Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
12.11.2008 - 21:29
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Dangerboner on 11.11.2008 at 23:53

I guess Metallica is coming here next month with Lamb of God and The Sword, and I'm still not sure if I'll go. If I do, it'll be mostly for the other two bands.

Dude, Probably if you knew that there exist peaple on another part of the globe who crave for a second to see Metallica live but have never had the apportunity, You would feel different...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
12.11.2008 - 22:01
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 12.11.2008 at 21:29

I guess Metallica is coming here next month with Lamb of God and The Sword, and I'm still not sure if I'll go. If I do, it'll be mostly for the other two bands.

Dude, Probably if you knew that there exist peaple on another part of the globe who crave for a second to see Metallica live but have never had the apportunity, You would feel different...

Haha, so true, so true. I have a feeling though that they are so coming to Ukraine in 2009.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
12.11.2008 - 23:07
accursed
Account deleted
Death magnetic is awesome-great-fantastic-rules-amazing.
13.11.2008 - 00:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Actually, this is the first time I remember them ever coming here. I got an A in geography

Even if they did come here, it's not like I could go for sure, since I work full time and well, I don't like the band either, so that's kind of a deal breaker...
13.11.2008 - 03:45
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Dangerboner on 13.11.2008 at 00:47

Actually, this is the first time I remember them ever coming here. I got an A in geography

Even if they did come here, it's not like I could go for sure, since I work full time and well, I don't like the band either, so that's kind of a deal breaker...

Its at a big stadium too. those usually suck
----
Coldgrits
13.11.2008 - 11:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=2084] on 12.11.2008 at 15:52

Glad to see that their North American tour leg actually includes a place close to where you live...for some fucking stupid reason, there are no Toronto or Montreal dates! It really makes no sense...they did this last time too...

Oh boo hoo, 'cus you know, Montreal and Toronto never get any of the good shows . For some reason they are playing 2 nights here in Calgary...which is odd considering Dream Theater did the same thing a few months back. I made a conscious decision not too go, considering the only stuff I'll identify would be stuff from the first two albums it just wouldn't be worth paying floor ticket prices, and I despise being in the seats for a metal show (minus the Metal Masters concert I went to this summer). Also I tend to get angry at the big arena metal shows because theres generally a lot of assholes there who have no business at a metal concert.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.11.2008 - 17:47
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
I actually don't think I care so much that they aren't coming to Toronto this tour considering how much DM they're whoring. Seriously, only about a third of the setlist is stuff I would want to hear (I dont care much for the black album either). I also heard they played Frantic at one of their recent shows. Seriously? Frantic?! WHY?!!

I haven't seen them live yet and I don't want my first experience seeing my all time favorite band to be ruined by a setlist full of mediocre songs.
14.11.2008 - 01:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well unlike you, I like Death Magnetic...that doesn't mean I wanna hear every song from that album live...not even six songs...maybe four...and a few songs from the Black Album...nothing from Load and Reload...nothing from St. Anger...and all their old material...unfortunatly, it never works that way live...
14.11.2008 - 02:20
accursed
Account deleted
Here is the info I heard on the radio. They will be playing 5 songs from the awesome death magnetic album. I am 37 years old. I got into them in late 1986 and I am here to say that DM is the real deal. If anyone has any doubts just play my apocalypse and the truth will be told.
14.11.2008 - 02:39
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
No.... but thank you
----
Coldgrits
15.11.2008 - 00:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by [user id=34618] on 14.11.2008 at 02:20

I am 37 years old. I got into them in late 1986 and I am here to say that DM is the real deal. If anyone has any doubts just play my apocalypse and the truth will be told.

FINALLY...someone in their 30s that likes Death Magnetic
15.11.2008 - 04:24
accursed
Account deleted
@kapn'korrupt. Right on! DM rules. And most of my friends love it to.
15.11.2008 - 05:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Most people I knwo love it too.
Teh oens with the issue are the one who keep whining about how MetallicA sold out and everything after after Master Of Puppets is crap.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.11.2008 - 01:05
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Has anyone watched "Making Magnetic" yet? Any true fans? .
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

16.11.2008 - 13:08
Hrothdane
I just got Ride the Lightning and I really like it.

Master of Puppets never really clicked with me, but with Ride the Lightning I can finally understand from first hand experience why people love Metallica so much. I still don't care for Hetfield's vocals much, which is why it isn't a 10 for me, but the rest of the album makes up for it.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
16.11.2008 - 13:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 16.11.2008 at 01:05

Its video, whos' made about Afganistan , Iran war in desert?
I saw end of it didnt hear vocals , only saw instrumental end
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2008 - 13:16
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2008 at 13:12

No, it's a documentary about them recording Death Magnetic. What you are talking about is the video for "The Day That Never Comes."
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

16.11.2008 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 16.11.2008 at 13:16

Written by Bad English on 16.11.2008 at 13:12

No, it's a documentary about them recording Death Magnetic. What you are talking about is the video for "The Day That Never Comes."

Sorry, nop I havent seen it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2008 - 13:53
FOOCK Nam
Thats what I saw in MTV, I find it very mellow music, not much thrashy but not a bad one.
22.11.2008 - 11:20
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.11.2008 at 13:53

Thats what I saw in MTV, I find it very mellow music, not much thrashy but not a bad one.

u mean the music video of "The Day That Never Comes"?
22.11.2008 - 12:27
FOOCK Nam
Written by [user id=31891] on 22.11.2008 at 11:20

Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.11.2008 at 13:53

u mean the music video of "The Day That Never Comes"?

Exactly. I think I love that song. But I heard that would be best song in Death Magnetic, it recalls their old style, could be as 91's Black.
22.11.2008 - 17:53
accursed
Account deleted
The entire intro to all nightmare long is so fucking awesome metal. And the ending shred riff is pure speed thrash. :cheers
23.11.2008 - 06:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Is this really Dave Mustaine on vocals?

Metallica - Ride the Lightning (demo)
23.11.2008 - 13:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 23.11.2008 at 06:19

I just checked and Mustaine has never ever sung a single note for Metallica.

They did however have one or two other vocalists for a very short time in the band, but I am not sure if they ever recroded with those.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
They had a vocalist called Sammy Dijon very shortly though no gigs were done with him.
They also had Jeff Warner of Black & Blue very shortly, did one gig with him on vocals.
PLus they tried getting other vocalists as well. First of they had really tried hard to get John Bush of Armored Saint (and later Anthrax) to join them as vocalist but Bush kept on declining cause he thought Armored Saint would make it big.
Another vocalist they wanted to get was Jess Cox of Tygers Of Pan Tang but they decided against it when Jess Cox changed his image.

But all this happened BEFORE Kill 'em All was recorded.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2008 - 08:52
Always been a fan of Metallica. They were the first metal band I got into. They turned me onto metal. I got to see them in Little Rock on Saturday night. WOW! Seriously, my love for Metallica has been revived. I really enjoyed it.
----
oderint dum metuant
27.11.2008 - 12:14
Sandarameth
Account deleted
I never liked metallica..everytime something was missing in their music..but Death Magnetic is realy great..especially The Unforgiven III))))
27.11.2008 - 17:24
Luciferion
Didn't mind the new album, it was refreshing after St. Anger, but it doesnt blow you away. It' sa decent attempt, but unfortunetly it looks like there live set list is hugely based towards it (sucks when your seeing them and you have to look foward to hearing a mediocre album and know they will miss something from their glory days). Still paid to see em, guess we'll see how it goes on the 7th heh.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
01.12.2008 - 00:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 23.11.2008 at 06:19

nah, that's clearly Hetfield, though the sound quality is amazingly bad.. get/download the "No Life Till Leather" demo though, i've had moments when i thought " is this really Hetfield singing?" his voice is really different from what i hear on Kill Em All.
08.12.2008 - 15:32
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
All Nightmare Long Video... its really something new...and its gooood
09.12.2008 - 20:48
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
For all Action Figure collectors out there just take a look at this.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...