Metal Storm logo
Epica vs After Forever

Original post

Posted by DarkMistress, 24.07.2006 - 21:13
i find these bands in the same line, they have wonderful female front voices, grunts, good musical composition, great chorus

i´ll stay with After Forever, found them before Epica and they´re just After Forever

Poll

which one do you think is the best?

epica
after forever

Total votes: 129
02.12.2007 - 07:02
VPeter
Epica, just for the fact I can't stand After forever's vocals.
02.12.2007 - 13:52
albatros
I didn't vote at all.

I used to be a die-hard After Forever fan,but after Exordium they changed their style to something I call "American" out of a lack of better words. After Forever currently sounds like a musical score for a movie or a stage musical. That's nothing, that will reach my heart. Despite the incredible talent that is assembled in the band, they lost me totally. Still I occasionally go there to see the familiar faces and hear the old jewels. They seem to gain a lot of new fans, so that is fine with me. They have done so much for me and I wish them success and satisfaction above all.

I'm watching Epica with interest. For a long time I felt Simone had a hard time to adapt to the ambitious songwriting. Or I felt the songwriting did not make best use of Simones capabilities at the time. The song "Cry for the moon" is a notable exception, in which she really shone brilliantly.
I haven't heard them live for quite a while. I think, over the years Simone has notably improved her voice and I'm looking forward to see the band again soon.

So, as neither band is best for me personally, I couldn't vote. I'm glad, that both of them have increased their share of faithful fans.
06.02.2008 - 07:10
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
I'm sooooo confused why the hell are people putting more votes for epica than after forever well this is just fucked up!
If people are voting for Simone cause of "her looks" That is just pathetic she isn't even that pretty
First of all After forever overall better music,more originality,way better female;e vocalist(WAY BETTER) BETTER LYRICS AND fLOOR SINGS AMAZING LIVE! Simone just sounds like another singer more like a pop singer so It's obvious for me after forever and someone said they can't stand Floor's voice YOU SUCK!;D
09.02.2008 - 00:27
Raziel X
I know Epica only from a live show at Masters of Rock 2007, I liked them, but their show there couldnt be compared to After Forever's at the same festival... AF made the best show of the festival, among bands like CoB, Stratovarius, HammerFall, Motorhead etc.
My vote goes for AF, definitely. First reason is that Floor Jansen is just awesome vocalist (and so hot ). The second one is the prog-metal keyboardist, who really shows his skill (on new Ayreon too ).
The new album of AF just rules...
12.02.2008 - 06:46
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Epica! All the way....

I only listen to a few AF songs.....they're good though....

But I listen to all Epica cds

Doesnt prove a point but oh well.
14.02.2008 - 14:47
Abattoir
Staff
They are both good bands. But I choose After Forever...just a little details, nothing special
14.02.2008 - 15:55
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by APOHAKC on 29.11.2007 at 14:58

Epica, cause their singer is hotter than the one in After Forever.

hahaha that make me laugh good one XD
----
Stay Metal !!!
15.02.2008 - 04:29
Rekkuza
Written by [user id=26940] on 06.02.2008 at 07:10

I'm sooooo confused why the hell are people putting more votes for epica than after forever well this is just fucked up!
If people are voting for Simone cause of "her looks" That is just pathetic she isn't even that pretty
First of all After forever overall better music,more originality,way better female;e vocalist(WAY BETTER) BETTER LYRICS AND fLOOR SINGS AMAZING LIVE! Simone just sounds like another singer more like a pop singer so It's obvious for me after forever and someone said they can't stand Floor's voice YOU SUCK!;D

....Calm down honey.

I personally think Epica's vocalist is better, because I really don't see anything that is special about Floor's voice. Well, besides the fact that she has an amazing range. Then again, so does Simone. The reason why Epica is getting more votes than AF is because I think they are a bit more well-known than AF. Therefore, people tend just vote for Epica without hearing much of the other band. They both are pretty impressive, as I am listening to Floor's voice right now. But, I have to go for Epica, just because she's a tad prettier xD. Don't kill me.
15.02.2008 - 22:03
iaberis
Advice Troll
definitely Epica. After Forever is too operatic for me and I can't stand them. furthermore I can't resist the red-hair girls
----
Bitch! Please
16.02.2008 - 14:32
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT FLOOR'S VOICE? EXCUSE ME? you need to hear my pledge of allegiance that song showcases the beauty and passion in her voice while simone is weak and there is defiantly nothing special about her voice and Floor is mcuh better looking than Simone and I will not calm down LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE IN VOTES? ahha don't make me laugh simone has a great range as if Floor is the one with a great range voting for looks is pathetic looks mean nothing the voice is the real key here even Vibeke stene has a better range than simone
16.02.2008 - 20:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=26940] on 16.02.2008 at 14:32

...and Floor is mcuh better looking than Simone...

that is something to do with persoinal taste and on this poitn it totally and utterly disagree with you. Floor Janse is just a plain looking typically Dutch girl you come across here on the streets a lot whereas Simone is much more unique, more feminine and better looking in my opinion.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.02.2008 - 22:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2008 at 20:20

that is something to do with persoinal taste and on this poitn it totally and utterly disagree with you. Floor Janse is just a plain looking typically Dutch girl you come across here on the streets a lot whereas Simone is much more unique, more feminine and better looking in my opinion.

I agree about it I like Simona better too, but I dont know what hepen if we all vote in polls because singe rlook better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.02.2008 - 00:40
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
OOOO This thread should have been....

"Who's much better looking.... Simone Vs Floor."

Simone has my vote. Nonetheless.

ahhaha
17.02.2008 - 11:09
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2008 at 20:20

Plain looking umm no? she is beautiful and when it comes to their voice simone is just an average singer nothing special at all and to me she isn't that pretty at all To me the prettiet is Vibeke stene and simone is unique as a blonde bimbo in america
17.02.2008 - 11:10
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 02.12.2007 at 07:02

you suck
17.02.2008 - 11:11
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
I don't see how Simone is better looking she is plain looking Floor is the beautiful one
17.02.2008 - 11:12
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
Written by [user id=20800] on 17.02.2008 at 00:40

OOOO This thread should have been....

"Who's much better looking.... Simone Vs Floor."

Simone has my vote. Nonetheless.

ahhaha

your mean
17.02.2008 - 21:49
Elodie Artour
Slania

Which ones,actually?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
17.02.2008 - 22:06
VPeter
Floor's

Pale Enchantress: calm down lady why should you care about mine opinion?
17.02.2008 - 22:37
john_mcc
After Forever.

Mark Jansen's best work ever was on the first 2 After Forever albums, and Floor is a much, much better singer than Simone. Also, after seeing both bands live a few times - After Forever got better and better every time that I seen them, they put on a fantastic show, put out alot of energy onstage and even playing mostly songs from their last 2 albums (which I am less keen on) managed to keep me interested. Truly a great live act. Epica did impress me the first time that I seen them, impressed me less the second time, started to bore me the 3rd time and then totally bored me the 4th time, like a film that you had seen too many times before.
18.02.2008 - 08:16
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
Because I care about what People say about floor jansen when she has a phenomenal voice
18.02.2008 - 21:00
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by [user id=26940] on 18.02.2008 at 08:16

Because I care about what People say about floor jansen when she has a phenomenal voice

I'll have to agree with you about that because this is a fact.
Floor's great,and she also does much better work than Simone,even on live performances.Although I've never seen neither AF,nor Epica live(I've only seen and heard some stuff on the Internet),I must admit,last year Epica's performances became not quite good,as they used to be before. : Simone has both improved and started to ruin her voice,which I actually like very much(I prefer Floor's vocals,though).
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.02.2008 - 21:32
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
^^^^ I'd have to agree with Simone ruining her voice..... I like the operatic vocals on The Phantom Agony and... the vocals on Consign to Oblivion.. But the new album is still good.

aww Pale Enchantress.... Dont get me wrong... I dont hate AF. I think Floor looks pretty as well. But I've always admired Simone. It's the same as you with your admiration of Floor. And Im not trying to be mean or anything.
20.02.2008 - 09:05
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
IMO Vibeke is my fav singer and is prettiest
20.02.2008 - 09:05
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
PEOPLE VOTE FOR AF THIS IS UNFAIR!
20.02.2008 - 09:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=26940] on 20.02.2008 at 09:05

Stop shouting and whining. People's tastes differ, live with it. Just because you are such a huge After Forever fan doesn't mean that other people prefer AF over Epica.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.02.2008 - 10:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26940] on 17.02.2008 at 11:10

you suck

Stop insulting other members
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2008 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2008 at 09:10

Written by [user id=26940] on 20.02.2008 at 09:05

Stop shouting and whining. People's tastes differ, live with it. Just because you are such a huge After Forever fan doesn't mean that other people prefer AF over Epica.

Isnt Pale Enchantress post some kind a spam and insult here
Read all he rposts and you will see almoust simmilar to this one non sence
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2008 - 16:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=26940] on 22.02.2008 at 07:20

...EPICA ARE GREEDY BUGGERSLOL

Epica greedy?

Hahahaha since when? You clearly have never met them on a personal level.
One of the least greedy people in the world is Mark Janssen. Last year he took part in bicycle race in France to raise money for WWF. That can't be considered greedy, now can it?
Btw, AF aren't greedy either, even Within Temptation aren't really greedy.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.02.2008 - 11:33
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
I meant as in votes