As you might now, Amon Amarth's frontman Johan Hegg joined the cast of Northmen - A Viking Saga last year. In the movie, he plays the Viking warrior Valli. Now the international trailer for Northmen - A Viking Saga has finally been unveiled. Watch the trailer here now!

The movie is scheduled to premiere in Germany and Switzerland on the 9th of October this year.

Maybe the soundtrack of the movie will feature some Amon Amarth tunes? "The Pursuit Of Vikings" seems appropriate.

Claudio Fäh (Sniper: Reloaded, Hollow Man 2) directed the Northmen - A Viking Saga and the cast includes Tom Hopper (Knights of Badassdom, Black Sails, Merlin), Ryan Kwanten (True Blood, The Right Kind of Wrong), Ken Duken (Das Adlon, Inglorious Basterds), Charlie Murphy (Philomena, The Village), Ed Skrein (The Sweeney, Ill Manors, Game of Thrones), Anatole Taubman (Quantum of Solace, The Tudors) and James Norton (Rush, Belle), among others.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth

Posted: 10.05.2014 by toxx

Comments

moe5512 - 10.05.2014 at 13:13
For the first time in like 6 years I felt like listening to Amarth
Coolingsrock - 10.05.2014 at 15:55
I can't see this be a top notch film but I will check it out regardless
Gothmog_Motsham - 10.05.2014 at 16:41
The movie should contain at least one song for the band.
AngelofDeth - 10.05.2014 at 21:04
I bet it will have an Amon Amarth song but in the credits.

Also bet 90% of hype and viewership for this movie is/will be from Amon Amarth fans cuz it doesn't look all that great otherwise.
Machiavelli - 10.05.2014 at 22:23
Man, I am stoked about all these epic sword-wielding shows on TV and movies now... I remember for years and years the first CONAN movie was the only one worth watching... now Game Of Thrones, Spartacus, Hobbit, etc... anyone can be a badass with a rifle or handgun but you need to be a special kind of warrior to wield a melee weapon and chop a man down.
Vombatus - 10.05.2014 at 22:47
I tend to like viking movies but this one looks really boring and unoriginal (like AA... coincidence ? I think not ). Maybe if there is some pretty scenery and landscapes it might be redeeming, but not excited at all.
Shmyt - 13.05.2014 at 09:38
I can't decide if it looks more like it was made as a scandanavian tourism video or one of those old direct to history channel movies
Redn1ght - 19.09.2014 at 22:15
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.05.2014 at 21:04

I bet it will have an Amon Amarth song but in the credits.

It looks more interesting than any of those Marvel super-hero movies, Sci-Fi reboots (RoboCop) and such. We haven't had that many medieval or a movie set around those times types of films in a long time that are original. I would check it out because of that alone. Lack of interesting new movies is kinda getting on my nerves.
AngelofDeth - 19.09.2014 at 22:37
Written by Redn1ght on 19.09.2014 at 22:15

I'm not really a fan of Marvel but I thought Guardians was actually really good, if you like sci-fi I would highly recommend it. Also I just read an early script for Interstellar and it was freaking amazing. Exodus also looks good. So I'd have to disagree, there are plenty of good movies coming out!

But it is true that there hasn't been a good medieval movie in quite some time(thanks for dropping the ball Peter Jackson) - Centurion was probly my last fave and even then, the time period was between fall of Rome and Medieval. I'm also a sucker for medieval films and I may yet check this out but still, I think it's good to be aware of one's guilty pleasures and not confuse it with objective quality.
Redn1ght - 19.09.2014 at 23:28
Written by AngelofDeth on 19.09.2014 at 22:37

Written by Redn1ght on 19.09.2014 at 22:15

Yeah, I know. I'm mostly into the near-future Sci-Fi in that genre. Not too high-tech but futuristic enough for the future. Old movies on other hand are catching my interest because I can see clearly the hard work put to movies back then without CGI helping out in almost every scene. :]

News Johan Hegg - Joins Cast Of 'Northmen - A Viking Saga' Movie 10.5 18.09.2013 by Amatsu Mikaboshi
News Amon Amarth - Release Trailer For Three-Part Mini Documentary 7.5 21.05.2013 by Amatsu Mikaboshi
News Amon Amarth - Added To The Unholy Alliance III Tour 6 06.07.2008 by YoreLore
News Amon Amarth - N. American Tour Dates Part II 6 12.02.2009 by elven