The ongoing battle Infernus has been pursuing against Gaahl & King Ov Hell regarding trademark rights of the name "Gorgoroth" appear to have come to an end. A message posted on Infernus' myspace website reads as follows:

"Oslo City District Court has today delivered a verdict on the main question in the Gorgoroth trademark case, which took place at the end of January 2009. The court has decided that King ov Hell's trademark registration # 243365 of the band name Gorgoroth is NOT valid and shall therefore be deleted. The court states that King ov Hell and Gaahl excluded themselves from the band Gorgoroth when they tried to fire Infernus in October 2007. The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from Gorgoroth, unless he himself decides to quit. Infernus is very pleased, but not surprised, by this verdict. The remaining issues concerning financial matters and such are yet to be decided upon."

The Infernus Gorgoroth line-up is:

Infernus - guitar, bass, drums, vocals
Pest - vocals
Tormentor - guitar
Frank Watkins - bass
Tomas Asklund - drums

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth

Posted: 10.03.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

kaos666 - 10.03.2009 at 16:37
Well there is a lot of classic black metal news about today!! Gaahl no longer can claim Gorgoroth and Varg Vikernes is going to be released from prison! Ah we need more drama like this about, anyone else miss the early 90's?
Odium - 10.03.2009 at 17:07
Let's wait for Gaahl's answer...this will be very funny
Spyroid - 10.03.2009 at 17:16
Damn, I hoped for Ghaal he's so much more br00tal
Paradox0 - 10.03.2009 at 17:18
Written by kaos666 on 10.03.2009 at 16:37

Wait! Their releasing Varg. Oh No! Europe will burn lol!

On another note, I kind of just found this post funny in 2 different ways. One, I love how the Norwegian press have to refer to him as "King Ov Hell"

I also love the lineup with Infernus, Pest, Tormenter and.......Frank Watkins
Dane Train - 10.03.2009 at 17:23
In other news: Tr00 kvlt Black Metal bands use MySpace. Yes, that is right, the same network that allows 13 year old girls to giggle about the Jonas Brothers on each others pages and 37 year old male geeks to build an online shrine to Optimums Prime. But we must keep in mind that MySpace is a place for friends; just look at some of Infernus' top 8: Tom, ShyKitten12, Marc, Sven the brutal, and PopTart69420.
Elio - 10.03.2009 at 17:24
Written by Paradox0 on 10.03.2009 at 17:18

Written by kaos666 on 10.03.2009 at 16:37

Wait! Their releasing Varg. Oh No! Europe will burn lol!

I also love the lineup with Infernus, Pest, Tormenter and.......Frank Watkins

totally true
-DC-002- - 10.03.2009 at 17:37
This is very pleasing. Infernus is much better at making music.
Paradox0 - 10.03.2009 at 17:58
Just wait. In 2 weeks Gaahl will complain that they discriminated against him because he's gay.

OH WAIT this isn't the states.
Xnoybis - 10.03.2009 at 17:59
From now on whenever we link Gorgoroth news, we need to have Ivan somehow set up the page so that the Benny Hill theme song kicks in.

TheBigRossowski - 10.03.2009 at 18:13
Pest is on vocals again?! This IS a great day! I don't have to go to school or work tomorrow (early). That calls for a White Russian! What a beautiful day...
a MasT - 10.03.2009 at 18:24
Obituary's Frank Watkins? Wow...didn't see that coming....
U47 - 10.03.2009 at 19:17
This one made my day... Cheers!
Vationleg - 10.03.2009 at 19:30
Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.
Dane Train - 10.03.2009 at 20:28
Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

I sure don't!
Jeff - 10.03.2009 at 20:39
@ Mess: And a lot of your messages are useless spam...
Pétur - 10.03.2009 at 20:41
Written by Dane Train on 10.03.2009 at 17:23

so true, Gorgoroth is such a joke.
Koen Smits - 10.03.2009 at 20:44
I don't know what to think about this.
Last time I saw Gorgoroth was King and Gaahl's and it was a great show.
If it stays like this I hope they are gonna start another band...like GArgAroth or GUrgUroth
In_tallica - 10.03.2009 at 21:21
Wtf?!?!
former dissection drummer behind the chair! interesting...
Got Mayhem? - 10.03.2009 at 21:53
No one should really be suprised...there was no way in hell (giggle) that infernus could have lost this case.
Valentin B - 10.03.2009 at 23:20
Gaahl's reply is going to be epic... either epic funny or epic fail, don't know which type yet
Nickferatu367 - 10.03.2009 at 23:38
Wait, Varg Vikernes is being released?!?! oh dear god, i fear for the norweigan black metal bands of today, especially Dimmu Borgir.
Dangerboner - 10.03.2009 at 23:53
Written by Dane Train on 10.03.2009 at 17:23

PopTart69420.

Wait... is that Gaahl's MySpace name?

man I wish I thought of that s/n
ASiema113 - 11.03.2009 at 00:49
This will be interesting...
Darth Satanious - 11.03.2009 at 01:06
Maybe the drama will be over now and we will get down to what is important: impalling the Christ through music. Gaal and King ov Hell should just start their own band and make a name for themselves.
LeChron James - 11.03.2009 at 01:14
Written by Valentin B on 10.03.2009 at 23:20

both... definitely both.
Warman - 11.03.2009 at 01:19
Pest, cool.
Doc Godin - 11.03.2009 at 01:51
Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

Yeah, Gorgoroth are soooo underground, and we all just listen to Metallica and Slipknot! I mean, it's not like I can walk over to the CD store in the old person mall near my house and pick up half their albums on any given day.... .

Why have you hidden this band from us for so long, oh mighty one? And what other great unknown bands are you hiding from us? Dimmu Borgir?
totaliteraliter - 11.03.2009 at 02:51
There is no "loser" in this case, in the sense that the hype around Gorgoroth A & B is probably as high as it's ever been over the last few years.
Black Conundrum - 11.03.2009 at 04:56
Ha, Infernus got the rights. I can't wait for Gaahl's response to this. This epic battle is finally over. Both parties acted at least somewhat juvenile.

Also, there's talk in this thread about Varg Vikernes being released. Can someone please give me a link supporting that claim?
Daggon - 11.03.2009 at 05:32
Written by Doc Godin on 11.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

Seems like I have to check this new bands you are talking about. Are this Gorgototh and Dimmu Borgir from Sweden? I think I've heard something on the net about them... BTW what is this "Metallica" you are talking about?
Vationleg - 11.03.2009 at 06:16
Written by Doc Godin on 11.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

Dick.
All the comment's that existed before mine deserved a spanking, the feeling of pure shock that overcame me when I saw someone who was actually rooting for Ghaal is something you may never understand...
That of course wasn't the only thing/one that bothered me...
It's becoming more and more obvious to me how ill suited I'm am for this site with every post I read.

I do however have something to promote though, and I plan on making every one of my 100 posts (or whatever it is) relevant enough to avoid piggy-backing/troll status.
Being remembered as a simpleton wouldn't do much for my cause and it may inspire people to become dis-interested when I finally do reveal my exploits of Havy Matal grandeur...
tulkas - 11.03.2009 at 06:16
"The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from Gorgoroth, unless he himself decides to quit."

wtf?? i don't know anything about laws or lawyers or anything, but how can a court decide what a band does with their members? anyway, i didn't know that this was going on, but imo it sucks that this kinda shit happens within a band
Himann - 11.03.2009 at 07:35
Great news for me. Infernus always represented the best part of Gorgoroth for me. He was there from the begining to the end and Gaahl and King have no right to claim anything. Always been a huge Infernus fan (check my avatar for proof lol). Hopefully this will result in bringing back everything that was once great about Gorgorth.
Fhuesc - 11.03.2009 at 08:03
so how many Gorgoroths are now?
DrunkenFuck - 11.03.2009 at 09:34
Written by Doc Godin on 11.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

Haha, yeah. In our regular cd store I have only seen cd's by three different metal bands: Metallica, Volbeat and Gorgoroth. And I'm seriously not kidding on that one.
DrunkenFuck - 11.03.2009 at 09:40
Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 08:03

so how many Gorgoroths are now?

What don't you get?
Infernus = Gorgoroth, Gaahl & King = Some Other Band
Baz Anderson - 11.03.2009 at 14:02
Confirmation from Gaahl and King can be found here:

Gaahl and King will announce a new name for their band shortly.
Baz Anderson - 11.03.2009 at 14:17
Written by Vationleg on 11.03.2009 at 06:16

I think it is becoming more obvious to us just how ill-suited you seem for life. How old are you? 13? You have such an attitude problem. Insulting good members like this will only get you banned, and then you won't be able to promote your band. No one likes to see hostility in otherwise friendly forums so please try and keep a good temperament.
Baz Anderson - 11.03.2009 at 14:20
Written by Black Conundrum on 11.03.2009 at 04:56

There's this, but they don't cite any sources - I have no idea where they get that news from.
Hellkommando - 11.03.2009 at 14:30
A good day indeed, I don't mind Gaahl at all but will be good to hear Pest on vocals! And can't go wrong with Tomas Asklund.
worm_is_gloaming - 11.03.2009 at 16:22
Very just.

The whole affair over trademark was laughable as hell. Infernus started Gorgoroth. He's the only original member of it left in it. It's his damn band. End of story!
Good to see that judicial folks in Norway have their heads on straight and are sensible.

Pest on vocals? Obituary dude on bass? Gorgoroth are fucking back!!!

Better than ever before. Now we can draw a direct line between their beginnings and this consistent resurrection.
GT - 11.03.2009 at 16:39
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:20

Written by Black Conundrum on 11.03.2009 at 04:56

They actually do cite their source. It's the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet that brought the news. I've just read the article (it's the one I linked to) and it says pretty much what Blabbermouth writes.
Fhuesc - 11.03.2009 at 18:27
Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.03.2009 at 09:40

Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 08:03

so how many Gorgoroths are now?

What don't you get?
Infernus = Gorgoroth, Gaahl & King = Some Other Band

Oh!, thanks.
DrunkenFuck - 11.03.2009 at 21:05
Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 18:27

Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.03.2009 at 09:40

Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 08:03

so how many Gorgoroths are now?

What don't you get?
Infernus = Gorgoroth, Gaahl & King = Some Other Band

Oh!, thanks.

You're welcome
Murder - 11.03.2009 at 21:56
Written by LeChron James on 11.03.2009 at 01:14

Written by Valentin B on 10.03.2009 at 23:20

both... definitely both.

yeah, I think Gaahl is gonna make some lil' drama of this

this not finish yet
Slayer666 - 11.03.2009 at 22:47
It's been about time they settled this. Maybe Gorgoroth can finnaly move on.
Xnoybis - 11.03.2009 at 22:52
Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

the hell i don't. we try to hit the links for a round of gorgorgolf every couple months...

check the 3rd pic in my profile if you don't believe me.

i'm the one with the Samhain tat on my forearm. he's the one with the inverted cross.
Vationleg - 12.03.2009 at 00:27
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:17

Written by Vationleg on 11.03.2009 at 06:16

Don't kid yourself, seeing all this praise for shitfake cockgaggery bands would make ANY fan of the real stuff have an "attitude" problem.
And no, not 13, and it's not a band I'm promoting.

I didn't directly insult anybody in my post either...
You feeling ok?
Black Conundrum - 12.03.2009 at 03:41
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:20

Written by Black Conundrum on 11.03.2009 at 04:56

Thanks for that. It makes very interesting news.
Daniel - 14.03.2009 at 13:27
God thats pathetic. No one cares about Infernus.

News Gorgoroth - DVD Preview Online 4.5 13.05.2008 by jadawal
News Gorgoroth - Gaahl 'Outs' Himself As Homosexual 4.5 29.10.2008 by GT
News Gorgoroth - Announce South American Tour 4.5 01.06.2012 by csiga
News Gorgoroth - Internal Conflict, Tour To Still Go On 4.5 22.10.2007 by iaberis
Albums Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan 3 15.10.2014 by God Buster 鬼