Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
01.01.2008 - 21:47
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Lowelas:Wahaha.DeMaio is a very dirty guy,indeed.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
03.01.2008 - 13:51
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by [user id=160] on 01.01.2008 at 01:08

@dimholt: indeed lol.
hey, did anyone ever see that one interview of Manowar where they're on a German talkshow? and Joey DeMaio says that the reason why Manowar play so loud is so that the vibrations from the loudness will bring pleasure to the female fans

why do you try to be so politely "bring pleasure to the female fans".what kind of Manowar fan are you. I remember he said "orgasm" if you mean that interview with German comedian who I don't remember his name and then Eric and Scott put their shoes on the table: "BIG DICK"------"ME TOO"
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
03.01.2008 - 19:13
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@dimholt: oh well excuse me . and yeah that's the one.
04.01.2008 - 13:47
Opium
Account deleted
The coolest news ever

I'm sure all you Manowar fans will go crazy over this, if it happens to you too.

I'm a bit skeptical about the authienticity of these stories, but there's only one way to find out, buy more Manowar merch!
04.01.2008 - 14:18
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Opium: yeah it's a nice publicity stunt...even if it is real. I would be quite surprised if I got a call from a band who's stuff I just bought.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
04.01.2008 - 19:22
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Opium: wtf? no way
05.01.2008 - 16:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Baz why my forum report about manowar ballads was rejected 4-5 months ago
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2008 - 17:47
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Elodie Artour: lol yes , did you see this footage?

@Kariasakis7: Wait, you reported the Manowar ballads thread? What's wrong with it?
05.01.2008 - 17:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=160] on 05.01.2008 at 17:47

@Kariasakis7: Wait, you reported the Manowar ballads thread? What's wrong with it?

Why a separate topic about their ballads? when there is already a normal topic about them? what's next? manowar mid-tempo songs forum? manowar up-tempo songs forum? manowar pop songs forum? etc.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2008 - 18:05
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2008 at 17:52

Why a separate topic about their ballads? when there is already a normal topic about them? what's next? manowar mid-tempo songs forum? manowar up-tempo songs forum? manowar pop songs forum? etc.

Okay, and I see your point. But obviously it doesn't bother many of the mods......I mean just look at other bands in these forums.....Like Judas Priest, there is a normal topic for them, a topic about their '70's albums and a Poll about their ballads.
05.01.2008 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Yes I did report when it was opened, but it was rejected or staff didnt saw it
Wrat once sad discss it in band tread and I agree about it
if someone open Slayer - Seaosn of Abss tread
Slayer - South of heaven tread staff will lock it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2008 - 00:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: well I think Baz saw it, it's now locked
07.01.2008 - 06:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 05.01.2008 at 19:43

Yes I did report when it was opened, but it was rejected or staff didnt saw it
Wrat once sad discss it in band tread and I agree about it
if someone open Slayer - Seaosn of Abss tread
Slayer - South of heaven tread staff will lock it

Yeah Im surprised it took as long as it did to get locked.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.01.2008 - 13:51
Son of Odin
Manowar is one of my fav bands, but I have to say that I got a little disappointed on the new album...
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
13.01.2008 - 15:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
yes - "a little" me too, but still they are one of the bests in my eyes
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.01.2008 - 02:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Son of Odin on 13.01.2008 at 13:51

Manowar is one of my fav bands, but I have to say that I got a little disappointed on the new album...

Me as well. I think it was mostly because so many songs got interrupted by spoken word parts and there were far too many overtures/songs that were just orchestra, not actually Manowar.
----
- George Carlin
19.01.2008 - 15:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
why i dont know why people are saying "Manowar - book"
----

19.01.2008 - 19:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 19.01.2008 at 15:56

why i dont know why people are saying "Manowar - book"

Book? What do you mean?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.01.2008 - 19:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i dont know, thats it...but i opened a discusion theme about Manowar on one Czech site and 3/4 of comments (by various users, not by one spammer) are "Manowar - book" or just "book"...so i wonder what it means
----

19.01.2008 - 20:04
Elodie Artour
Slania

@Elodie Artour: lol yes , did you see this footage?

Nope,I haven't.Have you got a link?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.01.2008 - 22:12
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock and Son of Odin: wow, that's a shame, being Epic is Manowar's thing and that's their most epic album of all, so much anthems lol and it's like a concept album too.

@Elodie Artour: Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfW7P185k58&feature=related
20.01.2008 - 07:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Lowelas
Thats the thing, the decent songs were really good, but those were few and far between. There was no "just OK" song on that album, the songs were either dreadful unnecessary interludes and overtures (which there was FARRRRRR too many of, you cant deny that), or they were great classic Manowar tracks, unfortunately the stupid interludes and overtures and such (the tracks consistingly only of orchestra shit, no bass, guitars heavy drums or Eric Adams screaming on top.) for me to enjoy the album the entire way through.
----
- George Carlin
20.01.2008 - 07:59
Son of Odin
Written by Doc G. on 14.01.2008 at 02:22

Written by Son of Odin on 13.01.2008 at 13:51

Me as well. I think it was mostly because so many songs got interrupted by spoken word parts and there were far too many overtures/songs that were just orchestra, not actually Manowar.

Yeah, couldnt agree more, lets hope for more songs and less spoken words on the next album...in 5-6 years...
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
20.01.2008 - 08:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=12867] on 04.01.2008 at 13:47

The coolest news ever

I'm sure all you Manowar fans will go crazy over this, if it happens to you too.

I'm a bit skeptical about the authienticity of these stories, but there's only one way to find out, buy more Manowar merch!

Well, as outrageous as it seems, it would surprise me, Manowar have been pretty dedicated to the fans since the start. They probably just kept an eye on who was ordering from where and pulled a few names out of a hat. Another thing Manowar do is aparently if you travel from another country to go to a Manowar concert, you get a free tshirt if you show your passport that shows your from another country (from what I hear).
----
- George Carlin
20.01.2008 - 08:18
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 20.01.2008 at 08:12

The coolest news ever

Well, as outrageous as it seems, it would surprise me, Manowar have been pretty dedicated to the fans since the start. They probably just kept an eye on who was ordering from where and pulled a few names out of a hat. Another thing Manowar do is aparently if you travel from another country to go to a Manowar concert, you get a free tshirt if you show your passport that shows your from another country (from what I hear).

Proof would mean much more Right now one thing is just as unbelievable as the other. Even something indicating they do these acts, say, on their website would actually give us something to look forward to than just hope for
20.01.2008 - 08:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=12867] on 20.01.2008 at 08:18

The coolest news ever

Proof would mean much more Right now one thing is just as unbelievable as the other. Even something indicating they do these acts, say, on their website would actually give us something to look forward to than just hope for

The one about the free tshirt im almost positive I read about in the liner notes for 'Hail To England' (the re-release)
----
- George Carlin
20.01.2008 - 08:37
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 20.01.2008 at 08:33

Written by [user id=12867] on 20.01.2008 at 08:18

The coolest news ever

The one about the free tshirt im almost positive I read about in the liner notes for 'Hail To England' (the re-release)

Ah, cool. I don't own it, so I couldn't have known
20.01.2008 - 12:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hey! i have listened to Gods Of War recently...and well, maybe it aren´t "old good Manowar", but those orchestral overtures are fantastic anyway, the narrating is good as well and most of the songs i enjoy...so what ?
----

24.01.2008 - 16:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
I got bored man, they're good, but they bore me, I want Kings Of Metal sound ahhahha
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.01.2008 - 17:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
and i want glorious songs like Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors...and i received it so...
----