Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Bassist Peter Iwers Leaving The Band

In Flames are losing another long-time member. After drummer Daniel Svensson left last year, to be replaced by Joe Rickard, now is bassist Peter Iwers who departs to "pursue other endeavours". He's been in the band since 1997 and will leave after the band's U.S. tour dates with Hellyeah which will last until December.

He explained his departure: "Friends, I have decided to leave In Flames to pursue other endeavours. As a result, this current US tour will be my last one with In Flames so if you are around, come and say hi. It has been almost 20 years of fun and I am eternally grateful to you all for all the support you have given me and the rest of the guys throughout all these years. You made it all possible. Now is the time for me to move on with other musical and non musical adventures. I wish the very best to Niclas, Anders, Björn & Joe. Hope to see all you Jesterheads down the road in my future endeavors. Follow my instagram @peteriwers for updates May the force be with you. Sincerely, Peter."

Courtesy of the band

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 29.11.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   Visited by: 215 users
29.11.2016 - 22:12
drummercrm
Damn just as they were about to get good again too
29.11.2016 - 22:27
EmeraldSword
Excellent, dream wish that he would start a new old school In Flames act with Jesper Strömblad, Glenn Ljungström, and Daniel Svensson.
29.11.2016 - 23:39
Joppe Denton
Steelemeister
Well, now they cannot be even called as an Inflames cover band because they don't sound like Inflames anymore. RIP I guess
----
My vision is augmented
30.11.2016 - 04:25
IBlackened
It's a sinking ship.
----
Their old stuff is better.
30.11.2016 - 05:37
Litvin
There is no such band as In Flames since like about 2004 anyway, ok may be like 2006. All they doing now is playing same themes as Friden did with his other band called Passenger.

R.I.P.
30.11.2016 - 05:38
Litvin
Written by EmeraldSword on 29.11.2016 at 22:27

Excellent, dream wish that he would start a new old school In Flames act with Jesper Strömblad, Glenn Ljungström, and Daniel Svensson.

That is what I first thought )
30.11.2016 - 06:01
EmeraldSword
Written by Litvin on 30.11.2016 at 05:37

There is no such band as In Flames since like about 2004 anyway, ok may be like 2006. All they doing now is playing same themes as Friden did with his other band called Passenger.

R.I.P.

Yeah... sometimes I wonder if the other members liked the major shift in styles in this last decade or were they just going along with what Anders wanted or what other record dealers told them to play? Like.. maybe they were convinced they would achieve critical success in mainstream sales and when their long time fan base got pissed, they felt ostracized yet committed to their musical evolution they embarked on... I feel like Sonata Arctica took a similar evolution in trying to evolve their own style away from grass roots signature sound, yet alienated their large fan base while picking up new fans. Did they think a new album played in the old 90s early 00s would be a regression?
30.11.2016 - 10:17
Kuroboshi

R.I.P.

Sure, but Passenger is better than new IF.
30.11.2016 - 11:45
FYA
Destroyer
Written by IBlackened on 30.11.2016 at 04:25

It's a sinking ship.

Walking "Wheeeere The Dead Ships Dwell", these are shores I leeeeeft behiiiiiind...
30.11.2016 - 12:15
Lemonyrhus
Written by Kuroboshi on 30.11.2016 at 10:17

R.I.P.

Fuck yeah. Too bad they released only one album, maybe the new In Flames wouldn't have sound like this and they could focus on real Gothenburg sound.
----
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/The_cyrhus
30.11.2016 - 12:21
s_t_s
Reminds me of the old Megadeth song "Countdown To Extinction". Sorry that was too easy... Who do we have left ? 2 members ?
30.11.2016 - 12:56
Pitwulf93
Written by EmeraldSword on 30.11.2016 at 06:01

R.I.P.

Yeah... sometimes I wonder if the other members liked the major shift in styles in this last decade or were they just going along with what Anders wanted or what other record dealers told them to play? Like.. maybe they were convinced they would achieve critical success in mainstream sales and when their long time fan base got pissed, they felt ostracized yet committed to their musical evolution they embarked on... I feel like Sonata Arctica took a similar evolution in trying to evolve their own style away from grass roots signature sound, yet alienated their large fan base while picking up new fans. Did they think a new album played in the old 90s early 00s would be a regression?

I think Sonata did it pretty well actually. To me each album tried something different while still keeping that trademark Sonata sound. And sure, Ecliptica is still the best album they've put out but every album had some pretty strong songs. As long as they NEVER make a Shitload of Money part 2...
30.11.2016 - 13:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
He must be pissed that his brother gets to play some great melodeath with Dark Tranquillity
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
30.11.2016 - 13:43
FeskarN
Written by Darkside Momo on 30.11.2016 at 13:40

He must be pissed that his brother gets to play some great melodeath with Dark Tranquillity

Yeah, exatcly my thoughts too
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.11.2016 - 14:38
Reaper_Redeemer
Oh he got late
30.11.2016 - 15:45
Opethian
LMFAO!!!! Yeah this cover band is over. Please change the name.
30.11.2016 - 16:24
Joe Zombie
Here's to hoping he'll get in touch with Jesper and make some kickass tunes with the old IF gang!
30.11.2016 - 21:49
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Joe Zombie on 30.11.2016 at 16:24

Here's to hoping he'll get in touch with Jesper and make some kickass tunes with the old IF gang!

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/ex-in-flames-guitarist-jesper-stromblad-has-a-new-band-with-in-flames-bassist
30.11.2016 - 21:56
MyNameJeff
These guys need to fucking quit, the music they release is garbage and they should all feel terrible for writing it.
Like, come on! Please just end it. Their name has been tarnished enough...
30.11.2016 - 22:45
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by BloodJuNkie on 30.11.2016 at 21:49

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/ex-in-flames-guitarist-jesper-stromblad-has-a-new-band-with-in-flames-bassist

well that was fast. Curious to see who'll complete the line-up and what they'll play.
----

I am awake"
30.11.2016 - 23:31
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Darkside Momo on 30.11.2016 at 22:45

well that was fast. Curious to see who'll complete the line-up and what they'll play.

Either way it'll be better than their recent album..
30.11.2016 - 23:51
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by BloodJuNkie on 30.11.2016 at 23:31

Either way it'll be better than their recent album..

would be quite a feat to do worse indeed
----

I am awake"
01.12.2016 - 03:28
Litvin
Written by Lemonyrhus on 30.11.2016 at 12:15

Written by Kuroboshi on 30.11.2016 at 10:17

R.I.P.

Fuck yeah. Too bad they released only one album, maybe the new In Flames wouldn't have sound like this and they could focus on real Gothenburg sound.

Friden do not wanna to play Gothenburg any more that is the thing.
01.12.2016 - 17:12
Rot Teufel
Another heavy nail on In Flames coffin after Strombland and Svensson departures.
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
01.12.2016 - 17:24
s_t_s

Could be nice to see them back together in a good band. I tried to listen to Jesper's band, The Resistance, but it sounds pretty mediocre imo. Wonder who used to write tracks for In Flames when they used to make good music. Anyway a band without a singer isn't much and I liked Anders voice. Fingers crossed then but no real expectation either
01.12.2016 - 17:54
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by s_t_s on 01.12.2016 at 17:24

Could be nice to see them back together in a good band. I tried to listen to Jesper's band, The Resistance, but it sounds pretty mediocre imo. Wonder who used to write tracks for In Flames when they used to make good music. Anyway a band without a singer isn't much and I liked Anders voice. Fingers crossed then but no real expectation either

Well, first of all i agree with you about The Resistance. It's heavy but a bit bland. Enjoyed only a track or two as far as i remember. Secondly, the ones who used to contribute the most in making their music earlier were Jesper and Bjorn, especially the lyrics. Since Anders interfered and it started to go down and now they come with Battles, a below average release. I loved all their albums even Sounds of a Playground Fading (which is pretty awesome musically compared to the recent releases) and Siren Charms too that i didn't get at the beginning but later i loved it. Can't really understand Battles it's bad under many measurements. I agree with you about Anders' vocals I like them but now they have changed A LOT and not the same anymore. I love his vocals until Come Clarity album. Now if you look at him at his live shows he struggles a lot and his harsh vocals has changed from death metal vocals into Breaking Benjamin harsh vocals .. I really can't imagine In Flames without Anders but I don't mind it as long as it's outstanding musically!
02.12.2016 - 10:17
s_t_s
Written by BloodJuNkie on 01.12.2016 at 17:54

Well, first of all i agree with you about The Resistance. It's heavy but a bit bland. Enjoyed only a track or two as far as i remember. Secondly, the ones who used to contribute the most in making their music earlier were Jesper and Bjorn, especially the lyrics. Since Anders interfered and it started to go down and now they come with Battles, a below average release. I loved all their albums even Sounds of a Playground Fading (which is pretty awesome musically compared to the recent releases) and Siren Charms too that i didn't get at the beginning but later i loved it. Can't really understand Battles it's bad under many measurements. I agree with you about Anders' vocals I like them but now they have changed A LOT and not the same anymore. I love his vocals until Come Clarity album. Now if you look at him at his live shows he struggles a lot and his harsh vocals has changed from death metal vocals into Breaking Benjamin harsh vocals .. I really can't imagine In Flames without Anders but I don't mind it as long as it's outstanding musically!

Think that the last time I saw in Flames play on stage was in 2013 at the last edition of Sonisphere Festival (in France) and at that time Anders still had a nice voice. Yet most of the band started to look pretty bored on stage... Wasn't a good sign while a band like Dark Tranquillity always seems so happy to be performing in front of their audience !

Oh by the way I think that when Daniel quit the band he also gave up music, right ? No chance to see him join forces with Jesper and Peter ?
02.12.2016 - 12:02
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by s_t_s on 02.12.2016 at 10:17

Think that the last time I saw in Flames play on stage was in 2013 at the last edition of Sonisphere Festival (in France) and at that time Anders still had a nice voice. Yet most of the band started to look pretty bored on stage... Wasn't a good sign while a band like Dark Tranquillity always seems so happy to be performing in front of their audience !

Oh by the way I think that when Daniel quit the band he also gave up music, right ? No chance to see him join forces with Jesper and Peter ?

Yes he said he wanted to spend more time with his family. Well, I would feel the same if i'm not enjoying my work anymore but he might change his mind because why not.
02.12.2016 - 12:06
s_t_s
Written by BloodJuNkie on 02.12.2016 at 12:02

Yes he said he wanted to spend more time with his family. Well, I would feel the same if i'm not enjoying my work anymore but he might change his mind because why not.

Now to speak the truth I am not sure a drummer makes a big difference in a band. Don't know if Daniel used to take part into the song writing or not. Would be nice tho to see members of In Flames in a new (and great ?) band. No big expectations tho.
02.12.2016 - 16:54
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by s_t_s on 02.12.2016 at 12:06

Written by BloodJuNkie on 02.12.2016 at 12:02

Now to speak the truth I am not sure a drummer makes a big difference in a band. Don't know if Daniel used to take part into the song writing or not. Would be nice tho to see members of In Flames in a new (and great ?) band. No big expectations tho.

Well i was going to say that Yeah a drummer doesn't make such a big difference but there are exceptions. Like Eloy (if i remember his name rightly) from Sepultura. The dude is young and his drum plays are so awesome. Expectations shouldn't be high yeah but I'm sure it will be way better than Battles, like WAY better!

Hits total: 3800 | This month: 9