01. Sunday Heat [feat. Nicolas Draps & Astrid Buol]
02. Satellites
03. Spore [feat. Eerik Maurage, Frank Oliver James & Tom Germain]
04. Magnets
05. The Amensal Rise [feat. Shachar Bieber, Nicolas Draps & Astrid Buol]
06. Towards The Core
07. The Commensal Fall

Additional info
Produced by Julien Huyssens, André Six and Romain Jeuniaux.
Mixed by Julien Huyssens.
Mastered by Tony Lindgren.
Artwork by Bramhastra.

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
Omnerod’s eclectic prog sound has been exuberant right from the start, but time has added polish to their production and maturity to their songwriting. By album number 3, the Belgians have already evolved into a full-fledged beast.

Read more ››
published 24.05.2023 | Comments (9)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 215 users
30.03.2023 - 21:38
Rating: 10
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
This is going to be incredible. I don't care if my hype burns me in the end.
10.05.2023 - 18:54
Rating: 9
skeksis25
Waiting this. This banda Is very underrated
----
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7023
12.05.2023 - 09:08
24emd
Theory Snob
Friggin insane.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
12.05.2023 - 18:51
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
This is like a mad marriage between David Maxim Micic Devin Townsend and Disillusion. I hardly say this, but I think this might be one of those rare albums for me that require repeated listens to really appreciate every detail. What a release.
16.05.2023 - 02:18
Vellichor
Incredible album, I need more listens but so far I love it
16.05.2023 - 07:38
Rating: 7
Anghellic67
This is pretty versatile. I like many little details.
16.05.2023 - 11:14
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Very good album, interesting songwriting and flows exceedingly well.
29.05.2023 - 01:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The cover art lured me in and the music convinced me to stay. Fascinating stuff. Unpredictable, yet cohesive. Not an "every day" kind of album.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.09.2023 - 07:51
tintinb
This was such a difficult album to get into. This could very well be my progressive AOTY.
----
Leeches everywhere.
22.12.2023 - 10:37
qnick90
As guys there said before me - a quite hard to get into and I would say a little bit tiresome to listen the whole thing in one sitting, considering lenght and complexity. At first listen I had issue with: "welp, there is a Devin Townsend/Leprous ripoff right there", but the more I listendened to it, the more I realized, that yes, a very clear inspiration/form off mentioned bands is there, BUT, provided complexity and composition makes this much, much more than a simple copy. I had similiar issue with Wilderun's Epigone first few listens and it took a while until I finally "understood it"... Hell, even while listening to the allmighty Opeth you can say " Morbid angel/Camel riff stolen here!" And you would not be wrong... Nevertheless a clear AOTY for me.
06.02.2024 - 23:59
Halyna
Godtier album, on par with Bilateral by Leprous (there's no bigger praise in my world)
On first listen Sunday Heat and Towards The Core instantly captured my heart, plus title track and closer. A couple of more listens made me fall in love with Spore and Magnets. With Satellites it was a long way, but now I can't for the life of me understand how I could have not loved this track on first listen. I'm at the point where the length of the album is not an issue because I adore every second of it!!
So please, give this gem close and repeated attention because no matter what an experienced listener you are - one listen isn't enough to appreciate everything that's going on in this masterpiece of a record!

Hits total: 2271 | This month: 37