Metal Storm logo
Teräsbetoni - To Perform At Eurovision Song Contest

Teräsbetoni won the Finnish Eurovision Pre-Selection Final with their song "Missä Miehet Ratsastaa" by getting almost 40% of all the given votes. Eurovision Song Contest was held in Finland 2007 because Lordi won the Contest on 2006. Last year the winner came from Serbia and therefore this year the Contest will be held in Serbia.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2008 is the 53rd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest, which will be hosted by Serbia. The semi-finals will be held on 20 and 22 May respectively and the final on 24 May 2008 in the capital, Belgrade.

Teräsbetoni (Finnish for "Steel-reinforced concrete") is a Finnish heavy metal band. Their first album "Metallitotuus" (Finnish for "Metal truth"), was published in 2005 and has so far sold more than 32,000 copies. Teräsbetoni has been strongly influenced by bands such as Manowar. So far they have done only one concert outside Finland, which was at Wacken Open Air 2005.

Watch a Eurovision Pre-Selection live video of "Missä Miehet Ratsastaa" by Teräsbetoni at YouTube.

Source: metalfromfinland.com
Band profile: Teräsbetoni
Posted: 03.03.2008 by Hobbit Viggo

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 167 users
05.03.2008 - 16:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bas on 05.03.2008 at 16:44

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2008 at 16:10

Okay this song is quite crappy but at least it is still 1 million times better than that shitty Lordi song that won two years ago.

i disagree Marcel, Lordi was horrible, but this is even waaaay worse, where did your hate for average european power metal go? this is horribly underaverage european power metal after all!

then again this song actually isn't even really bad compared to other songs i've heard of this band(...)

I still hate average euro power metal, but IMO avreage eruo power metal is still way superior to Lordi's horrible pop rock metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2008 - 18:02
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by skerfy on 05.03.2008 at 15:48

I'm from the uk and ok its not a great song but im still happy theres a bit of metal variety in it lol but if u think finland is going to come last please everyone youtube Irelands entry right now!! talk about a gimmick! its a singing turkey puppet and the songs called "Irelande Douze Pointe" talk bout embarressing i hope its dead last lol

I guess I'll have to give that song a go once I'm back to a PC with sound. Judging from the song title it seems to be just a lame ripoff of what LT United did one or two years ago though.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
05.03.2008 - 18:11
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
You guys should've seen the other contestants we had here...so yes, Teräsbetoni is at least the best from those. The song sucks, but don't all Eurovision songs? Teräsbetoni has much better songs, but why waste a good song for Eurovision, when you can enter with a worse one too. Jarkko Ahola has a great voice. And if Ireland has a singing turkey, why can't we have a metalband? Don't take this too seriously people!
----
You'll never walk alone.
06.03.2008 - 16:33
Yohan

well... they're better than both lordi and hanna, every song theese year seems to suck & they've got a kickass vocal.... and remeber it's about singing and preformeing good not do everything in english.. they'll probably preform the song aswell in finnish which i'm ok with even if i don't speak finnish....
and yes, they are a "cheap" copy of Manowar... but much music theese days are strongly influed by many different bands so big deal...

i for once, still think they've got that special charm and i hope alot of people vote for them... =)
----
tombstone.fi
19.03.2008 - 02:58
W-Lash
Metal Master
Influenced by Manowar? Oh yeah, sure!
If you listen their song Orjatar then you will hear influences...it is a cheap copy of Warriors Of The World United and nothing more.
They suck - that's my opinion.
19.05.2008 - 21:23
NEMESIS333
Account deleted
Can you all stop the comments about the song and VOTE? I like it If you don't fine but the point is that a metal song is in the contest It opens doors for other events in the future VOTE
23.05.2008 - 04:08
crusader84

SUOMI!!!! m/ xD

Yes, song is notnihg special, but imagine if they win, I think that is good for metal, could mean more metal bands on ESC in the future, and maybe better songs , however, the thing is showing people that metal is not dead yet!
24.12.2022 - 01:36
Joppe
Steelemeister
Yes, like the above comments state, they had better songs than this; I'm not sure whether they were trying to get some popularity on themselves by just participating or to win I think the band was pretty good and with a better song choice, who knows, what would have happened? I don't follow the Eurovisions myself, but I guess it would been fun to see true metal of steele reign supreme on this competition and show these posers who's the boss, and that did not happen. Same as with Keep of Kalessin. Well, Manowar hasn't retired, they can still attempt or Virgin Steele, perhaps?

I was watching it during my military service, and it was quite a disappointment to see with my brethren.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 6711 | This month: 6