Metal Storm logo
What about latin american metal ?

Original post

Posted by Ascalon, 16.01.2008 - 05:42
I would to know your opinnion about latin american bands ... and all the metal scene in South and Central America ... I know that's such smaller in comparison with European or American metal scene ... but we have here really good bands like

Renacer (Argentina), Rata Blanca (Argentina), V8 (Argentina), Weichafe (Chile), Six Magics (Chile), Brujeria (Mexico)... I don't know .. what do you know in the rest of the world ?? ... seeing that in the data base of MS you can't find too much.
11.04.2008 - 03:41
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Guarnerius

They're from México and play avery very good power metal!
11.04.2008 - 21:29
Makosh'
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.04.2008 at 22:44

Written by [user id=31846] on 09.04.2008 at 22:35

my crazy imagination drawing a paintings with bob marley and iron maiden....)))

Indeed crazy, given that Bob Marley was not Latin american.
Listen to Rata Blanca, Kraken, Shaaman, Angra, Andre Matos, Masacre...
Your crazy imagination will be stunned!

actually,he was))but that is doesn't inportant,tnx for advices)))
11.04.2008 - 22:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31846] on 11.04.2008 at 21:29

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.04.2008 at 22:44

Written by [user id=31846] on 09.04.2008 at 22:35

my crazy imagination drawing a paintings with bob marley and iron maiden....)))

Indeed crazy, given that Bob Marley was not Latin american.
Listen to Rata Blanca, Kraken, Shaaman, Angra, Andre Matos, Masacre...
Your crazy imagination will be stunned!

actually,he was))but that is doesn't inportant,tnx for advices)))

Is not important, but he was form the caribbean.(check the previous page of the topic, K7 and me had a friendly discussion about it)
No problemo.-
You could also check Introspección, from Colombia too. Pretty good power metal.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.04.2008 - 23:11
Makosh'
Account deleted
muy grasias,jonas)
14.04.2008 - 17:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Chile has the best doom metal scence from SA IMO...
Poema Arcanus and Mar de Grises are two bads that many doomsters from this site should check out.
And for the thrashers, Criminal and Coprofago are also very good bands...
Another good band is Sepultura of course...

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about SA's metal scence, wich is a shame since Im from Chile.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.04.2008 - 18:01
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31846] on 11.04.2008 at 23:11

muy grasias,jonas)

Con gusto, Makosh'.
(It is my pleasure.)
Little correction: it would be "Muchas gracias"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

16.04.2008 - 13:53
Makosh'
Account deleted
i'll tell about it my teacher of Spanish))
17.04.2008 - 16:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31846] on 16.04.2008 at 13:53

i'll tell about it my teacher of Spanish))

You must.
----

18.04.2008 - 17:51
Makosh'
Account deleted
oh,my god,that's for me?:D
that was succesful)she told me it depends from area,but i don't believe her)
19.04.2008 - 14:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=31846] on 18.04.2008 at 17:51

oh,my god,that's for me?:D
that was succesful)she told me it depends from area,but i don't believe her)

It depends from the area? WTF?!

I'm also from South America... and believe, "Muy Gracias" is just wrong, no matter from wich country you come from... xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.05.2008 - 10:23
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Exousia from Mexico. Melodic Death Metal, and it's kicking asses around here! You must check this uys and with a little hope to add them to metalstorm.
04.05.2008 - 06:37
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
If you like pure death metal you must check out this videos from Masacre, legendary Colombian band. Also if you know spanish you totally want to take a look at their lyrics. Here are some songs

Tierra de Lamentos (Land of mourns) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8isBkO1F5rg

Imperio del terror (Terror empire) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKioIzGLMcc

Violentada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8hgoaFmKE

hope you like it!

a mover esas putas cabezas!
07.05.2008 - 08:14
Zamoth

Maligno, from Monterrey Mexico, Doom Metal, if you like early Black Sabbath, you will love this band.

http://www.myspace.com/malignodoom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpaO9erQHrI
08.05.2008 - 17:59
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Other outstanding old-school death chilean death metal bands to be checked: Sheolgenna, Dominus Xul and Death Yell
12.05.2008 - 16:34
FOOCK Nam
Canis Lupus, Ares Wrath, I would like to re-recommend.
19.06.2008 - 21:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I updated my firt post whit this

Mexico - Nowdays Mexico are black metal and gotic(female fromnted band), but in 80ties it as thrash and death and heavy metal land
There are some doom band sbut werry hard to get

Acromionia, Aireard, Black Vomit, Buried Dreams, Cemeterium, Eidyllion, Inquisidor, Malicius Prophecies, Megaton, Rames, Heteria(The Legions of Hetheria),
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2008 - 16:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Reino Ermitaño [Peru] was an awesome band... it was very surprising for me.
Good stoner/doom metal.
And the female vocals are just brilliant.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.06.2008 - 07:04
sq_xeper
If you want to listen good thrash/death metal you should definetely listen to CRIMINAL, its the most famous metal band in Chile and over the years they're getting better and better, I really mean this, they're now eradicated in the UK and writting some new material that would probably kick some major ass
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
18.07.2009 - 14:42
Piro
Thy Light is a really great black metal band from Brazil. It's relatively "raw", but also has symphonic elements in it, really depressing and meangingful stuff. Best part? It's free.

www.last.fm/music/thy+light
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
22.07.2009 - 16:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Pentagram is a kicking-ass thrash metal from Chile. Totally recommended
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.07.2009 - 12:24
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Some cool bands I've discovered in 2008:

-Auvernia (Arg): They play some kind of prog power metal with some black metal voices, similar to Adagio. I really liked their debut. www.myspace.com/auvernia

-The Arkitecht (Mex): Progressive metal frome Mexico, a solo project by Genaro Ochoa, really cool album, you can find a review by jeff here on MS, the frontman is a really cool guy. A very enjoyable debut, and he told me that he is writing stuff for the upcoming material. www.myspace.com/thearkitecht

-Maligno (Mex): someone mentioned them above, yeah, their sound is cool, IMO the highlight of the band is their vocalist, you'll find a big Black Sabbath influence (in fact, they were a Black Sabbath tribute before writing their own material). www.myspace.com/malignodoom

EDIT: I added the myspace of each band.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
26.07.2009 - 07:05
Zuzuz0r
I'm not much of a fan of Latin American Metal, but I specially like(apart from Angra) Elfonía and Agora. It's a shame that Elfonía is no longer active, I really liked that band, maybe you already know, but the singer from Elfonía, Marcela Bovio is the actual singer from Stream of Passion, and she also had a guest apperance in The Human Equation from Ayreon. Agora is a Progressive Metal band, with some Dream Theater-esque influence, but still they have their sound.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
26.07.2009 - 11:27
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Yup, I forgot to mention Elfonía (Mex), they are pretty good, Marcela has a really nice voice to be listened, also that band IMO has a special sound, very soft, as some people said on the review here in metal storm, maybe that can be called "jazz metal" (some songs in spanish and some in english) hehe, very cool indeed. www.myspace.com/elfoniaband

Agora (Mex) is also very cool, a prog metal band (in spanish), they opened the Maiden Feast here in Mexico this year and IMO they pulled a great show, their live sound is better than in studio, and they had a great response from the attending people. Yes very Dream Theater-esque, but still an enjoyable band. www.myspace.com/agoramx

Another band I would like to mention is Arkhe (Mex), they play technical death metal (in english), and their debut album "Virtual Landscape" is really good (really, at least, IMO), their musicians are skilled (drummer and bassist owns!). You can download their album for free at their website: http://arkheonline.com/main.php?lang=esp&secc= or you can listen to them at www.myspace.com/arkheonline
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
29.07.2009 - 02:35
Zuzuz0r
There's also another band from Mexico, it's a one project man band, at the moment very unknown, from a guy from Last.FM, it is called Lost Reverie, it could be possibly one of the best latin american acts I've ever heard at the moment, you can download some songs here I think: http://www.last.fm/music/Lost+Reverie/Desiderata. Also I liked Mar de Grises, I think I'll add them to the few latin american bands I like.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
31.07.2009 - 20:44
nackjosef
I really lucky to be here and getting very good start with muzic lovers. Thank you so much:)

cheap binders | call center
03.08.2009 - 07:26
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Zuzuz0r on 29.07.2009 at 02:35

There's also another band from Mexico, it's a one project man band, at the moment very unknown, from a guy from Last.FM, it is called Lost Reverie, it could be possibly one of the best latin american acts I've ever heard at the moment, you can download some songs here I think: http://www.last.fm/music/Lost+Reverie/Desiderata. Also I liked Mar de Grises, I think I'll add them to the few latin american bands I like.

I checked Lost Reverie on his myspace and I found you can download the album for free, and actually I really like it, great instrumental music.

http://www.myspace.com/lostrev

And yes, Mar De Grises is an awesome band, I'm not very much into doom metal but I liked a lot their last effort.

http://www.myspace.com/mardegrises2
----
04.08.2009 - 10:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.04.2008 at 17:21

Poema Arcanus and Mar de Grises are two bads that many doomsters from this site should check out.

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about SA's metal scence, wich is a shame since Im from Chile.

add Procession to the Chilean's Doom Metal pedigree.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.08.2009 - 13:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 04.08.2009 at 10:00

Thanks! I heard their myspace for months ago, I need to check them out again because I remember it was good stuff.

I believe that Chile is better doing Doom than any other metal genre.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.08.2009 - 13:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2009 at 13:23

Thanks! I heard their myspace for months ago, I need to check them out again because I remember it was good stuff.

I believe that Chile is better doing Doom than any other metal genre.

ALso check out Mourners Lament and Capilla Ardiente (which both feature Procession's Felipe Plaza)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.08.2009 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.04.2008 at 17:21

Check out all bands what I posted in list some pages ago, those are mously doom, dark, atmosferic metal and old school metal to , damn good, Chile n Brazil might be not first football country there but defenetly best into metal no doubt about it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing