Metal Storm logo
Which country would you love to live in?

19.08.2008 - 05:34
Oracle
Orcinus
Ok since no one has created another thread for this, i will go ahead and do so.
I would love to live in Canada because I really like the scenery and the different landscapes and of course my favourite animal is very easy to find there . I would also love to live in Norway or Finland too because both those countries seem like beautiful places
I'm wondering what country everyone else would love to live in and why?
19.08.2008 - 07:21
ß
Problem?
Written by Oracle on 19.08.2008 at 05:34

Ok since no one has created another thread for this, i will go ahead and do so.
I would love to live in Canada because I really like the scenery and the different landscapes and of course my favourite animal is very easy to find there . I would also love to live in Norway or Finland too because both those countries seem like beautiful places
I'm wondering what country everyone else would love to live in and why?

Canada is alright for scenery. It mostly depends where you go since I haven't been out west I would recommed the east. There are plenty of places id like to live like Sweden,Finland,Norway,and Denmark for obvious reasons and those are just a few . But they place id want to live the most would be Germany. I have plenty of relatives there and when i visited there in 2005 I felt at home for some reason.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
19.08.2008 - 08:36
Oracle
Orcinus
I probably should have been specific to which part of Canada i would like to live. British Columbia is my ideal place to live
19.08.2008 - 12:58
Abattoir
Staff
I don't know what have I said last time in this topic, but if you ask me now, I would say that the country where I would love to live would be still our country Well, nothing special you think, but in my opinion if you would explore our little country, you would be probably quite suprise and fascinated when you would known some beautiful, special places on so small country area.
19.08.2008 - 13:10
Macedonia
Account deleted
I think that there is no better place on earth for everyone to live than his motherland. I was 15 days on holiday in outsaide Macedonia this summer and I had great felling of nostalgia.

But if I must choose...it will be one of the scandinavian countries.
19.08.2008 - 13:34
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
France and Germany _ i've always been fascinated by their writers/philosophers. and Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Canada.
well...i hope i could be a globe-trotter.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
19.08.2008 - 21:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I love the US. I like people there a lot. We seem to share the same mentality... But food in the US suxx. And that's the fact. Still I would love to live there. Which part? Probably anywhere in the East Coast and maybe California (though I've never been there, but so many bands came out of there )
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.08.2008 - 22:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by K✞ulu on 19.08.2008 at 21:32

I love the US. I like people there a lot. We seem to share the same mentality... But food in the US suxx. And that's the fact. Still I would love to live there. Which part? Probably anywhere in the East Coast and maybe California (though I've never been there, but so many bands came out of there )

And a lot of bands also came from Florida!!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.08.2008 - 22:09
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Elio on 19.08.2008 at 22:03

Written by K✞ulu on 19.08.2008 at 21:32

And a lot of bands also came from Florida!!

Yes, it is included in my desired area of living since it's in the East Coast. Death came from Florida, right?
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

19.08.2008 - 22:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by K✞ulu on 19.08.2008 at 22:09

Death came from Florida, right?

yeah!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.08.2008 - 22:36
Cah
So... I would love to live in England because weather is colder, similar winter in Brazil...but I might stay at England and Ireland... Why Ireland? because because medieval castles and famous Saint Patrick's Festival.. ohh How could I forget this... guiness classic beer ...is very sad at brazil this beer very expensive...:(
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
20.08.2008 - 08:10
thesabbathfan
Written by Oracle on 19.08.2008 at 08:36

I probably should have been specific to which part of Canada i would like to live. British Columbia is my ideal place to live

woooo BC!

to be honest though, unless you're a hardcore (like, EXTREMELY hardcore) outdoorsman/hunter/hiker/biker or whatever, BC is just a really average place.

my ideal place would be Finland-land! although i need to know one thing about finland, the country's second language is swedish, so does that mean EVERYBODY speaks swedish or some or most or whats happening?
----
20.08.2008 - 08:36
Oracle
Orcinus
@thesabbathfan: Yeah i dont mind things like thats. I wanna live right on the coast of BC though because i love the ocean and I love whales and dolphins so yeah and there are probably alot of different marine animals to what Australia has...
22.08.2008 - 19:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
OK I take words back about living anywhere in the east coast. I saw new about the new hurricane in Florida, and really I no longer would prefer to live there.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

22.08.2008 - 22:09
Ernis
狼獾
Written by thesabbathfan on 20.08.2008 at 08:10

my ideal place would be Finland-land! although i need to know one thing about finland, the country's second language is swedish, so does that mean EVERYBODY speaks swedish or some or most or whats happening?

Swedish is the first language for around 5,5% of Finland's population....the rest speak Finnish....and to be honest when Anette of Nightwish mentioned on their Helsinki gig that they'd be heading to Sweden to give some gigs there then a portion of the Finnish crowd started "BOOO/NOO" which shows some disrespect of Finns towards Sweden (after all Sweden owned Finland once and some hundred years ago Finnish was spoken only in rural areas whereas Swedish was spoken as first language by the townspeople as this was after all the "more decent official language")
T'day more Finns speak Finnish....and as Ernotar said, they have currently more Russian speakers than Swedish speakers in Finland....(obviously some of them are Karelians whose first language may be Russian nowadays)....
23.08.2008 - 19:51
Replicant
I like to live in Finland, and I did for a year until recently, but I want to move there permanently in the future.
23.08.2008 - 20:55
Janne
Hugin
I'd like to live in Finland for some years but I won't move abroad permanently.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.08.2008 - 21:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Janne on 23.08.2008 at 20:55

Hungary'd be nice....tho it's awfully hot there in the summer....I know a girl who lived six years in Hungary....she even mastered the language tho she's forgotten a great deal of it since she isn't living there any more....
23.08.2008 - 22:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
England definately, i've been studying for years now, the language, the culture. And I loved it when I went there, although I understand England is not only London

If I could, I would live there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.08.2008 - 22:51
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ernis on 23.08.2008 at 21:25

Hungary'd be nice....tho it's awfully hot there in the summer....I know a girl who lived six years in Hungary....she even mastered the language tho she's forgotten a great deal of it since she isn't living there any more....

yes, Hungary WAS a great country, but nowadays, everything is going the wrong direction..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.08.2008 - 23:33
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Finland is one first place, too many reasons,
Argentina also would be great place, or Cuba and one more in Europe is Portugal
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
23.08.2008 - 23:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Cuba a great place to live? Have you got any idea of the living conditions there? As a tourist it's fine, but not to live.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2008 - 00:01
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Janne on 23.08.2008 at 22:51

yes, Hungary WAS a great country, but nowadays, everything is going the wrong direction..

Yes I'm aware of your country's condition....I heard it's similar to Estonia's if not worse....the government saying "We're having an enormous economical success! With minor declines." while the unemployment rates are growing, prices are growing, salaries and retirement pensions are shrinking, there are huge queues for medical help and stuff and at the same time our government and military department are building the most expensive extravaganza war monument of state's history....also Estonia has Europe's fastest growing HIV rates (only sub-Saharan Africa beats us)...and we're also excelling in having the lowest life expectancy of male citizens and high suicide rates....
I hope we will reach the level of Finns sooner or later.....Finland's fine...the politics/life quality/wages/public relations/etc are much better....and of course...the nature's pretty...
24.08.2008 - 00:24
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ernis on 24.08.2008 at 00:01

Written by Janne on 23.08.2008 at 22:51

Yes I'm aware of your country's condition....I heard it's similar to Estonia's if not worse....the government saying "We're having an enormous economical success! With minor declines." while the unemployment rates are growing, prices are growing, salaries and retirement pensions are shrinking, there are huge queues for medical help and stuff and at the same time our government and military department are building the most expensive extravaganza war monument of state's history....also Estonia has Europe's fastest growing HIV rates (only sub-Saharan Africa beats us)...and we're also excelling in having the lowest life expectancy of male citizens and high suicide rates....
I hope we will reach the level of Finns sooner or later.....Finland's fine...the politics/life quality/wages/public relations/etc are much better....and of course...the nature's pretty...

yes, you discribed my country's conditions well. but I think Eesti is still a better place now than Hungary.
We should follow the example of Scandinavian counties. In Northern-Europe everything is OK. Why don't other countries copy them?
My utopia is Finland. But the reason why that country is so good is that the finnish people made it good. Hungary can never follow them because here people are too selfish...
Estonian people are more similar to finns, so that country has a bigger chance to get out from its bad status.
p.s: Finno-Ugrian rulz!!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.08.2008 - 00:33
Sunioj
Maybe I'm romanticizing my roots, but I would like to try out my grandparents original location in Italy called Roseto in Abruzzi. They moved away a long time ago because of the failing economy and whatnot, but things seem to have changed there. I can't think of anywhere else I'd like to be, maybe the states for awhile, but I can't imagine staying there my whole life.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseto_degli_Abruzzi
24.08.2008 - 00:42
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Sunioj on 24.08.2008 at 00:33

...but I can't imagine staying there my whole life.

me too and the reason is obvious but may i ask you why?
----
24.08.2008 - 00:56
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Janne on 24.08.2008 at 00:24

Estonian people are more similar to finns, so that country has a bigger chance to get out from its bad status.

Let me laugh...we're whiny, back-stabbing and greedy....come here and you won't see a smiling face....go to a bar and ask "Do you have any special offers for today" and the bartenders will say "Fuck off idiot! Read the sign! Oh, you didn't see? Well, that's your problem, bitch!"
In Finland they will smile and say "HEI! : D" or "MOI! : D" and help you in all possible ways....well...in Finland a garbage cleaner gets 10 times more money than a doctor/school teacher in Estonia....
Oh, you know I heard in the UK in Scotland the medicines are free of charge for elderly people.....here we have a shitey selection, high prices and elderly people who lack money...In Latvia they at least import some quality stuff from Russia with reasonably good prices but ya know we here don't import Russian stuff that much because Russia's so "ebil"....

Anyway...Estonian's are not Finns....we are more serious, more deep and tormented, more evil and corrupted and also darker and generally pissed off on everyone....a German dude described native Balts in the 18th century and mentioned..."You meet two serfs, a Latvian and an Estonian....one looks at you with a neutral expression...the other one has the "I hate you all" face...""
24.08.2008 - 00:59
Sunioj
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 24.08.2008 at 00:42

I don't know, I just do not have any real connection to the country in general, but could be a great place for building a career and with general opportunities available. I guess I can't really say until I lived there I guess... so maybe I'm scrutinizing too much.
24.08.2008 - 01:11
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ernis on 24.08.2008 at 00:56

Written by Janne on 24.08.2008 at 00:24

Let me laugh...we're whiny, back-stabbing and greedy....come here and you won't see a smiling face....go to a bar and ask "Do you have any special offers for today" and the bartenders will say "Fuck off idiot! Read the sign! Oh, you didn't see? Well, that's your problem, bitch!"
In Finland they will smile and say "HEI! : D" or "MOI! : D" and help you in all possible ways....well...in Finland a garbage cleaner gets 10 times more money than a doctor/school teacher in Estonia....
Oh, you know I heard in the UK in Scotland the medicines are free of charge for elderly people.....here we have a shitey selection, high prices and elderly people who lack money...In Latvia they at least import some quality stuff from Russia with reasonably good prices but ya know we here don't import Russian stuff that much because Russia's so "ebil"....

Anyway...Estonian's are not Finns....we are more serious, more deep and tormented, more evil and corrupted and also darker and generally pissed off on everyone....a German dude described native Balts in the 18th century and mentioned..."You meet two serfs, a Latvian and an Estonian....one looks at you with a neutral expression...the other one has the "I hate you all" face...""

Oh, that's very sad... but I didn't experienced that when I was in Estonia.(my only bad experience was that the cleaner women didn't let me eat at the McDonalds...they were always kicking our chairs whit their mops). All the other people were very helpful with us.
I found an estonian is the mixture of a baltic and a finnish man. a bit similar to latvians and a bit to finns.
And that's sure that not all the people are so bad as you said.(For example you can't be )
And the lack of money can make them so dark and evil. It's the same everywhere...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.08.2008 - 01:54
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Sunioj on 24.08.2008 at 00:59

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 24.08.2008 at 00:42

I don't know, I just do not have any real connection to the country in general, but could be a great place for building a career and with general opportunities available. I guess I can't really say until I lived there I guess... so maybe I'm scrutinizing too much.

i see...one more question, is the law based on relligion or Isreal is secular? what about in schools, do you study theology or such things?
----