Pirate metallers Alestorm are premiering a new video today, the first off their upcoming album Sunset On The Golden Age, which will be released by Napalm Records on August 1st in Europe (August 4th in the UK, August 5th in North America). You can enjoy the video for the song "Drink" right here below, ladies and gentlemen. Let us know if you like it or not.

Tracklist:

01. Walk The Plank
02. Drink
03. Magnetic North
04. 1741 (The Battle Of Cartagena)
05. Mead From Hell
06. Surf Squid Warfare
07. Quest For Ships
08. Wooden Leg!
09. Hangover
10. Sunset On The Golden Age

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alestorm

Posted: 12.06.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

Sword_Chant - 12.06.2014 at 18:28
The lyrics are hilarious!!! But for Alestorm this seemed a little disappointing?
R Lewis - 12.06.2014 at 19:32
While the chorus was OK, the rest was tremendously standard.
DreamingDesire - 12.06.2014 at 19:36
Not sure if this or Equilibrium's Wirtshaus Gaudi wins on most ridiculous video
BloodJuNkie - 12.06.2014 at 20:12
Written by DreamingDesire on 12.06.2014 at 19:36

Not sure if this or Equilibrium's Wirtshaus Gaudi wins on most ridiculous video

haha both of them are ridiculously awesome!
BlackEssence - 12.06.2014 at 21:01
Banjo. Rum. Pirates.
AngelofDeth - 12.06.2014 at 23:33
Members of Alestorm and Korpiklaani should come together and form the worst mega-band in history.
Truemetaljope - 13.06.2014 at 00:19
This is pathetic. I'm not even an Alestorm hater, I can easily admit that Back Through Time was decent album and Captain Morgan's Revenge had its moments but these "fun songs" is what makes this folk metal a joke that isn't funny.
Lehctim - 13.06.2014 at 01:11
Written by Truemetaljope on 13.06.2014 at 00:19

Its not a joke its called sarcasm and its fucking awesome. If you expect this shit to be Dream Theater then guess what, you're gona be disappointed. I swear half the people in these comments have never touched a beer in their life
Sword_Chant - 13.06.2014 at 02:37
Written by Lehctim on 13.06.2014 at 01:11

Written by Truemetaljope on 13.06.2014 at 00:19

I've been a fan of beer and a longtime fan of this band since they were called Battleheart in 2006, and I find this song to be nothing better than average. I love all Alestorms previous work but I felt like this song was generic and stripped really bare of pirate melodies. The trouble here is more to do with the dip in songwriting and losing touch of their signature sound rather than needing to sound more like Dream Theater!
Ornusashas - 13.06.2014 at 03:13
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Lehctim - 13.06.2014 at 03:27
Written by Sword_Chant on 13.06.2014 at 02:37

The words songwriting and Alestorm shouldn't be in the same sentence. Alestorm is about stupidly simple fun music. Exactly what makes this song so good
LeChron James - 13.06.2014 at 07:10
CHURRZ!
Andreas - 13.06.2014 at 14:09
Hmmm, I don't think the song is bad, but I hope the rest of the album is better than this.
Sword_Chant - 13.06.2014 at 15:34
Written by Lehctim on 13.06.2014 at 03:27

Your right dude, it's not a bad song I just hope the other songs are.. better, YARRRRRRR!!!
ManiacBlasphemer - 14.06.2014 at 01:13
Didn't really get into this band through their previous works but shit changes with this song. Fucking amazing hilarious song/lyrics. Alestorm seems to be the perfect cure to pass the summer heat this year. I find it difficult how people can dislike this song, this one ain't meant to be all complex or impressive, but to be amuzing, just for the lolz. Some people here need to view metal from a less serious attitude. Art is not there just to make people awe or to be disgusted, but to also produce laughter.
R Lewis - 14.06.2014 at 01:23
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 14.06.2014 at 01:13

I see what you're saying, but consider "Rum". It's clearly an idiot, booze-y track, but it has much more innovative (for Alestorm's standards) and entertaining melodies. I don't think this new one lives up to that, and I'm a big fan of the band

The Shape 1973 - 15.06.2014 at 10:52
So that's where Turisas' songs have gone.
Sword_Chant - 15.06.2014 at 15:43
Written by R Lewis on 14.06.2014 at 01:23

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 14.06.2014 at 01:13

[video]

^ totally agree with this!
Rot Teufel - 15.06.2014 at 19:23
Written by Lehctim on 13.06.2014 at 03:27

plus don't know any booze based song that offers smart lyrics
hidden_ninja - 25.06.2014 at 19:44
And a new bar song was born...

News Alestorm - New Video Online 9 22.05.2011 by Kwis