Opeth

Original post

Posted by addiction, 22.04.2008 - 13:06
the last opeth thread reached the max of 500 posts....so this is the new one...:)
i've never started a topic before in about 4 years...but this is a good chance...:)
Opeth is a fantastic band, probably my favourite. i more or less like all their albums but i think i like blackwater park slightly more than the rest, maybe because it is the first one i ever listened to.
i am looking forwards to the new album and to see them live on the defenders of the faith tour in london in a few days!!!
anyway, you know the drill...discuss away....
20.03.2017 - 21:29
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Everything from Heritage up to now should be garbage to any level headed person.
20.03.2017 - 23:13
VIG
Eraserhead
Written by 3rdWorld on 20.03.2017 at 21:29

Everything from Heritage up to now should be garbage to any level headed person.

Indeed, but I don't like everything after Blackwater Park, Deliverance, and Damnation. All of their albums have big change in sound from the last. That is why everyone's favorite by them is different, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
30.08.2017 - 09:50
soltar777
Written by 3rdWorld on 20.03.2017 at 21:29

I wouldn't go as far as to say they're garbage, but I would say they need to go back to their roots, sorceress was a pretty big disappointment...
30.08.2017 - 20:17
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Written by soltar777 on 30.08.2017 at 09:50

I wouldn't go as far as to say they're garbage, but I would say they need to go back to their roots, sorceress was a pretty big disappointment...

True. They are fucking up things by collaborating with or speaking to people like Steven Wilson, personally no offense to the guy but he is one of those that think their fart doesn't smell. And I am not blaming just the lack of heavy sound or harsh vocals because they did Damnation without them both and it still was stellar so buck up the songwriting I say.
01.09.2017 - 17:16
Bad English
Masterchief
Written by 3rdWorld on 30.08.2017 at 20:17

Written by soltar777 on 30.08.2017 at 09:50

True. They are fucking up things by collaborating with or speaking to people like Steven Wilson, personally no offense to the guy but he is one of those that think their fart doesn't smell. And I am not blaming just the lack of heavy sound or harsh vocals because they did Damnation without them both and it still was stellar so buck up the songwriting I say.

Well I would say they are garbage, its like metallica, no matter how heavy latest album is after all style and image changes band cant go back and even seeing boat bands live wont work, I woubt I would go to see Opeth live even whit old songs would be put on the table.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2017 - 08:18
theembryo
I saw them live last year, it was good, as naturally (to me) they did a couple of the 'heavier' tunes from Sorceress. I do wish they would perform more off of Still Life, though...