Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - All Shows Canceled

Finland's extreme power metal outfit Wintersun have canceled all scheduled shows in 2009 due to further problems with the completion of their album "Time". The band's frontman Jari Mäenpää posted the following message on the band's official website:

"There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There's also some personal problems concerning my apartment.

Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer's blocks". This album making is now turned into such a "risky business", that I have no [choice], but to cancel Summerbreeze and Bloodstock.

The thing is, the album has to be done first, before we can play any shows. Playing just old songs after many years isn't something we want to do and what probably no one wants to see.

After the album has been mixed, I need to mix again a "backuptrack livemix" (of the synths&orchestrations). Then we have to of course practise the new songs and arrange them into "live format" (especially mine and Teemu's guitar parts). We also need to update our humble live gear.

All these arrangements take time, so we don't want to risk it, that we might have to cancel the shows last minute. It must be done now and put finishing the album the number one priority. After the album is done, we will start booking shows again.

I know there's lots of disappointed people and I have to apologize. But I hope that you..ll understand my decision under these circumstances. I have to put the album first and finish it before we play any shows. Thanks for listening!

Jari"

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 02.03.2009 by Sjuk

Comments page 2 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 122   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 669 users
02.03.2009 - 06:19
HPereira
Again? Is he building his own amps or something?

What a waste... He is probably rewriting all the stuff or whatever.... This is pretty annoying and it doesnt make any sense.

geez
02.03.2009 - 07:05
Akke920
But hey guys, the longest it will probably take for this album to be released is like... 17 years? I mean... Guns n Roses did it!
02.03.2009 - 07:13
Uller
In The judgment day we all will be listening the finally released Time..... Lol
----
02.03.2009 - 07:15
Fhuesc
Written by green11420 on 02.03.2009 at 05:04

Duke Nukem: Forever

With the small difference that DN doesn't blame "unexpected problems with technology"
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
02.03.2009 - 07:26
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Harlequin on 02.03.2009 at 02:20

I can foresee the future!
Yesterday I predicted the album will be renamed in "Later"! This will happen!
"Time" is kind of turning into the Duke Nukem of the metal scene.

Or maybe the never released "Starcraft: Ghost"?

The thing is that Jari is really under pressure, why? maybe he has nothing written, not even a song, and surely Nuclear Blast is angry, really angry, they are mad, and Jari is playing with madness, well, after the release of the album (some day in the future in a galaxy far far away...) we will see if he can beat all the expectations done in the past years, but I think that is not going to happen (cof cof Guns N' Roses cof cof).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.03.2009 - 07:47
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Though I could care less about Wintersun's music (at least the first disc), I have to say this is what the problem is with "hype" about your album, and why only artists who feed off publicity for sales or artists who are very productive should use hype to market themselves. I still think it's much classier to only update the fans once a release date is set with a finished product than to throw little carrots out all the time to keep us interested. Obviously he's trying to make Wintersun's next album a quality one, why not just tell us about it when it's done All the hype is just destroying what's left of the band's reputation IMO...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.03.2009 - 08:47
kaos666
Written by Doc G. on 02.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Warman on 02.03.2009 at 01:37

No surprise...

Yeah, seriously.

How much you wanna bet he hasn't even started?

Hahaha! I think we can safely change the album title name to 'Finnish Democracy'. We should wait another 18 years until it is actually released and then only our mass marketed children might be slightly interested!
02.03.2009 - 08:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by kaos666 on 02.03.2009 at 08:47

Written by Doc G. on 02.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Warman on 02.03.2009 at 01:37

No surprise...

Yeah, seriously.

How much you wanna bet he hasn't even started?

Hahaha! I think we can safely change the album title name to 'Finnish Democracy'. We should wait another 18 years until it is actually released and then only our mass marketed children might be slightly interested!

Good plan, and we can make full-page spreads in magazines talking about what an asshole Jari is.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.03.2009 - 09:10
annodomini
I'm just curious: Why they announced about this album so early... They could just say we are in writing process... Promotional shit...
----
the riddle wants to be...
02.03.2009 - 09:51
Vrana
Pffff. I don't even care anymore. For how many years have we been waiting for this album?
02.03.2009 - 10:51
Feng
Dear god! More delays? What the hell are they doing to create all these technical problems??
Seems like Time is never gonna come out. Its just been one delay after another.
02.03.2009 - 11:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
And that's why the album is called Time
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.03.2009 - 11:45
Harlequin
Jari has decided to make an a capella album. Thus, he is practicing hard to get this freaky "guitar sound" with his voice..
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
02.03.2009 - 11:56
baldur
Damn, i wanted to see them at summer breeze this year
02.03.2009 - 12:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by baldur on 02.03.2009 at 11:56

Damn, i wanted to see them at summer breeze this year

But now at least you'll get a better band
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.03.2009 - 13:28
Abattoir
Staff
Well nothing new in these news. Time will tell as always. About the cancelled shows don't worry to much, cuz there will be definitely lots of it after the release (I hope somewhere in autumn).
02.03.2009 - 13:57
Enissa
Think Its gonna be released for the next generation.....
02.03.2009 - 14:00
kaos666
Written by Harlequin on 02.03.2009 at 11:45

Jari has decided to make an a capella album. Thus, he is practicing hard to get this freaky "guitar sound" with his voice..

He's probably slightly pissed that Van Canto beat him to the punch.

I'm sure in the next year or so Warrior Soul will release an album called 'Time' in honor of all the delays.
02.03.2009 - 14:02
Asitis
.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Pwned.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
02.03.2009 - 14:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by kaos666 on 02.03.2009 at 14:00

Written by Harlequin on 02.03.2009 at 11:45

He's probably slightly pissed that Van Canto beat him to the punch.

I'm sure in the next year or so Warrior Soul will release an album called 'Time' in honor of all the delays.

PLease help me out, but what does Warrior Soul have to do with all this Wintersun stuff?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.03.2009 - 14:55
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by flamey on 02.03.2009 at 00:35

Epic.

Epic Fail. This is ridiculous
02.03.2009 - 15:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
Pathetic
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.03.2009 - 15:03
Janne
Hugin
..how surprising
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
02.03.2009 - 15:13
Montural
Account deleted
Oh comon man ... what the fuck is that ..... waiting for the new shit looooooooong time ... and now u come out with that shit..... 5 fucken years for an album witch have less then 9 or 8 tracks..... the fact is, that u and the band are just tooooooooo lazy....
02.03.2009 - 16:14
ms68
I'm sure all of this bad conditions made Jari Mäenpää to create a masterpiece tragic album again
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
02.03.2009 - 16:19
MetalManic
I don't know why so many of you are being so impatient. I am pretty sure if I had to pour my entire life into something that 70% of the fans will find to download for free, I would be a little less concerned with completion and moreso so focused on basic elements of survival (apartment=shelter) and mental well-being. The albums will be completed...one day. A few months after its release the fans will be starving for more. With the dload issue in mind, that is something to look forward to
02.03.2009 - 16:30
juanopereira
I'm tired of waiting for this album. I hope it sounds great.
02.03.2009 - 16:36
YoreLore
I am still waiting on a Lost Horizon album , so be patient at least Wintersun have a vocalist!
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
02.03.2009 - 16:43
Judas
The Amputator
Ahahahahaha, AGAIN???

I'm actually livid, but what can be done?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
02.03.2009 - 16:49
Piro
Wow, it's become obvious that Jari is simply becoming extremely lazy. Comon, just look at his lame excuses

Stress and Writers Block have been delaying the album for years now. I used to have hope for this, but lets face it. Wintersun is most likely done.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>

Hits total: 9148 | This month: 19