Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
26.02.2007 - 15:54
darksun
DT is the best thing veer happened to melodic death.Stanne is the best vocalist in brutal and scream vocals together with fernando from moonspell and peter from hypocrisy
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
26.02.2007 - 18:55
Asat0r
I'm going to see these guys in a month with Into Eternity, another one of my favorite bands. I love listening to them in total darkness, especially if I'm in an exceptionally imaginative mood, or kind of depressed.
28.02.2007 - 09:20
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Eight on 26.02.2007 at 15:09

I think ill torture myself until the off. release and buy a CD. I've found them a week ago on one Russian web site, tho haven't listened

Yeah right! you are so full of shit.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
28.02.2007 - 15:26
Amrott
lol Jester Eddie did you just quote yourself??

well after listening to the new album a couple of more times i'm liking it it a bit more now, already i like Icipher track so much !!
28.02.2007 - 20:28
SirHooke
I haven't heard the new record yet. But I intend to
*Waiting Impatiently*
So is it any good?
01.03.2007 - 08:47
Eight
Shapeshifter
Nah, its awful do not download it, save some traffic for others
----

01.03.2007 - 08:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Amrott on 28.02.2007 at 15:26

lol Jester Eddie did you just quote yourself??

Yeah, its fun, try it your self
----

11.03.2007 - 00:44
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Wow! I was blown away by Fiction! 'Tis one of DT's best IMO...
Almost all the songs are awesome... The album gets a tad tiring(and dull) during the mid-songs - Inside The Particle Storm (what a fuckall name heh), Empty Me, and Misery's Crown - these are the ones I was slightly disappointed with; they lack direction IMO. The rest of the songs are just brilliant. Focus Shift is a friggin killer! And I like the fact that they included an instrumental,
which has some real cool guitaring on it...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
12.03.2007 - 17:35
The Captain
Account deleted
Written by Asat0r on 26.02.2007 at 18:55

I'm going to see these guys in a month with Into Eternity, another one of my favorite bands. I love listening to them in total darkness, especially if I'm in an exceptionally imaginative mood, or kind of depressed.

I am going to see them too. For a while I would only listen to them in the dark. Made it sound so much better. The name really fits.
12.03.2007 - 17:38
The Captain
Account deleted
I am a huge fan of pretty much anything DT puts out. Except for sky dancer, which was only less than mediocre due to the fact that Anders was singing.
15.03.2007 - 01:11
Bitch Boy
I've heard a couple of songs of Fiction and I can say that I liked what I heard, but I suppose Fiction wouldn't be better than Character. I will wait for the whole album though.
15.03.2007 - 14:17
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
To me, Dark Tranquillity is the best Gothenburg Metal band. One of their songs (Lethe) from the album "The Gallery" is my favourite. Stanne has a strong voice and the lyrics that he and Sundin write are very good, which makes their musics even better. I've listened some musics from "Fiction" and i'm liking it, but for now their best albuns are Character, Damage Done and The Gallery. In Flames were good too, but after "Clayman" they ruined everything, i hope that doesn't happen the same to Dark Tranquillity.

p.s. This is what i think about Dark Tranquillity and by the way sorry for my English...
15.03.2007 - 14:20
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Unconsecrated on 15.03.2007 at 14:17

To me, Dark Tranquillity is the best Gothenburg Metal band. One of their songs (Lethe) from the album "The Gallery" is my favourite. Stanne has a strong voice and the lyrics that he and Sundin write are very good, which makes their musics even better. I've listened some musics from "Fiction" and i'm liking it, but for now their best albuns are Character, Damage Done and The Gallery. In Flames were good too, but after "Clayman" they ruined everything, i hope that doesn't happen the same to Dark Tranquillity.

p.s. This is what i think about Dark Tranquillity and by the way sorry for my English...

I do think that In Flames we're still 'alive' at RTR, but not after.
Dark Tranquillitys 'Fiction' is nice album indeed, but they are way more melodic at this one. Wait, that isn't a bad thing right?
----

15.03.2007 - 18:38
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I've heard two tracks from Fiction so far: Focus Shift and Empty Me and I like them (the first one is just brilliant ), so I'll get the whole album as soon as I can! Then I'll come back with a more interesting post when I've listened to it and forged an opinion. :
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
15.03.2007 - 20:08
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Eight on 15.03.2007 at 14:20

I do think that In Flames we're still 'alive' at RTR, but not after.
Dark Tranquillitys 'Fiction' is nice album indeed, but they are way more melodic at this one. Wait, that isn't a bad thing right?

You surely understand more about music than me, and as i said my english is bad so sometimes i can't understand something and when i say something about it, i can be wrong interprited (or my english confuse).
If an album is more melodic, that could be better or worst, in case of In Flames, it was worst (after "Clayman"), maybe because Anders voice changed throughout the years, but RTR was still a reasonable album, but not so good as "Clayman" and other In Flames older albuns. In case of Dark Tranquillity it was better because "Fiction" has great musics and Stanne's voice is still as good as in the older albuns.When i say that you understand more about music than me, i'm saying the truth, but even that you should know, so if i say something stupid, the best thing to do is not to care about what i say or tell me to shut up!
16.03.2007 - 02:07
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
IMO, melodic or not, on stage In Flames and Dark Tranquillity kick ass. I have seen them during Fury Fest 2005 (now named Hellfest) and after at Paris. During their shows, it's a real pleasure to see and ear them play.

Concerning "Fiction" I realy love it. The sound is powerfull, good rythms. "Nothing to one" the first song is my favorite. I love too the last "The Mundane and the Magic" with an alternance of man/woman vocals. And I love too particulary the middle of "Blind Heart" with devastating rythms. I love the full album in fact

So my opinion is not objective, I support DT for a long time, and it's not to stop even if they had to bring out an inferior album one day....
16.03.2007 - 12:40
Grey_Dandelion
i m looking forward to get fiction in my hands....i m counting the days 32 left....
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
16.03.2007 - 16:31
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by White Winter Sun on 16.03.2007 at 02:07

IMO, melodic or not, on stage In Flames and Dark Tranquillity kick ass. I have seen them during Fury Fest 2005 (now named Hellfest) and after at Paris. During their shows, it's a real pleasure to see and ear them play.

Concerning "Fiction" I realy love it. The sound is powerfull, good rythms. "Nothing to one" the first song is my favorite. I love too the last "The Mundane and the Magic" with an alternance of man/woman vocals. And I love too particulary the middle of "Blind Heart" with devastating rythms. I love the full album in fact

So my opinion is not objective, I support DT for a long time, and it's not to stop even if they had to bring out an inferior album one day....

About In Flames and Dark Tranquillity live performances i can't say anything, because i've never seen them live. I live in a small city, with few metal fans and i'm very young, so i can't go to a live concert out of Portugal. I think it's very good that you keep supporting Dark Tranquillity. I also support them and In Flames but not in the way that you support. I have their cd's but i've never seen a live concert performed by them. In Flames last albuns weren't as good as the older ones, but i still like their music and i hope that they return to the style of their older albuns. About "Fiction", my favourite music is "The Lesser Faith", because i like a lot of the guitars sound and the drums too. "Terminus(Where Death Is Most Alive)", is also one of my favourites, maybe because it starts with a "strange" sound and then the music gets heavier and finally "Focus Shift", one of the album best songs, the music in general is very powerful. This is just my opinion, so possibly i'm wrong for what i've just said maybe because it's my opinion
Lately my posts look like testaments so, next time i won't write as much as i just wrote. I'm here because i want to know people that understand more about metal than me, to learn more about this style of music (it's the only one that i like). And by the way, sorry for not to talking much about Dark Tranquillity, once that this is their own topic, it won't happen again.
16.03.2007 - 21:34
RavenLord
Written by Unconsecrated on 15.03.2007 at 14:17

To me, Dark Tranquillity is the best Gothenburg Metal band. One of their songs (Lethe) from the album "The
Gallery" is my favourite. Stanne has a strong voice and the lyrics that he and Sundin write are very good, which makes their musics even better. I've listened some musics from "Fiction" and i'm liking it, but for now their best albuns are Character, Damage Done and The Gallery. In Flames were good too, but after "Clayman" they ruined everything, i hope that doesn't happen the same to Dark Tranquillity.

The lyrics on 'The Gallery' are sublime. Works of poetry the equal of Martin 'The Bard' Walkyier. The music is so powerful and intricate, yet still losing none of its effect through meandering passages. Truly, a great album. As I've said before, the only album I'm not too hot on is 'Projector', probably because Stanne's vocals get on my nerves-the first couple of songs are great.

In Flames started to go downhill after The Jester Race, IMO. They only truly fell off the proverbial cliff after Clayman, however, but for that album their fingers were scrabbling on the edge...

And as for your English, I wish half the english-speaking people I know online were that eloquent...too much 'txt speek' online!
----
16.03.2007 - 21:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
im anxious about the new album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.04.2007 - 03:25
Robstar
Man what a great band , these swedish motherfuckers know how to play real melodic death metal...
I have all their albums and they rock , my favorites are the Gallery and Character...
I had the change to check these dudes live and I only say two thumbs Up !
----
Nothing is unreacheable
07.04.2007 - 13:48
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Dark Tranquillity is the best Melodic Death Metal band, In Flames are completely out of the race for that title after their past 2 albums. DT, however, continue to deliver flawless masterpieces, and "Fiction" is no exception, it's a brilliant album.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
09.04.2007 - 04:02
Bitch Boy
@ TheDissident: I totally agree with you, I think that Dark Tranquillity is a much better band in the Gothenburg scene than In Flames. DT are better musicians and their atmosphere is unique.
09.04.2007 - 05:56
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Just saw them live on their US headlining tour. They were absolutely fantastic. There's just so much "character" (I mean that sincerely) in their music. The way they just play togethor is so impressive. Martin Henriksson could be playing a sick melody, but then Sundin is playing something with a ton of crunch at the same time. Not to mention what Nicklasson, Brandstrom, and Jivarp are doing. They're one of the few bands that is so much better as a group than as individuals.

Stanne is probably the best frontman you can ask for. He brings you right into the show, and he does it natrually.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
09.04.2007 - 23:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Eight on 28.02.2007 at 09:20

Written by Eight on 26.02.2007 at 15:09

I think ill torture myself until the off. release and buy a CD. I've found them a week ago on one Russian web site, tho haven't listened

Yeah right! you are so full of shit.

Break it up you two!

Anyways, I just got "Character", which I got for free because my friend started hating them for some reason. Normally I wouldnt go out and buy any DT because 'The Gallery' got pretty boring for me very fast, but Character changed that for me, I find it alot better than the gallery.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.04.2007 - 00:37
Bitch Boy
@ Dr.Rock: glad you liked it dude, for me that is DT's best, the production and the performance is amazing.
10.04.2007 - 08:04
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Bitch Boy on 10.04.2007 at 00:37

@ Dr.Rock: glad you liked it dude, for me that is DT's best, the production and the performance is amazing.

I think some of the stuff on Character is a little half-assed. I'm mainly talking about "Through Smudged Lenses". Yes, there are some really cool songs like "Lost to Apathy" and "My Negation", but I don't find that much to get excited about. Stanne had seen better days as a vocalist.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
11.04.2007 - 17:53
Bitch Boy
@ AtLossForWords: I agree that Stanne didn't do an excellent vocal work on "Character" as he did in other albums but I think he was not that bad on this one.
11.04.2007 - 23:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Passenger on 07.04.2007 at 13:48

Dark Tranquillity continue to deliver flawless masterpieces, and "Fiction" is no exception, it's a brilliant album.

I agree with you. The new DT is a pure success.

And for other, steps of anxiety for Stanne' vocals, on "Fiction" he sings, he bawls, he roars, I shall not go so far as to say that he grumbles , but check there's for all the tastes ...
19.04.2007 - 20:58
RavenLord
So, have any of our American friends got the new album? I'll be ordering it, but it's not released here until Monday. I know the leak's been out for a while, but I managed to resist it (like with Maiden's latest)...what's the packaging like? And the bonus edition? The product details on Amazon etc. don't reveal anything about live tracks...
----