A sample from the song "Valentine" from German symphonic metallers Xandria is now available online and you can listen to it on the video below. The song comes off the band's upcoming album Neverworld's End, scheduled for a February 22nd release via Napalm Records. Samples from the whole album can also be streamed at Amazon. The album features Manuela Kraller, the new operatic vocalist seeking to replace Lisa Middelhauve. More album details here.

The band posted on their Facebook page: "Dear friends and fans! The long wait has an end. We can finally and officially announce "Valentine" to be our first single, taken from our upcoming album Neverworld's End. Please have a look at this little trailer we did for you, telling you where you can watch the videoclip's premiere. Have a look at some first images off of the clip and get to know where to check the video! Ah, almost forgotten, but needless to say: the premiere will take place on no other day but Valentine's Day (Feb 14th)!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Xandria

Posted: 02.02.2012 by Fred

Comments

Justicelust - 02.02.2012 at 13:00
I expected to be much much better!! if the other songs sound like this, then it's a disappointment
tschaby - 02.02.2012 at 13:47
Sounds like Nightwish on Oceanborn or Wishmaster.
annodomini - 02.02.2012 at 14:30
I see this as a comeback to India times and it pleases me enough. And, yes many will find this as a copy of Oceanborn sound, as a comeback to old gothic metal sound... But is it bad? I mean, ok, they are ripping Nightwish sound off, but if the songwriting and performance are the best level, so who cares? Judging from everything, that is on youtube, from the upcoming album, this could be an outstanding album.
mariano - 02.02.2012 at 15:51
Written by annodomini on 02.02.2012 at 14:30

Can't agree more on that.
The song reminds me to "End of All Hope". It's like the old Nightwish had reincarnated in Xandria -and to be honest, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I thought Xandria would come back with the same sound of most of the symphonic bands nowadays, but they actually seem to be filling the void Nightwish left and if you ask me, I'd say finally someone has the balls to do it.
athena - 02.02.2012 at 16:44
Yep. Nightwish. Even the cover art looks like a Nightwish album???
SceneryOfLoss - 02.02.2012 at 18:21
I actually think they are ripping off Nightwish. There's still some Xandria's elements, especially from "India".
Let's see if it'll have quality or not.
Dark†SymphonY - 02.02.2012 at 20:34
Before looking at the comments I immediately thought of Nightwish. Glad Xandria are back, new song is really epic but yes TOOOO much Nightwish sounding.
4look4rd - 02.02.2012 at 22:21
Wow =O I don't know what to say.

I've always liked Xandria but to me they fell in the "meh" category of female-fronted symphonic metal. But this changes everything. It may not be original, but its fresh. This sounds a lot like Oceanborn which has always been my favorite Nightwish album, so I'm extremely excited to listen to the whole thing.

Bravo!
ChampionOfPower - 03.02.2012 at 00:59
It's good, nothing I haven't heard before though. As others have stated, obvious Nightwish sound, from the drumming, keyboard work all the way to the vocals. I can see myself purchasing this album at some point though, if I find it for the right price.
Stabby - 03.02.2012 at 10:08
What else is there to say about this? It screams Nightwish, and does a good job of it. Considering that Nightwish no longer sound like this, I approve. Will be checking this out.
The Shape 1973 - 05.02.2012 at 14:06
Tarja comes back to Nightwish.

Sorry, my mistake. Thought it was this
Spacerunner - 10.02.2012 at 16:27
Xandria meets Oceanborn, but who cares? We had nothing close to those albums for last 10 years. I want new really good album in this style. And hopefully it would be the one.

News Darkane - New Album Samples And Studio Diary Online 8.5 27.06.2013 by Kuroboshi
News Death SS - New Video Online And Album On The Way 8.5 22.12.2012 by I_Die_Often
News Saxon - Details And Samples From New Album Online 8.5 12.02.2007 by EvillSpell
News Europe - To Release New Single, Video And Samples Online 8.5 07.06.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Vildhjarta - New Album Streaming Online And New Video Released 8.5 22.11.2011 by Moose