Original news, posted on 23.02.2010

Official press release

Norwegian black metallers 1349 have announced the title and release date of their new album. The album, entitled Demonoir, will be released by Indie Recordings throughout Europe on April 26, and by Prosthetic Records in North America on April 27.

For the band's fifth full-length release, 1349 decided to suck out the fiercest and most potent energies from every single member and surroundings, channeling it into songs that are pulsating with uncanny atmospheres, rawness and nerve shattering intensity. The whole process of getting the material on record was like one long, exhausting black magic summoning that could not be allowed to go wrong.

Demonoir is without a shadow of a doubt 1349's darkest, most sinister and brutal work to date, and in this case it comes to mean that the band has gone from the utterly extreme to the genre-expanding and mind-boggling. Black Metal cannot, and will never be the same.

Demonoir will be available in North America as a digipack CD and a limited edition 12" picture disc LP.

UPDATE

Norwegian metallers 1349 will release their forthcoming album, Demonoir, on April 26 in Europe via Indie Recordings and one day later in North America through Prosthetic Records.

Demonoir [cover art] tracklist:

13. Tunnel VII

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: 1349

Posted: 03.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments

LeChron James - 23.02.2010 at 21:49
As long as the "uncanny atmospheres, rawness and nerve shattering intensity" goes along with the speed of old 1349, im totally down.

but if it's another auditory abortion like Revelations... was, then fuck it.

the "tunnels" are distressing me.
Lord Hellbender - 23.02.2010 at 21:55
A new album? Nice!
Maaaan Revelation sucked so much so this time they must have made a brilliant work!
Got Mayhem? - 24.02.2010 at 00:03
Every time this band mentions the word 'atmosphere' I cringe. Please, just play fast. Very fast.
Troy Killjoy - 24.02.2010 at 00:25
For sure, speed is the name of the game here. Focusing on any other musical aspect is almost completely counter-productive as they have proven their inability at creating "atmosphere" as they call it.

Play it fast. Keep it raw.
SatyriconChick - 24.02.2010 at 00:44
Sweet, I like the title.
Baz Anderson - 24.02.2010 at 00:57
"most sinister and brutal work to date" - I like "brutal"...
White Winter Sun - 24.02.2010 at 01:16
I hope that Demonoir will be better than Revelations Of The Black Flame, a thing which should not be not so difficult...
JotunSmeden - 24.02.2010 at 13:38
Revelations Of The Black Flame was a "haste" project. becuse of the contract with the previus record company. i Know that Demonoir will be a combination with Hellfire and Beyond the Apocalypse.
So i'm very exited with this ^^
Baz Anderson - 03.03.2010 at 23:58
Wonder what all these "Tunnel" songs are like...
Troy Killjoy - 04.03.2010 at 00:33
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.03.2010 at 23:58

Wonder what all these "Tunnel" songs are like...

I bet they're 1-2 minute instrumental/ambient tracks that act as complete filler.
Baz Anderson - 04.03.2010 at 00:42
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.03.2010 at 00:33

Yeh, I was thinking similar.
Still, I will trust that the band will release something great...
Jiri - 04.03.2010 at 01:44
The cover art sucks. I'm afraid. Tunnels.
Slyfang - 04.03.2010 at 02:38
I can't believe you commenters here, you're all like "i only want speed. i hate everything else. don't try anything different 1349, just play fast"

oh and i think they should ditch the evil panda facepaint.. it just gets stupider and more childish every time i see it. and they don't do it well anyway
Nexus - 04.03.2010 at 05:27
Written by LeChron James on 23.02.2010 at 21:49

the "tunnels" are distressing me.

Me too man. Me too.
The DungonMaster - 04.03.2010 at 08:37
Personally I liked their last album. Some good atmosphere is always welcome in black metal. The fact that they are book ending the songs with "tunnels" is kind of cool. But the new album needs to step up on the rage and brutality...from the last release. I think that is what we are about to get.
Lord_Regnier - 06.03.2010 at 16:47
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.02.2010 at 00:25

You mention the exact reason why I never liked 1349: it never had any atmosphere.
I hate the production on their albums. It's utterly emotionless and leaves me completely indifferent.
It's just insanely fast but it's the only quality their music has.

N.B. I'm talking of all their albums except the last. I never checked it because everyone think it sucks and because nothing the band ever did pleased me.

I understand those who are saying "play fast". It's the only thing they can do rightly.
Troy Killjoy - 06.03.2010 at 16:55
Written by Lord_Regnier on 06.03.2010 at 16:47

We finally agree on something! .

I'm not a big fan of the band; in fact I'm not entirely sold on the entire genre itself despite it being my favorite a few years ago. But 1349 (for me) are a band that need to play with that speed and chaos, else it comes off as a weak album (or at least that's the case for Revelations...). One of the few bands I can honestly say that about, because I love atmospheric black metal, not to mention the more extreme styles of doom and suicidal/depressive black metal...

News Tristania - Announce New Album Title, Cover And Date 8.5 25.03.2013 by Dark†SymphonY
News Graveyard - Announce New Album Title And Set Release Date 8.5 01.08.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Enslaved - Announce New Album Title And Release Date 8.5 15.07.2010 by EpicMayhem
News Ghost Brigade - Announce New Album Title And Release Date 8.5 20.08.2014 by INÆRIS
News Dark Moor - Announce New Album Title And Cover Artwork 7 11.04.2013 by The Warrior