"Ashes", the brand new song from UK legendary progressive band Threshold can be heard below. This single is a radio-edit version while the one that will be featured on the album offers an additional two minutes of play time. "Ashes" comes off the band's new album March Of Progress, which will be available on August 24th via Nuclear Blast. More album details here.

The single can also be downloaded from the band's Nuclear Blast page.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Threshold
Posted: 25.07.2012 by BudDa

DrM - 25.07.2012 at 22:56
First listen impression: Damian's range and depth is much more impressive than Mac's (R.I.P), whereas Mac's high-range was the better of the two. One can tell that Damian is having a bit more trouble with the higher range. With that in mind, I do get the sense that Damian's singing style here is reminiscent to Mac's, rather than his Extinct sound. Extinct didn't grow on me quickly, this did however. The range Damian brings is just what I was lacking in Dead Reckoning.

The musicianship is top notch, as always, no need to elaborate on that naturally

The file's compression ruins it a bit, can't wait for it to come out. Switching to headphones for further awesomeness.
rafroes - 26.07.2012 at 06:39
Sounds good. I like the Damian's voice.

Seems that will be a great album!
Verdun_sc - 26.07.2012 at 06:42
Sounds good. Cloudscape, take note! That's how you write a poppy power prog song without the saccharine bullshit!
BynersA7X - 27.07.2012 at 03:28
shadowdragonfly1 - 27.07.2012 at 08:10
This is awesome, following the same direction of dead reckoning but adapting it to damian's voice. Definitely looking forward to hearing the full album
Dark Blood - 31.07.2012 at 03:55
I just noticed this is a "radio edit" song. I wonder if it's one of those epic 9 minute songs. Would be nice since I love long songs, and despite being somewhat reticent about Damian's return, I really like this one. Really hoping to enjoy the album as much as I enjoyed them when Mac was still around.

News Blackthorn - New Single Streaming Online 5.5 10.06.2012 by Jiri