Alice In Chains have lifted the curtain on their new album and revealed the cover artwork that will grace it. Their fifth opus will be titled The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here and the release date is set for May 28th via Virgin/EMI. After Black Gives Way To Blue, this will be the second album with vocalist William DuVall. Nick Raskulinecz is working with the band again and producing the record.

The first single off the album, "Hollow", is still available for streaming below.

Source: aliceinchains.com
Band profile: Alice In Chains

Posted: 23.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Cynic Metalhead - 23.03.2013 at 16:37
There is "too" much red in it. Look, even their album name isn't cleared.

I think they should have modify in a better way.
Jiri - 23.03.2013 at 16:50
Dumb idea for an album title. Dumb idea for an album cover.
DelightfulJim - 23.03.2013 at 17:51
I find the album title pretty funny to be honest.
Sangre Sani - 23.03.2013 at 18:57
EXCELLENT!!!!
Angry Chair - 23.03.2013 at 19:00
Wow that album cover seems a bit too bright, my eyes can't look at it for too long. Is the album title serious or silly, I hope its silly because I will probably loose a tad of respect for them if its a religious preaching album.

Either way i love AIC whether it is or not. Hope the rest of the new album is as good as the single hollow.
Luccs - 23.03.2013 at 19:11
In the AIC web they show this:

I thought the art was kinda weak at first, until I saw this :

There's a second dinosaur in a different shade of red behind the first, and where they overlap forms a devil's head.
BloodTears - 23.03.2013 at 19:30
Yes, the band released that red cover and then people started discovering other stuff underneath. It's confusing lol
Ace Frawley - 23.03.2013 at 22:40
Can't say I'm a fan of the cover but ultimately it's the music that is important. AiC have yet to disappoint me, so I have high expectations.
Opethian - 23.03.2013 at 23:52
Heavy ass track! This sounds promising! Layne Staley died, not Alice in Chains
Nosurper - 23.03.2013 at 23:55
Looking forward to it
Ocean Sage - 24.03.2013 at 00:31
Written by Angry Chair on 23.03.2013 at 19:00

Don't worry it isn't a preachy album, it is making fun of creationists' theory about how the world is only a few thousand years old. There is proof of dinosaurs so we have to be millions of years old, as far as the world goes. So they are making fun of creationists.
btbamfan20 - 24.03.2013 at 00:54
Its so red it hurts the eyes, as nathan explosion would say, thats bruutal lol
JD - 24.03.2013 at 03:34
Oh god, oh god
Angry Chair - 24.03.2013 at 16:13
Written by Ocean Sage on 24.03.2013 at 00:31

Written by Angry Chair on 23.03.2013 at 19:00

Oh that's alright then, I thought they were turning into a christian band or something.
Ocean Sage - 24.03.2013 at 17:44
Written by Angry Chair on 24.03.2013 at 16:13

Written by Ocean Sage on 24.03.2013 at 00:31

Written by Angry Chair on 23.03.2013 at 19:00

No problem man. The're pretty funny about this kind of stuff. So glad they are back. I loved Black Gives Way to Blue.
Misfit74 - 24.03.2013 at 20:38
I'm good with it. AIC is the best.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 25.03.2013 at 22:21
Loved the last album. And I love dinosaurs also, so I really don't care. Maybe if they did a bit more research, they could have found more "devilish" looking dinosaurs such as Carnotaurus, Diabloceratops or Stygimoloch grasp to mind...

News Firewind - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Release Date 11.5 08.03.2012 by Super_Greg
News Grand Magus - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Release Date 11.5 29.03.2012 by Valentin B
News Kongh - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 10 21.11.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Skálmöld - New Album Cover Artwork And Release Date Revealed 10 23.08.2012 by Alex Fenger
News Unshine - Unveil New Album Artwork And Release Date 10 03.03.2013 by Dark†SymphonY