Last week Ozzy Osbourne stopped by the Rolling Stone offices to discuss his new album "Scream", his forthcoming world tour, the death of Ronnie James Dio and the possibility of a BLACK SABBATH reunion. "I love those guys — Bill [Ward, drums], Tony [Iommi, guitar] and Geezer [Butler, bass]," he told Rolling Stone about a possible return to SABBATH. "I never say never anymore because you never know what's going to come around."

"I'm willing," Osbourne added. "But there are three other guys as well. It goes backwards and forwards. One day this, one day that. I'm up for it. But we'll see. If it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

Osbourne did admit that the prospect of the reunion is a little daunting. "The pressure of doing a new Black Sabbath album is enormous, and for it to be as good as what we did back then," he said. "It's been 30 years since we actually sat down and tried to write together, and we've all changed so much. I know I have."

Osbourne told VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner last week that the chances of another reunion of the original Black Sabbath seem more remote with each passing day. Ozzy explained, "To be honest, I don't think we all can physically do it. I'm up for it, I keep fit every day. I can't speak for the others. I mean, I've spoken to Tony Iommi, I speak to Bill from time to time. I haven't spoken to Geezer for a while, but if it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

Butler recently released a statement via his official web site in which he made it clear that "there will be definitely NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour."

Although Ozzy and Iommi had some legal issues in recent years over the use of the Black Sabbath name, that was all settled in 2010. Ozzy told The Pulse Of Radio at the time that he was still open to the idea of a reunion. "Well, I never say never," he said. "I mean, I've got a few ideas, but we'll see what happens, you know. We did try and do another album, but we've all changed so much and it's — if you don't do an album that blows the doors off the last one that we did together, then it's gonna be looked upon as a joke, you know."

The original Sabbath lineup has not toured together since the summer of 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

The group did try to record a new album 11 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.

Iommi and Butler toured and recorded from 2007 to 2010 with latter-day Sabbath singer Ronnie James Dio and drummer Vinny Appice under the name Heaven & Hell, until Dio's death last May from stomach cancer.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne

Posted: 07.05.2011 by ravendeath

Comments

Jiri - 07.05.2011 at 04:39
Who cares? They are all 70 years old anyway...
ravendeath - 07.05.2011 at 04:52
Written by Jiri on 07.05.2011 at 04:39

Who cares? They are all 70 years old anyway...

Hey! Even if they are 100 years old, I believe (if they are sill alive and well) that they can still produce a memorable album. Just listen to the "Scream" album and I think if Ozzy alone did such an album, what can he do with other guys...
The Voyager - 07.05.2011 at 05:30
Written by ravendeath on 07.05.2011 at 04:52

Written by Jiri on 07.05.2011 at 04:39

Who cares? They are all 70 years old anyway...

It's my belief (and again, keyword is belief) that you are not helping your case by referring to that album.
Dark Seraphim - 07.05.2011 at 05:38
I hate to say this but i think it will be a bad idea. Black Sabbath were great with Ozzy but I cannot see them recreating that. As long as Sharon has her hooks in Ozzy it will never be Black Sabbath, it will be Ozzy with Black Sabbath. Thats not the same. I would hope that Sabbath would be remembered for the great things they have done and if they continue then they should use Tony Martin. The Ozzy thing is long gone. Please don't become a gimmick.
Troy Killjoy - 07.05.2011 at 06:14
Written by The Voyager on 07.05.2011 at 05:30

Written by ravendeath on 07.05.2011 at 04:52

Well played.
bloodwrage - 07.05.2011 at 07:50
This is actually his back-up plan. His duet album with Justin Bieber didn't work out.
LeChron James - 07.05.2011 at 07:53
The original Black Sabbath lineup is old, but as long as they don't turn into the Rolling Stones (gross, disfigured caricatures of the human form), I'm all for them reconvening.
Void Eater - 07.05.2011 at 08:21
No, not that cuntsack Ozzwald, reunite with Tony Martin! He's the best option, with Dio being, you know, dead.
K†ulu - 07.05.2011 at 11:19
Errrm, grammar comment. Could someone please change the title: one doesn't discuss about something; one discusses something as seen in the very first sentence. thanks
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 07.05.2011 at 14:23
I'm very skeptical. But everybody is. Still, I'm in more favour of having Tony Martin (Hell, possibly even Ian Gillian) then of Ozzy for the same reasons that have already been told.
Lit. - 07.05.2011 at 20:22
The Tony Martin years absolutely sucked! I'm all for a reunion with the original lineup.
I missed my chance seeing Heaven and Hell, maybe I can still see this.

People don't sound as excited as I thought they would. Come on, people. It's fucking Black Sabbath!
The Shape 1973 - 08.05.2011 at 17:58
Black Sabbath reunions need to be put to sleep. Tony will never work with Ozzy because of the law suit. Ozzy is a media whore directed by the most evil person outside of Pakistan, Osharon Bin OsLaden.

The real reunion people wanted to see has already happened, Heaven And Hell. RJD can not be easily replaced. If Sabbath is to continue I would like them to start a new legacy with an unknown singer, not dig up a slurring vegetable who needs to be jump started every morning.

Both of the Ozzy interviews, 2011 and 2010, he says the same thing, "never say never". Well I would like to say never, go back to your family, you are not relevant anymore.
RavenKing - 12.05.2011 at 21:30
Looks like the old has-been is in desperate need of money to pay his debt towards the government. God I hate those old dinosaurs who don't know when it's time to call a quit. Pathetic until the end.
Void Eater - 14.05.2011 at 08:30
Written by RavenKing on 12.05.2011 at 21:30

Reffering to Ozzy or Sabbath in general? Because the rest of Sabbath still has it, as they proved on The Devil You Know.

News The Osbournes vs. Massive IRS Tax Lien 7.5 12.04.2011 by Neuroku
News Ozzy Osbourne - Takes Legal Action Against Tony Iommi 7 30.05.2009 by Elio
News Black Sabbath - No Reunion In The Works 7 14.02.2011 by
News Black Sabbath - Bill Ward Out Of The Reunion 7 03.02.2012 by Lit.
News Black Sabbath - N. American Shows Announced, Ozzy Admits Relapse 5.5 16.04.2013 by cossaisVendeurs