US symphonic power metallers Kamelot have signed a new deal with Steamhammer/SPV. The new album will be released in September and the band's new vocalist will be announced at the end of June.

Official Steamhammer/SPV press release:

It's a perfect coup: Kamelot, one of the most charismatic and distinguished metal bands worldwide have returned to the Steamhammer/SPV fold for a worldwide deal except Japan. The group surrounding guitarist and composer Thomas Youngblood is currently working on the drum recordings with renowned sound engineer Jim Morris at the Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida, before work on the album is due to be completed at Wolfsburg's Gate studios under the direction of producer Sascha Paeth (Edguy, Avantasia, Rhapsody). The title of Kamelot's current release will be announced at the end of June, together with the name of their new vocalist. However, according to Youngblood, one thing is certain: "Our fans can really look forward to our new record, because it represents Kamelot in every way!"

Youngblood on the style and content of the concept album: "The new songs sound more symphonic and melodic than our last two studio recordings. The material brings to mind albums such as Karma (2001) and The Black Halo (2005). In addition, this will be the best production that Kamelot have ever delivered. Because while other acts tend to opt for low-budget productions due to the difficult market situation, we have gone the opposite way: the new album will be a real statement, in terms of our compositions as well as in terms of our sound."

The eagerly awaited album has been scheduled for release on 24 September 2012 (Germany: 21 September 2012; US: 25 September 2012), and Kamelot are set to play a number of festivals (among them Wacken Open Air and Bang Your Head) as early as July and August before embarking on a US tour alongside Nightwish in September/October and a major headliner tour of Europe in November 2012.

"We are more than proud to welcome back one of the best metal bands around here at SPV. From 2005 to 2009 we had already the pleasure to work very successfully with Thomas Youngblood & Co, which we will continue and increase with the new masterpiece coming in September 2012", says Olly Hahn (A&R SPV/Steamhammer), and Thomas Youngblood is obviously happy with the resumption of this extremely successful cooperation: "Our new album marks another step and a new chapter for Kamelot and our amazing fans! We are very pleased to be working again with the entire SPV team on this very exciting release."

Andreas Rennmann of Brinkmann & Partner adds: "I'm absolutely proud to welcome Kamelot back at SPV. We all believe in the fantastic history of the band and are absolutely sure that this upcoming release will be one of the most successful albums!"

Source: spv.de
Band profile: Kamelot

Posted: 26.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Zhao - 26.05.2012 at 13:36
Awesome, let's hear this voice so we can properly flame him for not sounding just like Khan.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.05.2012 at 13:48
And once again a non-news item being presented as news by label and band *sigh*
Troy Killjoy - 26.05.2012 at 13:50
Kamelot and Steamhammer: "Fuck you Japan!"
Angel_Lament - 26.05.2012 at 14:28
I have a really bad feeling about the new vocalist....!!
Kuroboshi - 26.05.2012 at 15:10
Personally I'm not really fond of Kahn, but like their music, so I'm happy.
Jiri - 26.05.2012 at 15:37
"Our fans can really look forward to our new record, because it represents Kamelot in every way!" Every way? Without Khan, it won't represent Kamelot in every way
The Benighted - 26.05.2012 at 17:10
I'm not gonna lie, a Kamelot without Khan just doesn't interest me. He had such a distinct voice that hiring anyone else would be a disservice to their sound.
DelightfulJim - 26.05.2012 at 17:13
My favourite thing about the band was Khan, but I saw some videos with them performing with Fabio from Rhapsody of Fire and he was stunning, so it's not impossible for them to make good music without Khan. In general I just want to see Khan do more stuff, Kamelot or not.
Ornusashas - 26.05.2012 at 18:15
Holy Shit! Raging Boner!
RavenKing - 26.05.2012 at 18:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.05.2012 at 13:48

And once again a non-news item being presented as news by label and band *sigh*

Yeah. As if we give a shit at which band is on which label.
ZGoten - 26.05.2012 at 19:33
Great news. I can't wait for both the album and the new vocalists announcement. I'm pleased to hear that the new record will remind me of Karma.
TemplarLS - 26.05.2012 at 19:48
Written by Angel_Lament on 26.05.2012 at 14:28

I have a really bad feeling about the new vocalist....!!

same here
Tristus Scriptor - 26.05.2012 at 20:16
I really think getting someone with a true and emotive voice of their own, yet similar in range to Roy, would be the best bet. I was hoping for Mike Eriksen. Now, after much thought, I truly believe the best bet would be Alfred Romero. But I just don't think that will happen. (I wonder if this even crossed their minds?)
EmeraldSword - 26.05.2012 at 20:41
If the album reaches a concept theme similar to the black halo I will be stoked. Best of luck to Kamelot. Memento Mori indeed.
strade - 26.05.2012 at 23:01
Hopefully they can bounce back from the rather dismal last effort. That killed an ungodly streak, so I'll try to keep that streak alive in my mind and hope for the best.
Angel_Lament - 27.05.2012 at 02:17
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 26.05.2012 at 20:16

same here, although I Think that Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder) also would fits, as he sounded amazing on the last European tour...
mikeprado30 - 27.05.2012 at 04:50
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 26.05.2012 at 20:16

Alfred would be a very nice option (just I hope it doesn't get him outta Dark Moor, cause for myself it would be a deadly hit...)
The Shape 1973 - 27.05.2012 at 09:19
Sounds like Karma and Black Halo. A return to power metal? I hope so. I heard a rumour that they were getting Annette Olson for the vocals.
pisymbol - 27.05.2012 at 15:04
Written by strade on 26.05.2012 at 23:01

Y'know, bare in mind that with Khan's health issues, I am surprised that album even came out.

Even though Khan was a fantastic vocalist, I do not think he was unique. I have my hopes up.
Dargor - 28.05.2012 at 17:41
Written by The Shape 1973 on 27.05.2012 at 09:19

I heard a rumour that they were getting Annette Olson for the vocals.

I really doubt it, but why not. However, I'd like to know where that rumor comes from.
I guess it would somehow make sense since Kamelot is touring with Nightwish next summer.

But still, people might now agree with me but, I would love to see Tommy Karevik on vocals.
The Shape 1973 - 28.05.2012 at 18:37
Written by Dargor on 28.05.2012 at 17:41

Written by The Shape 1973 on 27.05.2012 at 09:19

I heard a rumour that they were getting Annette Olson for the vocals.

Is there a gullible font?

News Kamelot - Sign With EarMUSIC, New Album Details 9 26.06.2010 by The Shape 1973
News Kamelot - New Album Due In September, S. American Shows 9 19.06.2010 by TimmyPix
News Hirax - Ink Deal With Steamhammer/SPV, New Album Due In September 8.5 09.12.2012 by SBGMetal
News Vreid - Re-Sign With Indie Recordings, New Album In 2013 7 30.10.2012 by JÄY
News ReVamp - New Album Update, Due Out In September 7 09.05.2013 by The Shape 1973