Metal Storm logo
Metal bands with lyrics about aliens, abductions...

03.08.2010 - 23:02
Sovereign87
Hi !

As the title says, I was wondering if some of you know serious metal bands with lyrics related to aliens, abductions, UFOs, paranormal... like in many songs of the swedish death metal band Hypocrisy
I'm asking that because, like many people, I'm very interested by these subjects. After all, there are already lot of bands with lyrics about mythology stuff (Therion, Nile, Behemoth...), so why not aliens ?

I'm going to do some research on the internet, but if you know some bands with good lyrics on this, please tell me !

PS : Please this topic is not a joke so don't leave stupid comments
04.08.2010 - 00:55
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
I'm not going to check exact lyrics, because I'll leave it to you, but here are some albums with sci-fi lyrical themes that come to my mind right off the bat:

Nocturnus "The Key"
Turbo "Last Warrior"
Scanner "Hypertrace"
Silencer
Voivod
04.08.2010 - 15:39
Perseverence
Account deleted
I'm in the works of writing a song about alien that to get back on the ship after the abductoin they have to commit suicide so their soul can float into the ship.
04.08.2010 - 22:44
Don Martin
le fu-
A lot of Agent Steel's songs are about aliens check 'em out!
----
What a tackastrophe!
04.08.2010 - 23:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 04.08.2010 at 00:55

I'm not going to check exact lyrics, because I'll leave it to you, but here are some albums with sci-fi lyrical themes that come to my mind right off the bat:

Turbo "Last Warrior"

Polish turbo?

Also Scanner, Agent Steel, Hypocrysy ,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2010 - 12:39
Sovereign87
Thanks guys for your answer. I just did a little search by Lyrical themes with the word "aliens" on http://www.metal-archives.com/ and I have a list of 30 bands. If only I had discovered this option before... my topic is a little bit useless now.
05.08.2010 - 14:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sovereign87 on 05.08.2010 at 12:39

Thanks guys for your answer. I just did a little search by Lyrical themes with the word "aliens" on http://www.metal-archives.com/ and I have a list of 30 bands. If only I had discovered this option before... my topic is a little bit useless now.

I did it to and belive me there more bands who has lyrics about it , maybe Blaze Bayle , but he' sings more about robots, machines etc
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2010 - 14:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
There's lots of bands who've written individual songs about the subject, like Megadeth, and Hypocrisy, but I dont really know of any bands who's lyrical content is exclusively limited to aliens and related subjects.

I do know Bonded By Blood's new album is a concept album about a fictional alien invasion. lol
05.08.2010 - 15:15
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.08.2010 at 14:28

There's lots of bands who've written individual songs about the subject, like Megadeth, and Hypocrisy, but I dont really know of any bands who's lyrical content is exclusively limited to aliens and related subjects.

I do know Bonded By Blood's new album is a concept album about a fictional alien invasion. lol

As far as I know Agent Steel sings only about Aliens, but I'm not 100% sure about that
06.08.2010 - 10:34
FUnny topic. I am in a one man project themed around this kind of stuff. Nothing can be more brutal and downright terrifying then getting abducted and raped by aliens!!! I have some midi songs etc but nothing really high quality yet. I could upload some on youtube. FOr instance one song is called trans terrestrial hybridization. Fredrick thordendahls special defects...

Bands themed around space maybe...
RIngs of Saturn
WOrmed
06.08.2010 - 11:21
Sovereign87
Written by The Grindcorps on 06.08.2010 at 10:34

FUnny topic. I am in a one man project themed around this kind of stuff. Nothing can be more brutal and downright terrifying then getting abducted and raped by aliens!!! I have some midi songs etc but nothing really high quality yet. I could upload some on youtube. FOr instance one song is called trans terrestrial hybridization. Fredrick thordendahls special defects...

That's funny too because I'm thinking about doing the same thing than you. I agree with you when you say "Nothing can be more brutal and downright terrifying then getting abducted and raped by aliens!!!". It reminds me the film "Fire in the sky", the ending scared the holy hell out of me when I was younger haha.
06.08.2010 - 14:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Diabolos on 05.08.2010 at 15:15
As far as I know Agent Steel sings only about Aliens, but I'm not 100% sure about that

Well, I dont know much about Agent Steel, so I cant comment on that. lol I always thought their logo looked a bit futuristic though!
06.08.2010 - 14:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.08.2010 at 14:16

Written by Diabolos on 05.08.2010 at 15:15

Well, I dont know much about Agent Steel, so I cant comment on that. lol I always thought their logo looked a bit futuristic though!

Lots of logos do. ;P
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.08.2010 - 22:23
F0rang3l
Well Megadeth has some songs about aliens like Hangar 18, but I think that was because their ex-guitarist was obssesed with aliens.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
06.08.2010 - 22:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by F0rang3l on 06.08.2010 at 22:23

Well Megadeth has some songs about aliens like Hangar 18, but I think that was because their ex-guitarist was obssesed with aliens.

No, it wasnt. It was actually Nick Menza (ex-drummer) who was interested in the subject, and actually came up with the idea for "Hangar 18". Dave wrote the lyrics though.
06.08.2010 - 22:29
F0rang3l
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.08.2010 at 22:27

Written by F0rang3l on 06.08.2010 at 22:23

No, it wasnt. It was actually Nick Menza (ex-drummer) who was interested in the subject, and actually came up with the idea for "Hangar 18". Dave wrote the lyrics though.

Yeah, sorry. I couldn't remember if it was the drummer or guitarist.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
12.09.2010 - 22:17
@gent_-_orange
The Faceless - Planetary duality is technical death metal with science fiction lyrics and a "spacey" sound
12.09.2010 - 22:50
RavenKing
Check:

Iron Savior
Bal-Sagoth "The Power Cosmic"

Some old Blind Guardian songs have lyrics about aliens (for example "Goodbye My Friend") but it's a minority.

Perhaps the Iced Earth stuff related to the "Something Wicked" saga.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.09.2010 - 23:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 12.09.2010 at 22:50
Iron Savior

Cant believe I forgot that one... lol

Which reminds me, Kai Hansen does write a lot of space-themed lyrics. Practically the whole "Somwhere Out In Space" album has songs themed around space. And a few other isolated songs on other Gamma Ray albums have similar themes. xD
12.09.2010 - 23:08
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.09.2010 at 23:03

Written by RavenKing on 12.09.2010 at 22:50
Iron Savior

Cant believe I forgot that one... lol

Which reminds me, Kai Hansen does write a lot of space-themed lyrics. Practically the whole "Somwhere Out In Space" album has songs themed around space. And a few other isolated songs on other Gamma Ray albums have similar themes. xD

Yes, some Gamma Ray songs could make a good choice too.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
13.09.2010 - 00:48
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned Evergrey yet.

Evergrey's In Search Of Truth is an entire album about the trauma caused by alien abduction. The lyrics are indeed serious, and fabulous music, too.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
13.09.2010 - 00:58
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
16.09.2010 - 19:36
RobertNowhere
Well, from the black metal end of things (ahem), there's a band called DarkSpace....their entire schtick is about outer-space...their stage outfits make them look like corpse-painted space aliens...and yeah, the music is fantastic!

also, from the black metal underground is this band...dark, low-fi, psychedelic...obsessed with space aliens...you can read more about them here and download their demo...i believe there is another post about them on that blog, so look around:

http://cosmichearse.blogspot.com/2008/09/ahulabrum.html
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
28.09.2010 - 23:48
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Gama Bomb's got some good lyrics about aliens in Citizen Brain but few in Tales From The Grave in Space.
29.09.2010 - 00:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
No-one mentioned "Abductors" by Judas Priest? victory dance!
30.09.2010 - 07:22
SerratedSyringe
Aborym has a whole 'alien' thing going on. Also, Gigan has alien focused lyrics.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
17.06.2011 - 04:09
JD
Account deleted
I hate lyrics about this subject...aliens, space.. you name it .... i even hate movies talking about these stuff.
17.06.2011 - 10:23
Vacant Throne
Bruce Dickinson - Abduction

17.06.2011 - 12:18
fabregassed
Account deleted
Return to Hangar- Megadeth.
17.06.2011 - 16:24
ANGEL REAPER
Aliens inspired metal...an obvious case of post X files syndrome ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"