"Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel", a brand-new track from Swedish extreme metallers Shining, has been made available for streaming over at Soundcloud.

"Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel" comes off the band's upcoming new album VII - Född Förlorare (trans: Born Loser), which will be released on May 25th through Spinefarm Records. More album details were previously reported over here.

A song-by-song by Shining frontman Niklas Kvarforth can be read at this location.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Shining

Posted: 07.04.2011 by BudDa

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 07.04.2011 at 15:27
Song-by-song didn't really provide anything aside from who's guesting where, but I'm interested in the piano/mellotron track "I Nattens Timma", although I can't recall what Arcana's vocalist sounds like so I don't know what to expect there.

Only about two months away... I wonder if Kvarforth will continue with the progressive style of VI or if he has plans to continue in a slightly different direction. I know he said VII will be a natural progression and whatnot, but musicians say an awful lot about their latest albums...
Ragana - 07.04.2011 at 15:38
Well, although the song does not make me feel like it was about being a loser... but I like it.
DevilishSong - 07.04.2011 at 17:54
This is a good one but nothing especial ...
Mr. Doctor - 07.04.2011 at 17:55
Written by Ragana on 07.04.2011 at 15:38

I actually felt the clean vocals were very loser-like... Kinda like the bum singing on the street.
It was really refreshing, is it Kvarforth singing? Because I can't believe it is him, really bueatiful vocals.
The ending was kind of meh though.

Overall: The clean singing was the best part of the song, I want more of that singing but the rest was just ok/good. I will expect more.
Ragana - 07.04.2011 at 18:39
Written by Mr. Doctor on 07.04.2011 at 17:55

Written by Ragana on 07.04.2011 at 15:38

XD
idk, I expected something different, I guess... maybe because of the (translated) song name (it really means something to me). But I see that there's another translation and I think 'Despair, My Heritage' fits better.
Mr. Doctor - 07.04.2011 at 20:48
Written by Ragana on 07.04.2011 at 18:39

Well, "'Despair, My Heritage" IS the title of the song, and I guess if a name really has to mean something is the title of the song. You hAve to listen to the entire album before saying soemthing about the album title if it means anything to you.

So I take the guess that you were just confussing the title of the song to the album.
Ragana - 07.04.2011 at 21:58
Written by Mr. Doctor on 07.04.2011 at 20:48

Oh... crap. I did it again. Lately I pay so less attention to things that something like this just happens naturally. So... uh... never mind.
DahliaRock - 09.04.2011 at 16:22
I have been a huge fan on IV and V, kinda got bored at VI (except the last track).. and now this.. this sounds waaay too similar to the old stuff, and I hope that Shining can step beyond their current mold.. It needs to be worth the wait
TheBigRossowski - 10.04.2011 at 09:42
Sounds like the same lyrics to a previous Shining song at a few points. A relation to "Lat Oss Ta Allt Fran Varanda" perhaps. I'll have to check that out again when the album comes out.
Butcheer - 17.05.2011 at 03:00
Fantastic album

News Shining - New Cover Song Streaming Online 9 04.05.2012 by reinka0s
News Shining (NOR) - New Album To See North American Release, New Song Online 7 05.04.2013 by Ivor
News Broken Hope - Another New Song Streaming Online 5.5 14.09.2013 by psykometal
News Extol - New Album Details Revealed, New Song Online 5.5 23.04.2013 by Joodicator
News Secret Sphere - Another New Song Streaming Online 5.5 12.11.2012 by Felezion