After showing the artwork for their upcoming new opus Disarm The Descent, metalcore outfit Killswitch Engage have now released their brand new single "In Due Time" for streaming featuring Jesse Leach on vocals, of course. You can have a sneak peek of the new album on the video below. The single "In Due Time" will officially be released on iTunes and other digital retailers beginning Tuesday, February 5th.

The new album Disarm The Descent will be in stores on April 2nd through Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Killswitch Engage

Posted: 30.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

psykometal - 30.01.2013 at 21:14
Well I do like this much better than anything Howard ever did but AoJB is still better I think for now; need to hear the rest of the album. Musically it's not too unlike ADD but does have some AoJB in there and it is quite nice to hear Jesse again instead of Howard, I never liked his vocals. The grit that Jesse had way back then is not really there but I'm sure that's because he has actually learned how to scream properly now without blowing out his vocal cords but his singing and screaming is still way better than Howard's.
Ace Frawley - 31.01.2013 at 11:30
Yeah, sounds good. Looking forward to the album and seeing them live at Soundwave in Sydney in just over three weeks.
_-Blackbird-_ - 31.01.2013 at 15:38
Looking forward to the album
musclassia - 31.01.2013 at 16:26
I'm sure I'm in the minority over this, but I never liked Jesse's vocals that much; the screams sounded really ugly and the cleans too weak on Alive or Just Breathing (never liked the first self-titled enough to listen sufficiently to judge). Always been a fan of the Howard-era for both the music and vocals - personally adore As Daylight Dies. I must say, Jesse's vocals sound a lot stronger here than in his first KSE stint, and rather a lot more enthusiastic about this album than I initially was. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the more mainstream metalcore sound this has puts of AoJB fans, which is perfectly understandable, but I have a soft spot for mega-melodic and catchy metalcore in this vein as long as it's got some kind of individual feel to it, if that's the best way to describe it.
psykometal - 31.01.2013 at 18:54
Written by musclassia on 31.01.2013 at 16:26

The screams "ugliness" was what I loved about them. Back then he didn't know how to scream "properly" (properly meaning without physically damaging his vocal cords) so his screams were pure emotion, plus I am a death metal fan so I personally do not care for metalcore screaming for the most part. By your own admission of being a huge fan of melodic metalcore it doesn't surprise me you preferred Howard to Jesse (not intending to insult, just stating an observation), I don't know any melodic metalcore fans like yourself who preferred Jesse to Howard; everybody I know who prefers Jesse to Howard are not really fans of metalcore in general. Back in Jesse's first stint metalcore as a whole still had more in common with the "Gothenburg sound" than it does today, so it was slightly closer to melodeath than metalcore has been for the last 7 or 8 years.
Uldreth - 01.02.2013 at 00:55
I just remember when I first heard him scream REVOLUTIOOOOOOON in "Self Revolution". Now that was pure awesome
psykometal - 01.02.2013 at 01:17
Written by Uldreth on 01.02.2013 at 00:55

I know right!!!
donmuath - 06.04.2013 at 06:58
Great opening riff, crap song.

News Killswitch Engage - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 9 18.11.2006 by metal4life
News Killswitch Engage - New Music Video Online 9 17.10.2008 by Wes
News Killswitch Engage - New Album Available For Streaming 9 24.06.2009 by Uirapuru
News Killswitch Engage - New Video Online 9 02.08.2007 by Aylee_Bodom