Finnish gothic metallers Dark The Suns have decided to take a break from the band's activities. However, it is not clear how long they plan the hiatus to last.

The band released this statement about it: "After three albums, four singles and almost 100 shows in Finland we have decided to take a break. We thank all our fans all around the world!"

Mikko Ojala, vocalist/guitarist stated: "At this time we have not enough time for the band. That's why we decided to take a break. I want to thank all our fans, stay metal!"

Source: darkthesuns.com
Band profile: Dark The Suns

Posted: 18.06.2012 by Armin

Comments

Ag Fox - 18.06.2012 at 12:53
Damn... I was looking forward to their new output )=
Lit. - 18.06.2012 at 21:44
Who?
Boxcar Willy - 18.06.2012 at 21:48
Written by Lit. on 18.06.2012 at 21:44

Who?

Wasn't going to post, but...

This.
Slayer666 - 18.06.2012 at 22:38
And here I thought I knew most of today's active goth metal bands...
Troy Killjoy - 19.06.2012 at 00:25
I've only listened to their 2009 release but I quite enjoyed it. Not sure the reasons for the band members not having time (whether it be trivial things like work schedules and wanting to spend time with family or more artistic reasons like not having the same enthusiasm for creating music as before) but I don't see this as any kind of great loss to the metal community. :/
BudDa - 20.06.2012 at 15:35
In Darkness Comes Beauty! Damn, that was one repetitive album, which I though love to no end. The rest of their stuff after that just didn't interest me. If they can go on hiatus and come back in a different way, then by all means..I support them

News Dark The Suns - New Album Details 7.5 11.02.2009 by Dark Forever
News Dark The Suns - New Single In August, New Drummer Found 7.5 15.06.2008 by Piro
News Dark The Suns - Keyboardist Leaves The Band 7.5 13.09.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Dark The Suns - Release New Single 7.5 08.12.2011 by Milena
Albums Dark The Suns - Sleepwalking In A Nightmare 6 04.12.2010 by Anjana(SriLanka)