Japanese avantgarde metallers Sigh have confirmed today that multi-instrumentalist You Oshima from the solo project Kadenzza is going to play guitars for the band's upcoming 10th album Graveward to be recorded this year. According to the band, Graveward will be a "very cinematic album, epic, symphonic and of course evil and scary."

You Oshima had this to say about it: "Four years ago all of a sudden I was suffered from cancer and almost crossed the bridge between life and death. Then came the huge earthquake on March 11th, 2011. More than 450 people were killed by Tsunami in Iwaki city where I live. And as my house is located just 35km away from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, I had to leave my hometown for a while. Fortunately none of my family was killed in the disaster and I am lucky enough to have been able to come back home now, but the life was so tough back then that I was almost giving up playing music. Then I heard from Mirai. He asked me to work with Sigh. Now I started feeling the power inside and also thinking of resurrecting Kadenzza! Kadenzza fans, I won't disappoint you!"

The band adds: "We're 100% sure that You Oshima will play a big role in making Graveward a masterpiece!"

[Thanks to J. N. for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sigh

Posted: 06.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 06.01.2014 at 13:13
Ouch, talk about having it rough. Good to know that he seems to be doing better.
Neroese - 06.01.2014 at 13:23
I can't believe on that. Finally some news from him! Looks like 2014 will be great Avantgarde year! New Mirrorthrone, new Kadenzza! Yea!
HitokiriNate85 - 06.01.2014 at 16:07
Really glad to hear things are looking up for him. I was just thinking about Kadenzza a few months ago and how it was sad he never recorded another album, so this is really surprising news. I hope he resurrects the band! I really liked In Somniphobia(Amnesia is one of those tracks I can only go so long without listening to) and I'm excited to hear what Sigh is working on.
Gothmog_Motsham - 06.01.2014 at 17:50
"You will be playing in our new album!"
- "Me?"
-"No not you, YOU!"
-"Who?"
-"You!"
-"Who????"
J. N. - 06.01.2014 at 22:24
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 06.01.2014 at 17:50

"You will be playing in our new album!"
- "Me?"
-"No not you, YOU!"
-"Who?"
-"You!"
-"Who????"

I see what you did there.
morgoth9899 - 07.01.2014 at 03:38
Well this is good news! glad to see he's doing better. I just hope on this new release Mikannibal doesn't sing; i hate her vocals. I love her as a musician though, she can wail on the sax and piano.
M C Vice - 07.01.2014 at 05:42
Written by morgoth9899 on 07.01.2014 at 03:38

I've never thought she added much with her usual vocals (nothing Marai doesn't already do), but I really liked the singing vocals she did on In Somniphobia.
From what they said about the sound of Graveward, I'm expecting another Hangman's Hymn.

News Sigh - Working On New Album 7.5 03.08.2013 by Draugen
News Jeff Loomis - Ihsahn To Guest On New Solo Album 5.5 26.01.2012 by
News Doom:VS - Reveal New Album Tracklist And Guest Vocalist 5.5 09.05.2013 by Carrion Misery
News Sepultura - Ex-Slayer Drummer To Guest On New Album 5.5 20.06.2013 by Lit.
News Protest The Hero - Drummer Leaves, Chris Adler To Guest On New Album 5.5 07.06.2013 by BloodTears