Official press release

Dark Tranquillity will release their fantastic DVD "Where Death Is Most Alive" on October 26th, 2009 in Europe and November 17th in the US! It contains an unbelievably great live show filmed in Milan, Italy 2008, a 47 minutes long documentary about the legendary Swedish melodic death metal act plus tons of additional rare live footage and all promo clips.

Now, you can already check out a trailer for this release at this location.

The stunning artwork was created by Niklas Sundin (http:///www.cabinfevermedia.com) and you can view it in higher resolution here.

Renowned for being part of the holy trinity of Melodic Death Metal (Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, In Flames), which spawned the unmistakeably "Gothenburg Sound" in the early 90's, it is now time to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary with a career spanning DVD that takes you from Dark Tranquillity's raw beginnings to their current position as one of the most diverse and influential metal acts.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity

Posted: 08.09.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

treptolemus - 08.09.2009 at 16:55
Seems interesting, with a lot of things (history-gothenburg-old gigs). I'm not sure if i'll grab it - actually, i have more expectations for the new album they create (hope for more keyboard bridges - clean vocals - atmosphere - interesting lyrics . So, if the new album contains a little bit of progressive elements, it will definitely become, a masterpiece
White Winter Sun - 08.09.2009 at 17:21
I hope that this new DVD will be better than their first one. Indeed "Live Damage" was not bad and it was their first DVD, but the audience was not audible and showed a lack of craziness, which is not good points for a DVD.
Anyways, the content of the bonus/documentary/live footage seems interesting. So, I'm looking forward to this release.
Deadmeat - 08.09.2009 at 17:25
This promo video looks really great... i hope i wont regret bying this one...
BloodTears - 08.09.2009 at 17:53
I'm pretty sure I won't regret buying this DVD. DT are great live and it seems like it was a great show.

Still have to wait one month, it's too bad I can't pre-order it or something.
Forsaker - 08.09.2009 at 21:29
I like this promo
really want to buy it:banger:
Ellrohir - 08.09.2009 at 22:10
I like the promo vid, i dont like the cover art...
Abattoir - 09.09.2009 at 00:12
Wow an awesome trailer...the album artwork also looks fine to me.

I'm definitely buying this stuff
sq_xeper - 09.09.2009 at 00:13
The new DVD looks awesome, Im definetely going to purchase this one
Warman - 09.09.2009 at 14:15
This could turn out to be really good!
BloodTears - 10.09.2009 at 13:23
I think they've come a long way from their first DVD. In that DVD, the crowd wasn't very enthusiastic or numerous, so it hurt the DVD a bit, but they performed well. Now they are a bigger band, playing for bigger audiences and have a different status. And I'm not even speaking about the extras on that DVD, which didn't help.

The second DVD also seems interesting.
Deadly Void - 19.09.2009 at 07:40
Great!

News Dark Tranquillity - Release New Album Cover, Tracklist And Trailer 10.5 27.03.2013 by Nimue
News Stormlord - DVD Cover Revealed And Trailer Online 10 06.07.2007 by Katatronik
News Metalium - New Album Cover Art Revealed And Samples Online 8.5 22.09.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Dark End - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 11.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead
News Paradox - New Album Cover Art Revealed And New Song Online 8.5 22.09.2009 by White Winter Sun