Metal Storm logo
Ever Got Mistaken For Satanist?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 03.12.2008 - 00:58
Ok so im just walk into school fresh off the bus ready to start another shitty day of school when all of a sudden my principle pulls me aside and asks me about my shirt. the shirt i was wearing was a lamb of god shirt with the goat head skull thingy and then she continued to say "that this school does not tolerate satanist and there public displays of there beliefs such as shirts, symbols (i had a pentagram thing on my binder), and other things your type believe in. she didnt even give me a chance to explain before she yelled at me to get to class before i miss first period.

i couldnt even really get mad all i could do was laugh.
has this ever happened to you guys?
28.12.2008 - 19:30
Hellkommando
I have often been called evil, lol.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
28.12.2008 - 20:58
VPeter
In a town full of Christians who want among other things a car less Sunday, there is very little needed to be called a Satanist.
30.12.2008 - 16:19
Ascendant187
Written by VPeter on 28.12.2008 at 20:58

In a town full of Christians who want among other things a car less Sunday, there is very little needed to be called a Satanist.

Cars, on the day of rest, are the devil? Man... that's kinda funny but at the same time not a terrible idea, in the sense of reducing emissions and all that.
31.12.2008 - 01:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
When i bought Sabaton hood...mother asked "Sabaton comes from Sabbath, doesnt it"

and i am not speaking about my Summoning t-shirt with their genius logo
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.12.2008 - 18:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ellrohir on 31.12.2008 at 01:52

and i am not speaking about my Summoning t-shirt with their genius logo

Kinda off-topic what Iä'm going to say but I jsut agree with you... Their logo is really beautiful.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.01.2009 - 02:01
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Hellkommando on 28.12.2008 at 19:30

I have often been called evil, lol.

Yeah, me too. Last time - few minutes ago. But am I evil? Do I look evil, huh? *puppy eyes*

Anyway, others sometimes call me a Satanist because of my looks. Nah, I'm not looking like a goth usually and most of all - I'm not all in black too. I guess others just catch me at the moments when I look dangerous, whoa. Hm, the most evil part of my outfit are my fingernails which usually are quite long (but as I'm quite seriously into sports, sometimes there are no nails at all XD), also I scrape a lot...
And indeed, yes I have an inverted cross too.. with a pentagram inside of it. But it's decorating my room by now. And I'm still an atheist, heh.

But the point is - I do not worship Satan. I may joke about it, but seriously I'm not doing it.
23.01.2009 - 10:05
Freezer
It has happened quite often, sometimes along with insults and attempts to violence, but fortunately nothing too serious.

Naturally, I am not a Satanist, at least not in the common understanding of the term XD
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
25.01.2009 - 02:50
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Yep.. might be due to the sigil of Baphomet pendant I wear though, or the patch on my leather jacket...the goat head sleeve tattooo... who knows? Or occassionally yelling "Hail Satan!!!" to bible thumpers (all in good fun!), but I'm not a Satanist, in fact I loathe LaVey types and rather, I align myself with symbology that shows I am anti-christian even though I am inadvertedly perpetuating the religion.
26.01.2009 - 18:21
Slayer666
I am getting mistaked for a Satanist all the time by a "friend" of mine who knows about that stuff and is mature as a 3 year old (he's the same age I am). Natturaly, anyone who knows me a bit better agrees that I am a Satanist about as much as an orange.... (I like to compare stuff) But those people who know me better do say that I tend to be pretty cruel at times...
26.01.2009 - 23:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 23.01.2009 at 02:01

Yeah, me too. Last time - few minutes ago. But am I evil? Do I look evil, huh? *puppy eyes*

was your mom a witch? lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgv587ooNM it's a lyric from this song, that question you posed reminded me of it

well only people who are ignorant towards the subject call me satanist or something, either that or they are just joking. i have been called a satanist a numerous amount of times, even though i do not adhere to the satanist codes. more often than not if they studied how a satanist thinks the people who called me that would discover that they in fact are more satanistic than me, lol.
26.01.2009 - 23:39
Ragana
Rawrcat
Damn, but it's a great song. And my mom is cool.
27.01.2009 - 15:46
Yossarian
Well.
First I need to explain a catholic ceremony or parade that perhaps you don't know about it, because it does not happen in your countries.
It is a series of processions or parades ocurring at Easter every year during 4 consecutive days in which the people are dressed with long gowns and strange hoods alike the ones used by Ku Klux Klan -but nothing to do with them as far as I know- Sometimes the people are chained to each other, barenaked or wearing long and heavy lamps. They accompany several groups of statues above big platforms carried by men and sometimes women.

I was 16 or 17 and was trying to pass across a street when this procession was taking place. Then a photographer asked me to have a picture of me looking towards one of these platforms. I was wearing a t-shirt showing the cover of Show no Mercy album.

A bishop coming in the procession came to me and started yelling and calling me blasphemous and all the people looking at the procession were dumbstruck for the situation. Then the photographer came and I thought he would calm the bishop down and save me, but the motherfucker said to the bishop that he just wanted to reflect that both cultures satanism and catholicism could live together in peace. I explained to him that I were not a satanist, cos I don't believe in Satan or Christ or God. The bishop was even more furious. Then my father came and hit me. Then the police came and calm the bishop down after 15 minutes argueing.

The day after my parents threw the tshirt to the bin after ripping it off with scissors. I took it and it was really damaged just in the back, so I cut down the front still showing almost the whole cover image intact and made a patch that I sewed -with great difficulties I remember- to the back of a denim leather and they did not realise after I told her some years later that it was the same image that was in the "controversial" t-shirt.

Haha.

That was one of the most strange moments of my youth
27.01.2009 - 16:36
Freezer
Written by Yossarian on 27.01.2009 at 15:46

Well.
First I need to explain a catholic ceremony or parade that perhaps you don't know about it, because it does not happen in your countries.
It is a series of processions or parades ocurring at Easter every year during 4 consecutive days in which the people are dressed with long gowns and strange hoods alike the ones used by Ku Klux Klan -but nothing to do with them as far as I know- Sometimes the people are chained to each other, barenaked or wearing long and heavy lamps. They accompany several groups of statues above big platforms carried by men and sometimes women.

I was 16 or 17 and was trying to pass across a street when this procession was taking place. Then a photographer asked me to have a picture of me looking towards one of these platforms. I was wearing a big backpatch of Slayer Show no Mercy album in my denim jacket.

A bishop coming in the procession came to me and started yelling and calling me blasphemous and all the people looking at the procession were dumbstruck for the situation. Then the photographer came and I thought he would calm the bishop down and save me, but the motherfucker said to the bishop that he just wanted to reflect that both cultures satanism and catholicism could live together in peace. I explained to him that I were not a satanist, cos I don't believe in Satan or Christ or God. The bishop was even more furious. Then my father came and hit me. Then the police came and calm the bishop down after 15 minutes argueing.

Fuck.
Oh my :|
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
27.01.2009 - 17:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
bishops!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.01.2009 - 18:55
Slayer666
Written by Yossarian on 27.01.2009 at 15:46

Well.

I was 16 or 17 and was trying to pass across a street when this procession was taking place. Then a photographer asked me to have a picture of me looking towards one of these platforms. I was wearing a t-shirt showing the cover of Show no Mercy album.

The day after my parents threw the tshirt to the bin after ripping it off with scissors. I took it and it was really damaged just in the back, so I cut down the front still showing almost the whole cover image intact and made a patch that I sewed -with great difficulties I remember- to the back of a denim leather and they did not realise after I told her some years later that it was the same image that was in the "controversial" t-shirt.

Haha.

That was one of the most strange moments of my youth

Wow, that's a real bitch... So, did they finnaly understod that you are not what they thought? And, why did your father hit you?
28.01.2009 - 15:24
Yossarian
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

well the bishop did not realise. He could not tell the difference between metalheads and satanists. That happened long time ago and there were not many metalheads in that region of Spain during the late 80's, so perhaps that bishop had never seen a metalhead...he just saw a boy with long hair and a picture of the beast inside a pentagram.

The photographer perhaps did or perhaps did not. Later that chap became druggy with pills and/or cocaine, so...he was a confused person then, as it is now.

My parents obviously understood then. They were a bit upset at first with the fact that I made a scene in the middle of the street with many people watching. My mother has always been quite active in the church community and some people from her side of the family are priests or higher. In case that they took me for a satanist would have tell some priest -friend or kin- to come to my house to make me an exorcism. I thought that it could happen for a moment, but it did not. They knew my passion for metal since I was even 11 and they knew I care for the music, not the messages and that satanism in metal is used, because you can't sing about lollypops and popcorns with this precious savage and full of feeling music style. -I am referring to Slayer, Iron Maiden and the like...leaving Scandinavian Black metal bands apart-

Some people of the ones watching can even think yet that I am a satanist, but I don't care. If they can't realise the truth that means that they are ignorant and I don't care about ignorants.

My father hit me cos there were oldfashioned customs in small middle towns in that region of Spain still in 1987-1988. You could not make public scenes, argue with older people -above all if they are priests or higher- and you have to be always aware about the other people think of you, because if not you would be criticised and then ignored or even worse. He saw me discussing with a bishop and a photographer in the middle of the street atracting the attention of many people that knew me and him -not the bishop. He was from another province invited to the ceremony-. So when he appeared in the scene, many people were looking at him expecting him to do something, so he decided to be in the side of the priest...and the people, because some people might criticise him later for not doing that.
That sounds stupid now in Spain and ever in other countries, but Spain suffered a great repression so many years with Franco, the importance of the church and the general ignorance of the people who thought that it is better what the others think of you other than what you really are. Everything different was considered bad, because the political regime would consider it bad -a threat-, so people had to pretend their personalities and hide their thoughts and opinions. Sad but true.

Wow, that's a real bitch... So, did they finnaly understod that you are not what they thought? And, why did your father hit you?
30.08.2009 - 03:24
Nardy7
Actually, yes, many times. I'm Catholic, though.
01.09.2009 - 04:01
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
HAHA!!!!!! yeah one time when i was Wearing My Dissection shirt, But I guess I was asking for it right? with the logo No worries I know I'm not. I used to get angry but now I just laugh at their ignorance, I love it when Gangsters ask me "Ey dogg you a Punker or what ese"?
10.09.2009 - 05:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Some people in my GF'sfamily think I am a satanist because of my tattoo. Which is egyptian, not satanic.. MAybe it's the fact that it covers almost all my chest
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.09.2009 - 10:21
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Last time I was 'referred' to as a Satanist was around 5 years ago, during the time I lost my best friend who committed suicide. I did my visits to her grave as well as other family members. And I saw these couple in there, they were paying their respects too. So little did I know, they 'believed' I was there for worshipping. Which was due to a fucked up 'stereotype'. (I often wore black and heavy make up around my eyes) )

Those two said they saw me lying down on the ground and doing some worshipping acts while my eyes were rolled up. So when I got home, mum confronted me, asking me where I went. I told her I went to the cemetery. Then she asked me what I was doing, yeah, I told her the truth. "Then why am I hearing that they saw you lying down on the ground doing 'unholy' things?' I just laughed at that...she didnt find it amusing so I yelled at her. 'I was just kneeling and praying!'

After that...everyone that I talked to, always asked the first question. "Is it true?" Aha. Stupid stereotypes.
08.12.2009 - 14:28
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Elijah on 07.12.2008 at 02:41

I was mistaken for a woman once. Much more satisfying. Made me feel pretty.

Lol me too actually. This really old man once called me "love" before seeing my face and realising that I am indeed male. He somewhat embarrassingly muttered "oh I thought you were a girl".

My Dad had it happen too years and years ago. It was when he was in his late 20's I think and he had hair down to his waist. One night he was eating tea at this pub-type eatery which for some reason must've had dancing on that night, because some bloke came up to my Dad from behind (he was sitting at a table eating) and said "may I have this next dance my dear". Needless to say the bloke got quite a shock when my full-bearded father turned to look at the person addressing him!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
08.12.2009 - 15:11
SerratedSyringe
I've never actually been called a Satanist, but....

I used to spike the front part of my hair up into 'devil horns' It was really cool looking, but naturally some people were upset by it. I was at work one day wearing the horns, and I had to ring up a customer. I could tell she was already a bit apprehensive of my appearance, but then her total came out to $6.66! She just stared at me for a moment, with a look of disbelief, and fright, before quickly turning and almost running out the door. I told the story to my boss, being an atheist Korean, she thought it was hilarious.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
08.12.2009 - 15:49
soadbyob
Account deleted
Yeah, every fuckin day, man
AM I EVIL? no, not really
09.12.2009 - 06:37
MetallicA
Well I identified as one when I was a junior in high school. But not after that.

Since then, I've been mistaken for one less and less and that's probably because I dress more like a girl now. I don't have any aweful or funny stories though...just people wondering how can I like metal AND be somewhat 'normal' haha
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
10.12.2009 - 22:21
Haven't been classified as one, ever since that time when someone called me one, spread rumors, confronted him, kicked his ass if front of his gf and a group of people. I don't do much to celebrate god or anything, but I don't want to be classified with those fail atheist fucks. I live life as how I make it, I don't need any figure helping me along through my life.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
23.12.2009 - 16:23
Cyroth
I get called that way under a form of a joke by my class mates,mostly on my religion class ...but I know the day will come when somebody will call me for no reason satanist[although I have a T-shirt with a skull that has horns,but does that mean I am? ]...the low-lives of my society are stupid and ignorant enough to call me that...I mean here in Romania it is gipsy music vs metal...like a smaller version of the international war between rap and metal
----
05.01.2010 - 11:54
Satanus
Hey Guys ,, the same has happened with me ,,, people in college think that i'm athiest man when i'm wearing Lamb of God t-shirt ( Killadelphia's DVD Poster ) ... i live in a rotten society and i don't know how they think ... anyway ,, i'm MetalHead and Proud ,,, and i consider myself the no.1 fan of Lamb of God in my country ...
07.01.2010 - 17:04
I_Die_Often
Many times by iliterates at work and rappers.
Many years ago, In Mount Vernon Illinois, I'm at a stop light blasting Nuclear Assult... and the woman in the car next to me does the sign of the cross and starts praying... right there in her car!!!!
"Oh my God - I'm stealing her soul!!!!!" I thought!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
08.01.2010 - 02:40
Oracle
Orcinus
I don't think i've been called a satanist yet.. I don't really give people the chance to as i don't really wear metal clothing often. However if i do wear a metal shirt or whatever, chicks will stare at me like i'm a freak and sometimes lil kids look at me and start screaming because they think i look scary lol
08.01.2010 - 03:12
Culty
Yeah i've been called a Satanist and a Stoner. Mostly just by preppy people. I've never been confronted by any priests or anything though! But my mom thought i was either satanic or always on drugs for stupid reasons. But she's over it now and just thinks I'm weird.
----
Gfnttlr