The following has been posted by Ole Bang on the official website of the band:

"Most regretfully we have to announce that King will not be able to tour North America as planned. King has over the past 6 month been suffering from a herniated disc in the spine, and has still not recovered to a satisfactory level. He was prescribed absolute rest for several months, and this appear to be more than half a year.

Following several visits to specialists and most recent MRI-scan; we have to realize that his condition need far more rest than expected in the first place. At the moment he can neither walk for more than an hour at a time, nor can he sit like you would do in a normal daily life; ie. there is no chance that he will fully recover in time for the tour start in March.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused for everyone involved, for promoters, bands and fans; and most of all we're very very sorry that we can not go out and perform for the fans; who have been waiting for the tour to kick off.

Unfortunately life is unpredictable, and it's completely out of our hands when illness kick in, and no medicine, how harsh it might have been, can cure the situation. If anything could remedy the situation it would have been done, but for now we simply just have to wait, and let King get the much needed rest.

I will post news about any developments as soon as it's available. At this time we will also like to say Thanks, for all the kind words of a speedy recovery we have received."

Kreator also announced they will not tour alone. So the whole tour has been cancelled. An update by the band goes as follows:

"To end the rumours: Kreator will not be playing any of the King Diamond/Kreator tour alone! Here´s a statement from Mille!

"First of all: We are very disapointed that our tour in March/April is not going to happen! We were really looking foreward to see all our North American fans again and were preparing a killer show for you! But I must also say, that right now the most important thing is King Diamonds health. I want to see the King playing shows and producing albums for many years to come in good shape and so all I can say in the name of the whole band at this point is: Get well soon King and all the strenght and best wishes from Germany! All hail to the King!"

Source: covenworldwide.org
Band profile: King Diamond

Posted: 25.11.2007 by GT

Comments

Bad English - 25.11.2007 at 16:19
herniated disc in the spine what kind a deasise are that?
4look4rd - 25.11.2007 at 16:25
My grandfather had the same problem a few years ago, all he told me is that it hurts like a bitch
=maD.Doc:. - 25.11.2007 at 17:20
Written by Bad English on 25.11.2007 at 16:19

herniated disc in the spine what kind a deasise are that?

It's not a disease. It's some problem with the spine.
frankmkonce - 25.11.2007 at 17:21
that sucks.....the first time i saw king diamond was on the 'abigail' tour in dallas, tx. the funny part is trouble opened for them promoting the album 'run to the light' (both are classics if you don't own them). messed up backs suck and sometimes never heal. wish him luck.
Bararey - 25.11.2007 at 17:25
At least it is official now, so so the fans and the other supporting bands know that.

I think Kreator could have handled headlining this tour, plus they're not really alone, they are supported by Leaves' Eyes and Cellador (who got a lot more exposure by being in ProgPower USA this year).
Kap'N Korrupt - 25.11.2007 at 18:02
At least he has good reason to cancel a tour though...I wouldn't wanna see him up on that stage suffering...it's upsetting but what can you do...
Warman - 25.11.2007 at 18:13
Oh, too bad for N.A. fans... I wanna see Kreator live again!
selken - 25.11.2007 at 18:26
Good luck King!
Ellie - 26.11.2007 at 01:24
Oh man..I'm so upset about it being canceled! I have my regards for King Diamond's health of course.
parallax - 26.11.2007 at 04:58
This sucks! I wanted to go mainly for Kreator, but King Diamond is awesome too.
Doc Godin - 26.11.2007 at 07:18
NOOOOOO! What the hell is this? Fuck Kreator! Those assholes pussying out on us, I was excited to see the King and its understandable he has to back out, but for fuck sakes Kreator what the fuck is this shit? Theres no good excuse for pussying out like this, I know theres enough fans in NA to still have a good turn out! You guys let me down big time, seriously.
MrEddieG - 26.11.2007 at 07:37
I was so excited for this ultimate Metal performance and then boom it just got stripped from us, can you say WHAT THE FUCK?!!! I know its not King's fault but damn every time the U.S. gets fucked some way or another! And Kreator could of done the tour with Cellador and Leaves' Eyes. This was going to be one of those concerts that only happen every decade but now it is just another disappointment
Talvi - 26.11.2007 at 23:39
Yeah, good metal stays at home! Don't cry American people, you have Slipknot there...

[/end of evil sarcasm]
Lady Bathory - 27.11.2007 at 05:24
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I WANTED TO SEE KREATOR SO BADLY!! Bah, that was my birthday present.

I can always still settle with Ozzy and Iron Maiden... but that concert lineup completed with Kreator would have been otherworldly
graywolf87 - 27.11.2007 at 07:44
hope the king gets better...well, I am disappointed but his health is first...I bet it will be worth the waiting when he gets better, trust me...but anyway it was almost like a dream to think king and kreator would play together in one show, fuck! WHY
dismaleuphony - 27.11.2007 at 08:52
Yeah it's definitely a disappointment not being able to see this tour, though I'm sure Kreator and King will be back when they get the chance again. I'm sure sure there is some explanation as to why Kreator wouldn't continue the tour - maybe they only wanted to tour with King in the US, who knows? I'm sure Leaves Eyes will be back, considering they tour seemingly endlessly... I was hoping to see some of their Werk 80 II tracks live - perhaps their hook up with another band ...

News King Diamond - North American Tour Confirmed 10.5 24.06.2014 by Panzerfrost
News Arch Enemy - To Headline North American Tour With Kreator 8.5 13.06.2014 by Teravolt_Danny
News Kreator - Co-Headlining North American Tour With Overkill 8.5 01.05.2013 by Truemetaljope
News Kreator - Announce Co-Headlining North American Tour With Accept 8.5 10.05.2012 by Iron Nostarion
News Veil Of Maya - Announce North American Tour With Vildhjarta 7 17.09.2013 by undi