Metal Storm logo
Saturnus

Original post

Posted by Valmont, 29.06.2006 - 23:19
Yea, they are from Denmark, anyone interested? Most of the doom fans, like myself, would know them already but to the rest i say they are worth to check out. Their vocal man likes Madonna. That's the oddest thing i would say related to the band tho. They are in MS but they are inactive. Hope the mods will add them but if you're interested search for them on MySpace and LISTEN!
21.04.2008 - 09:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 21:26

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 19:57

Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 19:41

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 17:01

Written by BloodTears on 07.12.2007 at 17:18

I only listened to "verokina decides to die" which was a very famous book here in Portugal at the time is was released (I never read it to be honest) and I thought the album was very good. It had the things I enjoy in doom albums: beautiful atmosphere and raw emotions in the musical creations and in the vocals. Besides matching lyrics are always a plus and then the songs speak for themselves.

Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil who has written Veronika Decides to Die (Veronika decide morrer) read the book if u didnt read.

I know, he is a very popular writer here, everyone reads him. I wanted to read the book but I have so many things to read now that its impossible. Maybe next year

You read it right?

yes ive read that and some other books of him, but if u read Philosophy and Theosophy (i have to say that we call Paulo Coelho's style : West's Theosophy-which is in our opinion sketchy ) before i dont recomend u to read his books Exept:The Alchemist. but if u didnt read Philosophy or Theosophy read them, they r good for start.

PS:I prefer to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez who writes Portuguese too,especially the book called :One Hundred Years of Solitude

WHAT???????????

This post is an aberrhation in every possible literary sense...

Please avoid Coelho if you have a minimal self-respect... pure junk literature, self-help shit...

And Garcia Marques writing in Portuguese????? where the fuck did they teach you that??????

Saturnus are a decent band but sometimes their mellowness works on my nerves.

The thing is that Paulo Coelho sells a lot in Portugal and the reason seems to be because its easy to read but since I never read a book I can't really have an opinion.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.04.2008 - 09:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 08:44

Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 01:13

Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 21:53

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 19:57

Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 19:41

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 17:01

Written by BloodTears on 07.12.2007 at 17:18

I only listened to "verokina decides to die" which was a very famous book here in Portugal at the time is was released (I never read it to be honest) and I thought the album was very good. It had the things I enjoy in doom albums: beautiful atmosphere and raw emotions in the musical creations and in the vocals. Besides matching lyrics are always a plus and then the songs speak for themselves.

Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil who has written Veronika Decides to Die (Veronika decide morrer) read the book if u didnt read.

I know, he is a very popular writer here, everyone reads him. I wanted to read the book but I have so many things to read now that its impossible. Maybe next year

You read it right?

yes ive read that and some other books of him, but if u read Philosophy and Theosophy (i have to say that we call Paulo Coelho's style : West's Theosophy-which is in our opinion sketchy ) before i dont recomend u to read his books Exept:The Alchemist. but if u didnt read Philosophy or Theosophy read them, they r good for start.

PS:I prefer to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez who writes Portuguese too,especially the book called :One Hundred Years of Solitude

I never read Marquez although everyone says he's great, I usually don't go for literature in spanish. And I didnt know he wrote in portuguese.
And Llorca?

I'm more of an anglo american literature lover. Literature writen in Enlgish I should say. Besides portuguese, obviously.

He never wrote in portuguese... the guy that said that was just confused...

yeah u r write he writes spanish that was my mistake-but if u didn read the book i can say that its one of the most wonderful books ever!(One Hundred Years of Solitude)

Well, I might try it if I can buy it for a low price
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.08.2008 - 20:48
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Saturnus has to hurry up and put out a new album with the same quality of their previous ones =(
----
27.11.2008 - 10:41
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm just hearing this band and they are VERY good. I'm gonna pick up an album. I like the song "I Long" from their newest album.
----
Coldgrits
28.11.2008 - 14:58
Bleak
Account deleted
Ok guys i've heard bout this Band but i need to listen to it first so can you tell me the best album they had???
29.11.2008 - 00:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Go to their Myspace and they have a song up from each album I think. Each album seems really strong though. It may be a tough choice
----
Coldgrits
29.11.2008 - 10:18
Bleak
Account deleted
Thanx Dude
15.12.2008 - 19:32
InnerSelf
proofread free
Saturnus are my favorite doom metal band ever and thier vocals and guitars are just amzing and so original, but they work very slow
i have a studio demo that was recorded in 2004 and 4 songs were ready ,2 about to be done and just 2 songs not written " descending" and "rain wash me" , however they released thier album in 2006
i think they should fast it up a little and release an album.
and the guys in thier offical website are not working at all !!!! no updates
i fear that they will be forgotten
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
17.12.2008 - 05:12
the stranger
With such great albums as Paradise Belongs To You or Veronika Decides To Die they're far from being forgotten.
20.12.2008 - 16:06
FOOCK Nam
I have only the Martyre, so I would share my judgement on this one as, well I have too feeling about their music, music is good with recitative vocal, thats what I like but for the growling, I feel they do it awkwardly, not really good growling vocal IMO. They are different to other doom bands, their songs length mostly are 4- 5 mintues, but Im not really bothered by it, theres only song in Martyre is 7 more minutes. I was antipathied to the thing of the band, that the singer is a big fan of Madona, but gradually Im not bothered. Not really own their last one, Veronika Decide To Die, but I listened to it, I love the clean vocal which is not much used in Martyre.
23.12.2008 - 10:03
Sandarameth
Account deleted
They are perfect!)) i have all their albums..i think..they are the greatest band in doom metal genre..my favourite song is The Fall Of Nakkiel..ah..sorry(( my english don't let me to speak about them more((
29.12.2008 - 02:12
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I just got VDtD and I really like it. "Rain Wash Me" is my favorite track so far.
----
Coldgrits
31.12.2008 - 18:40
Winterstorm
Account deleted
I saw them live a few years ago together with Agalloch and Novembers Doom (yes you may be jealous ), but I never got to know their music very good.

So does anyone has any recommendations? Their best album to start with, or just songs?
03.01.2009 - 02:55
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 31.12.2008 at 18:40

I saw them live a few years ago together with Agalloch and Novembers Doom (yes you may be jealous ), but I never got to know their music very good.

So does anyone has any recommendations? Their best album to start with, or just songs?

To start out I'd start of with the few songs on their Myspace. that's what enticed me to buy, Veronika Decides to Die. Its a very great album in my opinion.

I've heard, Martyre was also very good but I can't find it where its not ungodly expensive( that may just be because I live in the States though)... hope that helped
----
Coldgrits
08.02.2009 - 22:15
Dest
The Saturnus albums are not that hard to get here in the Netherlands.

I love these guys, but I can't really say which album to get first, they are all very, very good. But Veronika Decides to Die is the one I listen to the most.
11.12.2009 - 15:55
InnerSelf
proofread free
Anything new from the band
has anybody heard anything?
----
is not bold enough
12.12.2009 - 04:34
the stranger
12.12.2009 - 19:00
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
Elite
Saturnus and Draconian must be two of the most overrated bands in the doom scene. Dont get me wrong, they are not bad (Saturnus, that is) but they arent all that special either. And they somehow tend to get boring too fast after a couple of listens, IMO.
----
15.12.2009 - 12:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Saturnus might be the less boring doom metal band ever
they always do it right "I am not saying that just because I am a fan" not too long -not too short with huge amounts of feelings , and I don't think they are overrated in anyway possible
----
is not bold enough
19.12.2009 - 17:43
MELANCOHOLIC
Saturnus is a damn GREAT band and it's a shame they have only released 3 albums and an EP. First album is very very good one i like it lots BUT Martyre is a truly masterpiece, so melodic, dark, melancholic, beautiful...It reallys touches my heart and senses like no other album but Veronika decides to die. Another piece of art that makes me shivers everytime i listen to it. I just close my eyes and it makes me feel i am in another dimension, no time no space... I can't describe with simple words what Saturnus' music means to me. I couldn't pick up one song as their best one or my favorite, every album is like a whole to me. My favorite band without a doubt. And Thomas vocals are one of the most special ones in the Doom/Death scene, so touching and dark and full of feelings in every lyrics' line, growling, screaming, whispering, reciting, it doesn't mind how he does it cause it is just AMAZING.
10.06.2020 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting post on their facebook

Unreleased things may come very soon.

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing