Metal Storm logo
Urfaust

19.05.2006 - 21:58
Highlander
Account deleted
A great new Black Metal band thats been kicking around for a few years. Create a different sound to Black Metal with clear vocals which sound mental! Far as I knot they've done 2 albums and a split EP with Circle Of Ouroborus.
19.05.2006 - 23:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Heard some stuff and it was quite good. I'll listen to some more.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.05.2006 - 23:38
Highlander
Account deleted
The first time I heard Urfaust they made me think of Isengard, clean sometimes epic vocals.
19.05.2006 - 23:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Loved the vocals, very haunting, but disliked the ambient parts... somehow this band made me remember Abruptum's "Casus Luciferi", and I can't stand that album.
20.05.2006 - 10:22
Zombie, M.D.
They have recently become one of my favorite bands, Geist ist Teuful being my favorite of their work thus far. I just preordered their upcomming 2xLP titled "II" from Goatowarex. Its to be released on 06/06/06.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
20.05.2006 - 11:39
Highlander
Account deleted
Nice, might look it out and see if I can find it!
20.05.2006 - 13:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I discovered Urfaust through Mecha Zombie and had never heard of them before which is quite surprising since the band is from my country. My favourite release is the split with circle of Ouroborus. The music and vocals on that one are so haunting it is unbelievable. I hope that Urfaust will do a concert some time soon because I really wanna check out if he can do it on stage as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2006 - 17:09
Puff
The Forlorn
I heard Geist ist teufel and I was really impressed. The vocals are very haunting and the atmosphere is very dark, yet, a bit epic.
----
06.06.2006 - 21:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
They are from The Netherlands? Never new that. Again, something to be proud of.

I like them, a lot.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.06.2006 - 21:47
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, I had been listening a lot to them in these last weeks, and although they are very shocking at first, I think they lose strength with time... right now I only enjoy a few songs in "Geist Ist Teufel", but generally speaking I think they don't pass the test of time very well.
08.06.2006 - 21:19
Veertje
i've only heard Drudenfus, but it's so fucking cool the vocals on that song kick ass
09.06.2006 - 13:04
Highlander
Account deleted
I enjoy listneing to the self titles track from Geist Ist Teufel
06.07.2006 - 22:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Man, I love Urfaust more and more.

*yes, a weak try to resurrect this topic, because this band deserves attention. People, post!*
----

06.07.2006 - 22:49
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i love what ive heard but need to get my grubby hands on hard copies of their stuff.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 23:49
Daru Jericho
I've only got a copy of Geist Ist Tuefel but I've listened to it quite a few times and enjoy it.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.08.2006 - 05:50
Richard
Elite
I only just discovered Urfaust tonight, and it makes a nice change to find something truly unique and bizarre.. I don't think I've heard a vocalist that sounds so unusual and borderline amusing/haunting on a Black Metal album since Attila's vocal performance on 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas'!
----
03.08.2006 - 07:03
Zombie, M.D.
It actually comes as a bit of a surprise to me that you enjoyed them, Richard. You seemed to be more of an orthodox Black Metal fan to me from your tastes. Never the less, glad you enjoyed it. What did you hear from them?

By the way, their double LP has finally arrived at Goatowarex after a long delay. Its going to cost $40 to ship it from Australia to the US due to the weight of 2 LPs.
----
03.08.2006 - 13:11
Highlander
Account deleted
A British distribution company, I think they are British are selling both albums for a tenner each (£10 each). Might get them.
03.08.2006 - 20:17
Richard
Elite
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 03.08.2006 at 07:03

It actually comes as a bit of a surprise to me that you enjoyed them, Richard. You seemed to be more of an orthodox Black Metal fan to me from your tastes. Never the less, glad you enjoyed it. What did you hear from them?

Full of surprises, me! Last night I'd just heard a couple of songs from each release.. Today I've heard all the 2nd album.

I suppose my tastes are kind of orthodox in that I agree with Southern Wind that the 'ambient' parts are perhaps not my cup of tea..

Written by [user id=833] on 03.08.2006 at 13:11

A British distribution company, I think they are British are selling both albums for a tenner each (£10 each). Might get them.

Are you referring to Supernal Music, Highlander? If so then yeah, it looks like they've got both albums and also the split with Circle Of Ouroborus in stock.
----
11.08.2006 - 07:38
Southern Wind
Account deleted
A very similar band to Urfaust is Circle Of Ouroborus, from Finland... it's also Black Metal with very fucked off clean vocals... they even released a split together, but it's not very good... but CoO's album just released it's very worthy, it's called "Shores".

About Circle Of Ouroborus, I bet you will totally hate the vocals at first (they sound like a nerd whining)... well, not at first, you will actually hate them all the time, but the band still has some interesting elements... just too experimental.
11.08.2006 - 13:02
Highlander
Account deleted
Written by Richard on 03.08.2006 at 20:17

Written by [user id=833] on 03.08.2006 at 13:11

Are you referring to Supernal Music, Highlander? If so then yeah, it looks like they've got both albums and also the split with Circle Of Ouroborus in stock.

Nah, Aurora Borealis it was. But they only have the albums, I love the split with Circle Of Ouroborus
11.08.2006 - 17:03
Zombie, M.D.
Written by [user id=5080] on 11.08.2006 at 07:38

A very similar band to Urfaust is Circle Of Ouroborus, from Finland... it's also Black Metal with very fucked off clean vocals... they even released a split together, but it's not very good... but CoO's album just released it's very worthy, it's called "Shores".

About Circle Of Ouroborus, I bet you will totally hate the vocals at first (they sound like a nerd whining)... well, not at first, you will actually hate them all the time, but the band still has some interesting elements... just too experimental.

I just recieved "Shores" in the mail recently actually. Aside from the Joy Division cover, its quite an excellent release.
----
11.08.2006 - 17:16
Highlander
Account deleted
Is it like the EP material?
11.08.2006 - 17:25
Zombie, M.D.
The only other material Ive heard of theirs is the Urfaust split, so I cant say. Its in the same vein as the material on the split though, but quite a bit superior.
----
11.08.2006 - 18:53
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Refreshing. I really enjoy the haunting ambience and vocals. Not to mention I really like the warm guitar tone. Every now and then you find a band that gives hope to innovation.
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.10.2006 - 01:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daru Jericho on 06.07.2006 at 23:49

I've only got a copy of Geist Ist Tuefel but I've listened to it quite a few times and enjoy it.

haha me too, I like it but those track I , II its I like songs if there are titles, but unitled its some kind a magic too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2006 - 09:53
Vakshay
Account deleted

By the way, their double LP has finally arrived at Goatowarex after a long delay. Its going to cost $40 to ship it from Australia to the US due to the weight of 2 LPs.

Mmm yes I might be getting that, for $25 AUD hahaha...haven't heard them yet but I'm planning to get some stuff of theirs. Goatowarex is having a mad sale soon where I shall be stocking up, hopefully Urfaust will be amongst it. I've heard Verrarischer.....(II) is a bit better than Geist ist Teufel too,
17.11.2006 - 07:37
Zombie, M.D.
Written by [user id=4838] on 16.11.2006 at 09:53

Mmm yes I might be getting that, for $25 AUD hahaha...haven't heard them yet but I'm planning to get some stuff of theirs. Goatowarex is having a mad sale soon where I shall be stocking up, hopefully Urfaust will be amongst it. I've heard Verrarischer.....(II) is a bit better than Geist ist Teufel too,

Fucking Goatowarex ripped me off on that. I never recieved any LP in the mail and when I tried to contact the dude he never replied. Fucking prick.

And I think Geist ist Teufel is better than the second album.
----
17.11.2006 - 08:44
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Urfaust kick ass, I love the rambling clean vocals and the whole atmosphere.
17.11.2006 - 09:22
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 17.11.2006 at 07:37

Fucking Goatowarex ripped me off on that. I never recieved any LP in the mail and when I tried to contact the dude he never replied. Fucking prick.

And I think Geist ist Teufel is better than the second album.

Not surprising, Dani doesn't have a very good rep here in Australia either, the fag. He was the one responsible for the production of every one of those lln bootlegs by the way (he supposedly runs Tragic Empire), whores out releases and shit for free to randoms etc...generally dodgy dude but the last order I got from him arrived ok.....