Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - All Shows Canceled

Finland's extreme power metal outfit Wintersun have canceled all scheduled shows in 2009 due to further problems with the completion of their album "Time". The band's frontman Jari Mäenpää posted the following message on the band's official website:

"There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There's also some personal problems concerning my apartment.

Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer's blocks". This album making is now turned into such a "risky business", that I have no [choice], but to cancel Summerbreeze and Bloodstock.

The thing is, the album has to be done first, before we can play any shows. Playing just old songs after many years isn't something we want to do and what probably no one wants to see.

After the album has been mixed, I need to mix again a "backuptrack livemix" (of the synths&orchestrations). Then we have to of course practise the new songs and arrange them into "live format" (especially mine and Teemu's guitar parts). We also need to update our humble live gear.

All these arrangements take time, so we don't want to risk it, that we might have to cancel the shows last minute. It must be done now and put finishing the album the number one priority. After the album is done, we will start booking shows again.

I know there's lots of disappointed people and I have to apologize. But I hope that you..ll understand my decision under these circumstances. I have to put the album first and finish it before we play any shows. Thanks for listening!

Jari"

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 02.03.2009 by Sjuk

Comments page 4 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 122   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 669 users
03.03.2009 - 16:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.03.2009 at 16:04

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2009 at 15:36

Written by [user id=20536] on 03.03.2009 at 06:17

...we all have bands we don't like, like Celtic Frost for example...worst load of crap I've ever heard and for some reason, people get down on their knees for that band.

Like BitterCOld said, I actually think they are a load of crap as well, although do slightly enjoy their last album.

See, I knew Marcel was a Wintersun fan, he's just been trying to hide it. He "slightly enjoys" the last album? We all know what that really means, he just loves it but can't admit it.

Hahahaha you misunderstood my post because I was referring to Monotheist by Celtic Frost and not to Wintersun at all
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2009 - 16:31
MeloDeathViking
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2009 at 16:12

Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.03.2009 at 16:04

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2009 at 15:36

...we all have bands we don't like, like Celtic Frost for example...worst load of crap I've ever heard and for some reason, people get down on their knees for that band.

Like BitterCOld said, I actually think they are a load of crap as well, although do slightly enjoy their last album.

See, I knew Marcel was a Wintersun fan, he's just been trying to hide it. He "slightly enjoys" the last album? We all know what that really means, he just loves it but can't admit it.

Hahahaha you misunderstood my post because I was referring to Monotheist by Celtic Frost and not to Wintersun at all

Hahahahaha oops! O well, I think I should get some credit for trying!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.03.2009 - 16:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.03.2009 at 16:31

a +1 to you for trying your best there. It was worth a shot, right?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2009 - 16:37
MeloDeathViking
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2009 at 16:34

Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.03.2009 at 16:31

a +1 to you for trying your best there. It was worth a shot, right?

Exactly, I had to try, I would be famous if I could prove you liked Wintersun!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.03.2009 - 19:19
Talvi
I guess everything funny has already been said
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
03.03.2009 - 21:26
kaylamacgavin
Surprise Suprise! . . . this is getting ridiculous
03.03.2009 - 21:40
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite

And What would be even more amusing...if it comes out and you two end up liking it and having to admit it.

don't count on it
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
03.03.2009 - 22:10
Twiz
Account deleted
Something I don't get, don't band write music then practice said music and then enter studio to record it properly? So where does the writer's block come in if you've already written the music?
03.03.2009 - 22:26
DahliaRock
If this album sucks, I am going to be pretty mad.. years of delay, I am now getting a taste of Duke Nukem Forever
03.03.2009 - 23:34
soulintent
I can't wait to listen to this album while I'm playing Starcraft Ghost!
04.03.2009 - 00:23
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by [user id=27820] on 03.03.2009 at 22:10

Something I don't get, don't band write music then practice said music and then enter studio to record it properly? So where does the writer's block come in if you've already written the music?

Especially considering that everything except for vocals and synths has been recorded three years ago already :
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
04.03.2009 - 00:39
Plaguebearer
Written by DahliaRock on 03.03.2009 at 22:26

If this album sucks, I am going to be pretty mad.. years of delay, I am now getting a taste of Duke Nukem Forever

Don't forget Chinese Democracy!
04.03.2009 - 04:39
skrätte
I Hate You
Shame. Wintersun is a great band with an apparent inability to deal with bullshit.
----
04.03.2009 - 09:38

That's... a good question. WTF, Jari?! I thought you had, like, only the bass and vocal tracks to record??? His record company must be praying to every god in existance for this album to sell well considering how much money they've had to lend Jari for this album
04.03.2009 - 19:09
What a fuckin joke.
----
Long live Metal
04.03.2009 - 19:14
DrHigsby
The delays are not doing their fanbase any favors... Maybe a demo would sweeten the waiting
05.03.2009 - 06:34
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by insanity.peppers on 04.03.2009 at 09:38

That's... a good question. WTF, Jari?! I thought you had, like, only the bass and vocal tracks to record??? His record company must be praying to every god in existance for this album to sell well considering how much money they've had to lend Jari for this album

He still has to record all the synths and orchestrations for the songs, a process which he is doing himself and by ear...so it's a time consuming process.
05.03.2009 - 14:10
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
It seems like Wintersun will never finish this album!
05.03.2009 - 16:30
Demon Heart
What the hell are they doing?
NASA have sent 7 shuttles to space since they deside to record a new album.
I'm a big fan of Wintersun, but they are going to dissapoint me:hopeless:
----
It's a black cloud over head
That's me
And the poison ivy chokes the tree
Again it's me
05.03.2009 - 23:03
Infurnace
"Time" surely takes a lot of "time" to finish. Guess it'll be released around the year 2050 or something. It's a shame they cancelled all the dates.
06.03.2009 - 06:38
I don't even care about the release date anymore. I think that I'll find a news on this site in a while (well years...) that'll announce the release so i'm going to be like: Already? .

Seriously, there is enough great bands out there to not make the waiting for this album a pain in the ass.

Time will be another Chinese democracy? I don't think so... Just wait 5 more years...^^
At least we have the cover art for now, this is better than nothing.

I don't remember who said it, but I agree when that person said they should stop about stupid updates about gear and/or writer's block (???). Just put the update when it is finished.

PS: Wintersun is my favorite band .
P.P.S: I think i'm just pissed off .
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
07.03.2009 - 08:11
Shadowcross
The Summoner
To me 'Wintersun' is a perfect album ...
maybe just release what is finished as Time then call it quits. Seems like this band shouldn't exactly be a band and should be remembered for the self-titled...
07.03.2009 - 08:41
Wes
WHO CARES. Can anyone imagine how amazing it would be if Time could be as great and original as the first album? If Jari could do that, the band would be immortalized. So let him take his damn time. I don't care if it takes 5 more years honestly. I sure as hell know that in 5 years ill still be listening to the first album.
07.03.2009 - 14:12
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Wes on 07.03.2009 at 08:41

[...] as great and original as the first album? If Jari could do that, the band would be immortalized.

ITT: Hilarious exaggerations.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
07.03.2009 - 15:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol that was like the ultimate blow to all the Wintersun fanboys around here
07.03.2009 - 18:28
Paraffin
It doesn't matter :p
07.03.2009 - 19:11
VPeter
Why do people make such a huge drama out of this? This kind of news is as predictable as a football match of Liechtenstein VS Germany.
08.03.2009 - 02:01
Lehctim
He's a fucking artist let him do his thing. Half the people around here act as if their entitled to this shit and that musicians work for them. I find it hilarious that people talk shit on famous musicians in safe little forums like these to make themselves feel special when they couldnt write a song themselves to save their lives. And to the people who say "how can an album sound good after five years," theyre the same people saying "oh this album will suck, this band releases albums too often" about other bands. Does every band have to work exactly the same for you to like them? It's called art for a reason and artists arent fucking robots!
09.03.2009 - 02:39
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This news topic has reached 3 PAGES?! OK. enough already. Just discuss this in the good ol' Wintersun forum. It's tried and true....
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2009 - 05:33
Jiri
Poor Jari.

Hits total: 9147 | This month: 18