Aborted have revealed all about their new album The Necrotic Manifesto today. The death metallers eighth full-length is completed and is set for release on April 28th in Europe and on April 29th in North America via Century Media Records. Check out the cover artwork below, guts and all, with the tracklist as well.

Frontman Sven de Caluwé comments: "I can't believe we did it to be honest. We had a little over 3 months from start to master on this record - everyone really gave 300% on this record, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with Jacob once again, who really pulled the best out of all our asses. I can say in all honesty that The Necrotic Manifesto is without a doubt the strongest record Aborted has done thus far and could not be more proud of everyone involved in the project. It is the most brutal, extreme and technical record of the band without losing sight of groove and catchiness, which are all vital elements of this band. We cannot wait to get out there and start playing some new material in front of people and get some feedback on what we did in these intense months. Besides this I am very thrilled to have some of my favorite vocalists on this record as guests. Both Phlegethon (Wormed) and Vincent Bennett (The Acacia Strain) brought their own brand of burp to the table and really complemented the songs they are on! The artwork has been done by Par Olofsson (Pathology, Immolation, Immortal)."

Created by Par Olofsson

14. Cenobites

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Aborted

Posted: 19.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Lit. - 19.02.2014 at 19:40
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'"
Cynic Metalhead - 19.02.2014 at 20:13
Written by Lit. on 19.02.2014 at 19:40

Dude, what?
Lit. - 19.02.2014 at 21:27
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 19.02.2014 at 20:13

Dude, what?

A quote by Robert Oppenheimer, who initiated the Trinity testing of nuclear bombs, which to that effect was sampled at the end of Aborted's previous album Global Flatline. Guess that's where they were going with this.
LeKiwi - 19.02.2014 at 21:29
Written by Lit. on 19.02.2014 at 19:40

I only recognised the quote cause I heard it the other day in this song.

deadone - 20.02.2014 at 07:40
And will the album be any good is my question?

Global Flatline sounded good but it had next to no replay value in the long run.

And trying to shoe horn "most brutal, extreme and technical" with "groove and catchiness" sounds like a recipe for an unfocused cluster fuck...

Let's hope I'm wrong.
Big-Al - 20.02.2014 at 10:00
Yes it will be good!
Troy Killjoy - 20.02.2014 at 15:04
Definitely stoked for new material. Cover art is a tad cheesy but that's irrelevant so long as the music's good.
Opethian - 20.02.2014 at 20:28
Lame art work,
deadone - 21.02.2014 at 01:30
What's wrong wth the art work?

My only fault with it is the buildings are out of scale...

News Castle - New Album Cover Art And More Revealed 11.5 19.03.2014 by PocketMetal
News Hypocrisy - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 10 14.07.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Unleashed - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 10 22.02.2012 by Rulatore
News Autopsy - Unveil New Album Cover Art And More 10 21.02.2014 by Maco
News Pentagram - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 10 15.02.2011 by doomz