Metal Storm logo
ZZ Top

04.07.2006 - 21:21
Johny.Walker
Account deleted
I was lookin' for some ZZ Top thread, but I couldn't find any, so I start his one. All ZZ's fans are welcome.

I also got a little problem here. I'm looking for the spanish version of 'El Diablo' (Tejas album, 1976). I listened to it few months ago on my computer, but I deleted it, and now I can find only the english version. Does anyone own the spanish version or knows where I could get it ? Thx a lot.
04.07.2006 - 21:24
nick35
Account deleted
love them billy gibbons is so cool with his cars and guitars rock on man
05.07.2006 - 01:15
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Yeah...Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill are two badasses of music...great personas. I love their style of music too- I'm a huge fan of 'Legs'.
05.07.2006 - 19:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I used to have the ZZ key chain...

Billy Gibbons is the man. My brother's former roommate (this happened about 12 years ago) was a busboy at a fairly posh local retreat. Billy Gibbons came in with two FINE looking women and was enjoying a meal, and saw my brother's roommate busting his ass cleaning up tables, etc, around the restaurant and called him over. Billy gave him an autographed two dollar bill, then said "oh, hell, you can't spend that!" and gave him a $100 bill so he could keep the $2 and still have some $100 to spend.

That rocks.

I also find it amusing that Billy and Dusty are famous for their facial hair... and the clean shaven drummer is named Frank Beard.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.07.2006 - 16:09
Bankler
Account deleted
They are so cool! Beards, ladies and humor! Love those guys!
04.08.2006 - 09:26
Beer Fairy
I love these guys
09.08.2006 - 02:14
Gothya
yeah, pretty cool guys, i also like some of their songs and their own style, even i'm not their fan, but zz top's music is sooo cool, their videos too , i have no problem hearing them
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
22.08.2006 - 00:29
she_devil
Account deleted
"cas i'm bad to the bone ...ta na na na na na! "...they have a unique stile...really cool and cathy...:thumbup:
23.08.2006 - 00:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Author on 22.08.2006 at 00:29

"cas i'm bad to the bone ...ta na na na na na! "...they have a unique stile...really cool and cathy...:thumbup:

That's George Thorogood.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.08.2006 - 05:33
Ibanez07
Account deleted
LMFAO! I know what she's thinking of though...I make that mistake all the time. Perhaps it's 'I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide'?
26.08.2006 - 23:09
she_devil
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 23.08.2006 at 00:30

Written by Author on 22.08.2006 at 00:29

That's George Thorogood.

i think that this song is sung by zztop too ...and i know that the original singeri is G.Thorogood...and sry is i'm mistakeing
28.08.2006 - 01:03
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I think that ZZ top is very cool band,good ol' Texans

I got some albums from Tres Hombers to Afterburner and they all are pretty good southern rock

Only good thing what comes out of Texas
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
24.09.2006 - 14:46
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I love ZZ Top, Blues Rock at its best, love there beards, , my fav songs are " bad to the bone " " tush" " la grange ".
26.09.2006 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like them, ok maybe Im lil pssed o of 3 top sogs what top comercal tv and radio play, but I like erly albums of ZZ TOP when thay play blues, and ist great and music what you shood isten whit whisky glass, its well great band and one of clasics!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2007 - 06:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I dont mind ZZ top, but I cant sit through an entire album, I like there sound but I find them really repetitive
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.07.2007 - 15:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 14.03.2007 at 06:03

I dont mind ZZ top, but I cant sit through an entire album, I like there sound but I find them really repetitive

I sugest you listen early albums of 60ties take Jack Daniels and you will understand music, I can lsiten 80ties albums I mena full albums too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2007 - 23:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am going to see them alive in few mounths, can wait!!!

I love all of their albums, and I really love their sound in generally, and I agree with K7, ZZ Top + bottle of good old Jack Daniels and I don't need anything, heaven it is
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.08.2007 - 07:10
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I've got a couple Greatest Hits albums, really good stuff, La Grange is one of my very favourite songs. Mississippi, Nationwide, Doubleback are also killer
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.09.2007 - 15:14
therest
Is "Lowrider" originally a ZZ Top song or is it a cover? I can play it on a harmonica.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
13.09.2007 - 21:46
?Master?
Account deleted
classic
legendary
awesome!
15.09.2007 - 02:24
Alex Smith
Yeah, ZZ Top rocks! I heard, that someone offered them 40 million dollars for shave their beards. Of course, they refused...
18.09.2007 - 00:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Gillette offered both Gibbons and Hill $1,000,000 each to cut their beards for a commercial. Not exactly $40 million, but still an awful lot of cash to turn down.
----

07.10.2008 - 11:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Alex Smith on 15.09.2007 at 02:24

Yeah, ZZ Top rocks! I heard, that someone offered them 40 million dollars for shave their beards. Of course, they refused...

of course they refused. there would be national pandaemonium if the members of ZZ Top shaved their beards. it'd be like when metallica cut their hair except, you know, there would be anarchy.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.10.2008 - 16:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
they said "we'd be to ugly without them" gotta love a sense of humour

and i also love the song "La Grange"
07.10.2008 - 19:36
Branzig
There ain't a thang wrong with that dirty, Texas, blues-rock-brand they got a goin' on.

My dad got to see them down in Texas a couple times when they were just a local bar band, playing the circuits. He said that they put on the craziest shows. Always drunk, always good, always looking for trouble hahah.

And with albums like Tres Honbres...just forget about it. They're legends.
----
In Grind We Crust
07.10.2008 - 20:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 07.10.2008 at 11:04

of course they refused. there would be national pandaemonium if the members of ZZ Top shaved their beards. it'd be like when metallica cut their hair except, you know, there would be anarchy.

i think the same thing would happen if K7 learned how to write and read proper english
08.10.2008 - 02:22
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 07.10.2008 at 20:21

Written by LeChron James on 07.10.2008 at 11:04

i think the same thing would happen if K7 learned how to write and read proper english

yeah the same thing would happen except with fire and brimstone instead of full fledged anarchy LOLZ:lol:
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.06.2009 - 17:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BitterCOld on 05.07.2006 at 19:41

Billy Gibbons is the man. My brother's former roommate (this happened about 12 years ago) was a busboy at a fairly posh local retreat. Billy Gibbons came in with two FINE looking women and was enjoying a meal, and saw my brother's roommate busting his ass cleaning up tables, etc, around the restaurant and called him over. Billy gave him an autographed two dollar bill, then said "oh, hell, you can't spend that!" and gave him a $100 bill so he could keep the $2 and still have some $100 to spend.

how was the guy sure it was Gibbons and not the bassist? lol they look exactly the same to me
10.06.2009 - 17:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Valentin B on 10.06.2009 at 17:13

how was the guy sure it was Gibbons and not the bassist? lol they look exactly the same to me

Gibbons is the one who always has two (or more) hotties on his arm everywhere he goes.
----

10.06.2009 - 17:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2009 at 17:27

Written by Valentin B on 10.06.2009 at 17:13

Gibbons is the one who always has two (or more) hotties on his arm everywhere he goes.

well that makes perfect sense[/irony]
what if he goes somewhere where no-one knows who he is?

conversation with a hooker:
"hey babe, come join me"
"you looking for a good time, gramps?"
"nah, i'm too old for that, just sit there and look good"