Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 17.06.2006 - 01:22
Though their genre is categorized as Extreme Folk by Metal Storm, I had this topic in the Melodic Metal forum on MSv2 so I put it here again. @Mods- If you feel it should be moved, please do.

Great band from Germany, they've released one album Turis Fratyr. It won best debut of 2005 in the Metal Storm awards. Let's hear some opinions....
17.01.2010 - 23:29
mr. IRON
Written by FeskarN on 11.01.2010 at 19:18

New album this year! Check their website for the post they made here:http://www.equilibrium-metal.de/news.php This year will be a massive realases of folk metal albums, like Finntroll, Eluvetie and Equilibrium! I wish they could make a song with english lyrics, it would be intressting.

No, never. By any means they shall not turn more mainstream by making English songs. Stick in German, please.

Good to hear there's a new album coming, anyhow. I have pretty high excpectations; it's the album I'm looking forward to the second-to-the most. Rhapsody of Fire's new album is on the top.
18.01.2010 - 14:03
Inlé
Good news! Their two full lengths are both great so the new album should be good.

In fact, 2010 is already shaping up to be better than 2009 in terms of releases.
18.01.2010 - 15:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If 2010 will be even better than 2009, then it will be really HUUUUGE year!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.01.2010 - 22:45
mr. IRON
So far, 2010 seems to be an amazing year if it's about great releases. Perhaps not more good releases than 2009 but definitely more GREAT releases, even if Wintersun's Time is released this year which I doubt
18.01.2010 - 23:56
Inlé
Loads of reliable names, both big and small, have upcoming albums this year. On paper it should be a good year for metal :3
02.03.2010 - 16:18
FeskarN
There is a new vid of the new singer online. Seems like he can do low grunts really good so lets see if he can do high-pitched screaming aswell. And the new album title is "Rekreatur" according to their myspace. Check out the vid here:
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
04.03.2010 - 01:05
JÄY
Metal slave
Its funny how you tend to forget things when you like a band...for instance, i used to think it was weird for a german folk metal band to be called equilibrium...now, its just the name of a good band, to me....
04.03.2010 - 11:06
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by JÄY on 04.03.2010 at 01:05

Its funny how you tend to forget things when you like a band...for instance, i used to think it was weird for a german folk metal band to be called equilibrium...now, its just the name of a good band, to me....

Actually they called themselves like that at a time when they didn't quite know which direction their music would take, but figured the name would fit with either way
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
04.03.2010 - 14:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...fair enough
----

06.04.2010 - 13:10
FeskarN
On the 1 April the band posted that the new album is done! Hope it was not a april joke . (I don't think so at least). Samples will be available soon! Can't wait to hear the more darker sound that this album will have and how the new singer will fit into the music.
----
06.04.2010 - 18:34
Janne
Hugin
I don't want them to be darker..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
06.04.2010 - 20:25
FeskarN
Written by Janne on 06.04.2010 at 18:34

Why? It would be quite boring if they would only make happy melodies in their songs.
----
06.04.2010 - 21:01
Janne
Hugin
Written by FeskarN on 06.04.2010 at 20:25

Written by Janne on 06.04.2010 at 18:34

Why? It would be quite boring if they would only make happy melodies in their songs.

I like them because of these happy melodies.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
07.04.2010 - 20:47
FeskarN
Found the cover art for the new album by accident I think it's pretty weird somehow :/ But it looks ok. The previous cover art are much better. Take a look here: http://www.swedenrock-online.se/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=&article=169721&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=&product=Equilibrium: Rekreatur&tc=SEARCH
----
08.04.2010 - 01:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It is not that bad how the album title sounds
----

08.04.2010 - 03:13
MeloDeathViking
Written by FeskarN on 07.04.2010 at 20:47

Found the cover art for the new album by accident I think it's pretty weird somehow :/ But it looks ok. The previous cover art are much better. Take a look here: http://www.swedenrock-online.se/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=&article=169721&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=&product=Equilibrium: Rekreatur&tc=SEARCH

It's every wierd cover art considering what the other ones looked like.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
08.04.2010 - 18:55
FeskarN
Written by MeloDeathViking on 08.04.2010 at 03:13

Indeed. I'm quite dissapointed about this one..
----
08.04.2010 - 20:59
MeloDeathViking
Written by FeskarN on 08.04.2010 at 18:55

Written by MeloDeathViking on 08.04.2010 at 03:13

Indeed. I'm quite dissapointed about this one..

Personally I don't put to much stock in albums covers. If they are good, then that's awesome, if not, it's no big deal, I'm really more intrested in the music
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
25.06.2010 - 05:17
Torgo
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find english translations for the new Rekreatur album!!! or if someone could translate on here!
30.06.2010 - 03:10
His Eminence
Account deleted
Based on first impressions, Rekreatur isn't as impressive to me as Sagas. It's still quite good though. I'll give it a few more listens then make a more informed decision.
30.07.2010 - 14:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The new album didnt impressed me that much so far...2 great songs, but the rest? meh...
----

30.07.2010 - 23:07
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I haven't even picked up the new album yet. I think I'll listen a few times on youtube first before I drop any cash on it.
31.07.2010 - 11:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
listening on youtube...what do you think i am doing?

but i doubt i will drop my cash on this...i would rather get previous albums...
----

31.07.2010 - 13:37
FeskarN
Written by Ellrohir on 31.07.2010 at 11:04

indeed. Rekreatur is quite big disapointment for me. Sure, there are some really good songs like "Aus Ferner Zeit" and "Fahrtwind" but overall the album is really boring somehow :/. There is nothing really mindblowing stuff like TF and Sagas had.
----
03.08.2010 - 04:17
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 31.07.2010 at 11:04

listening on youtube...what do you think i am doing?

Well, I already have the previous albums, so this is the only one left for me to get...until they release another (hopefully better) album of course. I hope by the next album, their new musicians will be in a good groove with the band and offer a better performance.
13.08.2010 - 12:45
FeskarN
Helge Stang have a new band and it's not Arafel im taking about. They are called Driven and also the former Equilibrium drummer Manuel is in this band too. The music is like Trash/Death metal. Helge just uploaded a music video for a song and I think the song is really boring. Check it out here:
----