Posted by Unknown user, 18.05.2006 - 12:21
You now the drill, get yourself added by other MS members and so forth

I'm:

http://www.last.fm/user/Sarcastic_Smile/
26.01.2007 - 04:59
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Quote:

you have to check out this. the bitch has 1,117,527 plays...

WTF? Thats not possible without cheating ... she just stupid
----

Hellcunt Smurf
28.01.2007 - 16:33
W-Lash
Metal Master
Anyone could recommend me a tool for adding tags to all my mp3? I have mp3 database and some of them aren't tagged. This tool could add tags from the name of the file (usually they are in NUMBER - SONG.mp3 (in BAND folder) form).
28.01.2007 - 17:01
borninblood
Account deleted
http://www.last.fm/user/borninblood/

http://www.last.fm/group/BornInBlood
29.01.2007 - 16:40
Hyvaarin
Quote:

you have to check out this. the bitch has 1,117,527 plays...

1. Fuck I hate people who leave music playing constantly so they can jack up their play count. Completely ruins it for people who ACTUALLY listen to the music.
2. 'Lol' at that girl's awful, awful taste.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
29.01.2007 - 18:27
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hyvaarin, i don't think that she made such score just with playing songs all the time.
So, let's calculate:
1,117,527 songs
Last seen December 2005
That means she has scrobbled songs for about half of a year.
0,5 years~6 months~24 weeks~168 days~4032 hours~241920 minutes.
1,117,527 songs / 241920 minutes ~4.6
That means she listened about 4-5 songs in a minute!!!!!!! That means one song is about 12-15 seconds long.
What does it mean?

TOTAL BULLSHIT!
30.01.2007 - 12:15
W-Lash
Metal Master
By the way their taste calculator sucks.
Example: my brother is my neighbour with rating"super".
We both listen Latvian songs (about 30%) that are similar.
He listens some punk rock but i listen some oldschool rock / hard rock. (ok, maybe they think that's the same).
But the biggest part for me is black metal + folk but he listens new stuff like Korn, Disturbed, Seether and so on. WHERE IS THE SIMILARITY HERE?
30.01.2007 - 13:00
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
@W-Lash,

your calculation is accurate,, i think it is impossible that that anyone can listen to over a million songs in about 6 months! It could be a last.fm error, not hers!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
30.01.2007 - 14:34
W-Lash
Metal Master
Krypton said that song has to be at least 30 seconds long to be scrobbled on last.fm. But maybe this rule wasn't on 2005.
30.01.2007 - 20:39
broken goddess
I just got an account there not more than an hour ago.
It's something I wanted to do for a while, but never got around to until now...
http://www.last.fm/user/BrokenGoddess/
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
30.01.2007 - 22:58
Lupas
Maximus
Just a reminder that my account is http://www.last.fm/user/lupas78/
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
01.02.2007 - 16:51
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
This is me http://www.last.fm/user/inner_sanctum

feel free to add
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
03.02.2007 - 01:24
W-Lash
Metal Master
By the way the system there is a bit inaccurate. Sometimes there are missings in my top (for example i didn't see the 1.st place today) and i doubt that songs are counted correctly (i'm sure that i listened it more than times shown there).
04.02.2007 - 12:04
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by W-Lash on 29.01.2007 at 18:27

Hyvaarin, i don't think that she made such score just with playing songs all the time.
So, let's calculate:
1,117,527 songs
Last seen December 2005
That means she listened about 4-5 songs in a minute!!!!!!! That means one song is about 12-15 seconds long.
What does it mean?

TOTAL BULLSHIT!

Im not siding her on this but it could be possible that she heard all those songs... But not the full song for a trak to b scrobbled u have to listen to just a part of the track(the exact length u have to listen to is calculated by last.fm dependin on the original track length. not sure how they calculate the length )

But if she just plays a track to get it scrobbled to up her ratin or whatever that just sucks
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
04.02.2007 - 13:21
W-Lash
Metal Master
Inner Sanctum, that couldn't be. Last.fm needs about 80% of song to be listened to submit it.
Btw, did you see my calculation? What are that songs that are 15 seconds long only?
04.02.2007 - 13:43
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Spirit Molecule on 04.02.2007 at 12:04

Im not siding her on this but it could be possible that she heard all those songs... But not the full song for a trak to b scrobbled u have to listen to just a part of the track(the exact length u have to listen to is calculated by last.fm dependin on the original track length. not sure how they calculate the length )

But if she just plays a track to get it scrobbled to up her ratin or whatever that just sucks

a song only get scrobbled when it has played half of the song, or when it is short(I thought, below the 1:30 ) it will scrobble after 30 seconds. Anyway, the shortest possible is 30 seconds, which makes the situation of this girl completely impossible.

Basically, I think it is possible to flood your page with songs after some editing in the plug-in. You basically just need to know how the plug-in works and edit it a bit. Anyway, it is cheating, because it is not possible this girl has listened so much music in just half a year.
04.02.2007 - 15:17
Lupas
Maximus
Written by W-Lash on 04.02.2007 at 13:21

Inner Sanctum, that couldn't be. Last.fm needs about 80% of song to be listened to submit it.
Btw, did you see my calculation? What are that songs that are 15 seconds long only?

No bother so much about
It is just a graphical meaning of what you are listening. There are many ways to reduce or increase these numbers but overall who cares about that .
You have a bright future in mathematical field so don't bother so much .
Life is short and we must enjoy it to the most
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
05.02.2007 - 11:33
Skald
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 29.01.2007 at 18:27

So, let's calculate:
1,117,527 songs
Last seen December 2005
What does it mean?

TOTAL BULLSHIT!
Her last scrobble was performed no later than on 13th November and she didn't scrobble anything on October. Means she acually had only 3.5 months to scrobble all that
Wonder if it's possible to use several clients though :p
07.02.2007 - 03:11
Stigmatized
This guy is above 500,000 plays, and I commonly see his song plays less than a minute apart-

http://www.last.fm/user/BatGeno/
07.02.2007 - 12:57
W-Lash
Metal Master
I won't calculate is that possible without cheating or not but i think that maybe is (with playing all the time).
At least he listens to good bands.
11.02.2007 - 22:04
Stigmatized
Anyone else had troubles with the site lately? It works for me sometimes and other times it's down completely. My tracks are scrobbled easily sometimes and other times I just get an error message.
11.02.2007 - 22:36
W-Lash
Metal Master
yea, that site sometimes has got errors. But these tracks with "error message" will be scrobbled later. I had the same problem. They appeared later.
11.02.2007 - 22:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think that they've been working a lot with the site lately.
----
12.02.2007 - 01:57
KryptoN
imperceptible
As far as I know the servers are/were undergoing hardware upgrades and the new version of the site just came out of beta. This usually means more occasional downtime due to reboots & bugs, just be patient. All songs you play will be recorded. The error in the last.fm program means that the submission server is currently out of reach. If that happens, the program will build up a cache until it can submit the data.

P.S. I've only had some minor problems compared to others I've talked to... Probably because of the priorities of subscribers.

EDIT: A few lines from the official IRC channel by one of the developers:

<@Russ> LITERALLY everything which could have gone this wrong, has
<@Russ> including this irc server, which is hosted by someone completely different.
<@Russ> we installed 5 new web nodes on friday, we really needed them so I put them into the memcached pool
<@Russ> and they've been crashing non-stop
<@Russ> memcache cuts out, that's what causes the site slowness
12.02.2007 - 02:31
Stigmatized
That's cool. I didn't care, I was just worried that it may be something with me.
12.02.2007 - 03:14
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Think the new look looks a bit too cluttered, special with the little play arrow heads on the charts... mmm needs getting used to spose.

But during the upgrade I only had trouble once for 5 minutes where it didnt let me on, which around that time it does it on a normal week. Glad they put a shout box in our precious little Smurf Group
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.02.2007 - 03:22
Stigmatized
Yeah, I don't like the little play arrows either. They just annoy me.

The group shoutbox is cool, but the group is almost dead once again.
15.02.2007 - 18:52
W-Lash
Metal Master
I got one problem.
There are 2 user profiles on my computer with windows xp and each of us has got one last.fm profile. Everything is ok when another windows profile is logged out but when another one is switched off (for example it keeps doing some actions) then scrobbler submits songs from that profile.
Since we got different music tastes, it's a big problem because usually we find some other user's songs in list of recently listened tracks.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
21.02.2007 - 17:56
Skald
Account deleted
For anyone who has a moment, here's a last.fm poll, which is supposed to bring up the most metal country of Europe. It is reaching its end, but there's some unfair voting going on so I thought if some MetalStormers would give their honest votes, it would straight things up a bit
21.02.2007 - 19:42
DeathMuffin
I have a feeling that Finland will win that poll...

I can't remember if I've posted it already, but I'm http://www.last.fm/user/DeathMuffin/
23.02.2007 - 08:52
Lupas
Maximus
I have no doubt who will be the winner
----