing, no doubt, but both Load and ReLoad were uneven, not knowing how to trim the fat started here, with these two albums (I guess).

Same may argue there was quite a bit of fat on the Black album too.
02.12.2022 - 10:43
JoHn Doe
Written by gavdann on 02.12.2022 at 10:26

The black album is not that long, an hour barely, it's not a chore to listen too, and although it was a disappointment for many when it came out, myself included, it's still an enjoyable listen, without having to skip any songs (unlike the Load/Reload).
----
02.12.2022 - 11:56
gavdann
Written by JoHn Doe on 02.12.2022 at 10:43

Written by gavdann on 02.12.2022 at 10:26

The black album is not that long, an hour barely, it's not a chore to listen too, and although it was a disappointment for many when it came out, myself included, it's still an enjoyable listen, without having to skip any songs (unlike the Load/Reload).

62 minutes for 12 tracks is a long album in my book and the second half is a chore to get through IMO. I can't actually remember the last time I played it though, whereas I still play the first 4 quite regularly.
02.12.2022 - 12:13
JoHn Doe
Written by gavdann on 02.12.2022 at 11:56

62 minutes for 12 tracks is a long album in my book and the second half is a chore to get through IMO. I can't actually remember the last time I played it though, whereas I still play the first 4 quite regularly.

The second half is even more listenable these days than the first half which had the big hits.
Of Wolf & Man, The God that Failed and My Friend of Misery are all excellent and Through the Never is quite fun.

62 minutes is not long for me. Also I say album length does not matter, most important thing is that the album needs to have a nice flow.
That's why I'd rather listen to an album that all songs are good and I don't have to skip any songs than an album that has a few great songs and the rest are just average or even worse mediocre.
----
03.12.2022 - 00:46
Archie 666
F*** this stupid cover in the ass.
07.12.2022 - 12:04
devilstoy
Why people are focusing on the cover I have no idea. So long as music rocks it can be the shittest cover ever
07.12.2022 - 13:21
JoHn Doe
Written by devilstoy on 07.12.2022 at 12:04

Why people are focusing on the cover I have no idea. So long as music rocks it can be the shittest cover ever

true, but in the end nobody likes to look at an ugly album cover.
----

Hits total: 24214 | This month: 177