Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 05.07.2006 - 19:28

Rhapsody...one of the cheesiest bands ever, hmm...maybe one of the best...each and every one of their albums contains epic choral arrangements, soaring vocals, mindblowing instrumentation, and of course, the quality that defines the band...the orchestra...unlike some bands, who have an orchestra just to hide the horrid quality of their music, Rhapsody uses it in a way to make you want to slay orcs and dragons, lol...yes I know...nowadays, the method of combining orchestras and choruses to power metal is almost standard...however, Rhapsody was one of the first to use it, and use it to its full potential...anyways, the orchestra rocks...makes it more epic...Rhapsody has been one of the biggest and most influential epic metal bands ever...climactic, epic songs full of adventure...and now, actor Christopher Lee (who plays Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies) does most of the narrations for their albums...I find it really captivating, and exciting (and cheesy)...much neoclassical stylings on the guitar, and some absolutely crushing lines...of course, most of the songs go at 100 miles per hour, with doublebass and palm muted chords apounding, and the synths laying down a barrage of notes...as usual...however, they do have some great ballads...it doesnt matter...highly recommended (at least by me)...Rhapsody is one of the most unique bands of the power metal scene...so...welcome brother, to the world of power metal...a dangerous land filled with dragons, steel, magic, orcs, demons, wizards, and lots of cheese...power metal has some of the highest levels of cheese in any sort of music, but anyways...I think its great...and you should also check Luca Turilli's side project.

Fabio Lione (vocals)
Luca Turilli (guitar)
Alex Staropoli (keyboards)
Patrice Guers (bass)
Alex Holzwarth (drums)

if you dont know anything about Rhapsody, well, this video speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMeBTmiX4g Unholy Warcry

hail mighty Rhapsody
20.11.2006 - 15:55
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Katatronik on 18.11.2006 at 16:35

The Mystic Prophecy Of The Demonknight is the most memorable song, every time I listen to it I enter into the Enchanted Lands, it gives me the creeps and excites me, it's amazing... A real masterpiece song, indeed

Totally agree I also like all the dialogues and narrations on that song. And the choruses of the song remind me of the atmosphere in 'Dawn Of Victory' album
21.11.2006 - 13:15
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The characters are interpreted by real actors, it all sounds like a movie!
I love all of that song, Fabio uses also scream vocals... I excite every time I listen to it!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.11.2006 - 04:45
danzig111
Account deleted
Christopher Lee is on the new release too isn't he

they didn't make much promotion about it as the last release.
23.11.2006 - 14:44
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Yes, Christopher Lee will offer his vocal narration during the entire "Dark Secret" saga, wow!
He also sing together with the epic choir in some tracks, great man indeed!
----

23.11.2006 - 17:32
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
They should make a movie and a game with ths story!
Would be great! Serious!
----
Last.fm
25.11.2006 - 06:32
Bitch Boy
@ O Sinistron: a movie is a great idea, but a game?
25.11.2006 - 06:35
Baz Anderson
Staff
Iron Maiden did it - why not Rhapsody. they seem to think they can do anything now.. haha
25.11.2006 - 17:36
danzig111
Account deleted
Yeah, I mean shit if someone like Rob Zombie could direct a movie, why can't Luca Turilli?
25.11.2006 - 19:25
Bitch Boy
@ danzig111: Luca Turilli should only write the script of the movie, and let Peter Jackson be in charge of the direction.
26.11.2006 - 12:31
duyhung
Account deleted
@ O Sinistron : yeah, maybe a game, like 'Lord Of The Rings'
26.11.2006 - 20:25
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Ramung on 26.11.2006 at 17:37

I did't understand why they had to change their name. I find the new name kind of stupid. Could someone tell me why they changed their name?

http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=2906&page=&message_id=
There you'll find the reasons why they changed their name
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
26.11.2006 - 23:17
Bitch Boy
I never understood those "copyright and trademark issues". Was there any band before Rhapsody (of Fire) with that name??
27.11.2006 - 21:06
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Gossips said that an american rap band (or a single american rapper) had name Rhapsody before them...
Luca Turilli and friends proposed to the rapper(s) for using both the same name, but these americans insisted and had the rights...
----

28.11.2006 - 02:32
Bitch Boy
Written by Katatronik on 27.11.2006 at 21:06

Gossips said that an american rap band (or a single american rapper) had name Rhapsody before them...
Luca Turilli and friends proposed to the rapper(s) for using both the same name, but these americans insisted and had the rights...

Really?? What a shame. I thought that the original Rhapsody was an ancient underground metal band from 70s or 80s...
28.11.2006 - 02:51
danzig111
Account deleted
You had better be shitting me!

I at least thought it was some shit to do with the p2p downloading program! But that story posted above is shameful!
28.11.2006 - 18:34
duyhung
Account deleted
Hmm, so they got the right reason to change their name
28.11.2006 - 19:19
Bitch Boy
@ duyhung: yes dude, that's why they turned the name into that ridiculous one, not because they wanted to.....

(hope so)
04.12.2006 - 04:44
GrimRocker
Account deleted
Rhapsody is sexy and can fit a cabbage in a donkey ass while brittany spear's crotch looks like michle jackson's face. j/k

But Rhapsody tends to blow my mind in such a fashon as towhere i type random crap off the top of my head. It's the Pride of the Tyrant that did it. Or the walls of jerico. anyway its one of they're many many original songs that makes my fingers make me look stupid.
05.12.2006 - 04:15
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17397] on 04.12.2006 at 04:44

Rhapsody is sexy and can fit a cabbage in a donkey ass while brittany spear's crotch looks like michle jackson's face. j/k

But Rhapsody tends to blow my mind in such a fashon as towhere i type random crap off the top of my head. It's the Pride of the Tyrant that did it. Or the walls of jerico. anyway its one of they're many many original songs that makes my fingers make me look stupid.

ahhh yes aren't they mind blowing and i fucking love that "Pride Of The Tyrant" song

but 'Walls Of Jericho' was Helloween, not Rhapsody
20.12.2006 - 02:48
Bitch Boy
@ TheReaper: I think the same about Mighty Rhapsody, for me it was a better name and we were kind of used to it because of the site.
20.12.2006 - 05:47
danzig111
Account deleted
Dude, i just found out today that Christopher Lee is 84 years of age
20.12.2006 - 16:09
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Really so old?
Anyway, he is a great actor, phantastic... and his help for the Dark Secret Saga is fundamental for his theatrical voice tone and the great interpretation of his vocal parts... One of my favourite actors indeed!
----

20.12.2006 - 16:38
danzig111
Account deleted
Yeah seriously, in 1958, he played the role of Count Dracula. What I like is his role as Saruman in Lord Of The Rings though!

by the way, who in the hell are those other actors who do spoken parts/narrations on 'Triumph Or Agony' Susannah York (Superman wtf?) ? Stash Kirkbride? Who on earth are they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfQSVGwy6aM
20.12.2006 - 20:04
Bitch Boy
@ danzig111: 84 y.o.?? he's really old, but he still can act and make some vocals I also think he's a great actor.
22.12.2006 - 00:05
danzig111
Account deleted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee

.....yeah ummm about that duet he did with Fabio Lione, is that only the video version or something that he's featured in
23.12.2006 - 01:45
Bitch Boy
@ danzig111: thank you dude!! He's also very tall: 6' 5"

About your question, it's supposed that the narrator's voice at "Symphony of enchanted lands 2" and "Triumph or Agony" is his voice.
23.12.2006 - 02:02
danzig111
Account deleted
sure ummm, but what I was asking, like for "The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream", in the video, Christopher Lee sings with Fabio Lione but on the CD he doesn't. Is the video version available on soem MP3 somewhere?
23.12.2006 - 02:31
Bitch Boy
I don't know try to search and download it from any of those programs
09.01.2007 - 13:51
Roblar
Account deleted
Pretty good band, dont like all of their songs, but som are great. latest album is pretty good, Silent Dream is one of my favorite songs for the moment actually. The albums ballad is great aswell, Son of pain or what its called, dont remember for the moment^^ to summarize: some good songs, some bad songs, pretty good band after all..:)
09.01.2007 - 15:10
Dark Stalker
I think that Rhapsody , it is too epic and too holywood even for power metal But i like band Luca Turilli .
----
In luck we trust!