Metal Storm logo
Jay Reatard

20.10.2008 - 19:23
Branzig
So, I was just recently turned on to one of the greatest garage rock bands of our time! The name of the man/artist is Jay Reatard, and he is putting out some incredible music. Seriously, his latest release (well not really "latest" he's been working on his new album for a while, "Blood Visions" came out in like '06 I think), "Blood Visions," has knocked me out of a 9-day-marathon of listening to nothing but Coffins new release (Buried Death, another amazing album, if you don't have it get it ). I don't know how many people in this community like/appreciate garage rock, but if you love sloppy, garage-recorded, catchy-as-hell punk rock, you owe it yourself to pick up "Blood Visions."

The main reason I created this thread was to discuss Jay Reatard and his works. If you are a seasoned vet who already loves him, or you just picked up "Blood Visions" for the first time, please feel free to leave comments on him or discuss what you do/don't like about him.

I'm sure mostly everything that gets posted here will be positive, since he rocks so damn hard haha
----
In Grind We Crust