Metal Storm logo
Best Band From Finland

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:37
Finland is one of the best metal countries they have so many great metal bands and they have great styles like COB,ETOS,norther and kalmah and the folk, like Korpiklaani,Moonsorrow,Finntroll,Winrtersun etc. but give me your point of view what band do you think is better and why

for me it is Stratovarius its one of my favorite bands, i love everything on it , the vocals (Kotipelto is the best damn singer ever) , the guitars are just perfect, the keyboards too , bass and drums are outstanding, yes i know that most of the songs of Stratovarius have the same structure but i still love those guys;D

Poll

Whats your favorite band from finland and why

other...
Children Of Bodom
Nightwish
Moonsorrow
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Amorphis
Sentenced
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

Total votes: 440
24.04.2007 - 10:23
|Angela|
Account deleted
Um I voted other. Probably a draw between Nightwish, Karelian Warcry and old Catemenia for me. There are quite a few bands though but its these three which I can think of for the mo.
24.04.2007 - 10:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=20559] on 24.04.2007 at 10:23

Um I voted other. Probably a draw between Nightwish, Karelian Warcry and old Catemenia for me. There are quite a few bands though but its these three which I can think of for the mo.

Yes and there was one band Flaurus who are great and i love finish dark metal bands it scene are great and of corse old school but you shood try BM band Darkwoods My Betrothed awsome awsome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.04.2007 - 10:53
|Angela|
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.04.2007 at 10:38

Yes and there was one band Flaurus who are great and i love finish dark metal bands it scene are great and of corse old school but you shood try BM band Darkwoods My Betrothed awsome awsome

I'll try and get it. Maybe Himann may have! Difficult to get non Norwegian bands here
Best thing is to ask him lol. Darkwoods My Betrothed!! What is it like?
24.04.2007 - 10:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=20559] on 24.04.2007 at 10:53

Written by Bad English on 24.04.2007 at 10:38

I'll try and get it. Maybe Himann may have! Difficult to get non Norwegian bands here
Best thing is to ask him lol. Darkwoods My Betrothed!! What is it like?

Here you can get only Buzrum, Immortal, Mayhem, Darkthrone and such bands but underground non

I had 2 songs of band you want them

Darkwoods My Betrothed - I post about them in previusly page here and ist asome BM based whit influencies albums are like/history story wery poeitical and good its lil like Windir IMO
Go in Ma find band an din hp are samples
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2007 - 23:33
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
It's pretty much a draw between Nightwish, Winter Sun and Sonata Arctica. Nightwish has the best vocals ever, I love Winter Sun's guitars and I like Sonata Artcicas style and vocals. In the end I voted for Sonata because i was listening to them while posting this .
30.04.2007 - 14:27
Alfa
Account deleted
Nightwish has my vote
01.05.2007 - 20:49
ArchitectSupreme
Account deleted
Sonata Arctica definately takes it in my opinion, although Stratovarious and Nightwish are both amazing (and I have to say that im disappointed that COB beat out all 3 of them by a pretty substantial margin)
02.05.2007 - 13:55
Grey_Dandelion
nightwish is one of my favourite bands so thats the answer but i also like stratovarius especially their older disks
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
02.05.2007 - 19:30
Tod_Engel
I wouldn't like to give a vote. It's because from Finland comes so many good metal bands, not mentioned here. Don't want to disrespect them
02.05.2007 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Tod_Engel on 02.05.2007 at 19:30

I wouldn't like to give a vote. It's because from Finland comes so many good metgal bands, not mentioned here. Don't want to disrespect them

Agree I knwo about 200 more gooid bands from Finland what shood be there now i listening Mother Depth gothic/doom band
----

apos;'
[image]
03.05.2007 - 01:48
Nixx
Account deleted
at the moment, it's definetly Wintersun that is my favourite finnish band, so I voted "others".
02.06.2007 - 18:31
Winter_Wrath
Account deleted
I voted Moonsorrow, but i Think Finland has more Awesome bands than any other country in the World; Bands Like Impaled Nazarene, Wintersun, Barathrum, Catamenia would deserve to be in that list
02.06.2007 - 19:28
VPeter
The metal scene of Finland is one of the very best I think. I voted other, because my alltime favorite band is Finntroll.
still it disguts me that Children of Bodom is up there and has one of the most votes. the first 3 albums of them were good, it went downhill afterwarts.
such a shame, Alexi is a great guitarist but a horrible lyric writer. Kalmah is so much beter then CoB. I also like Finland's black metal scene, Horna, Gloomy Grim, Darkwoods my bethothed, Wyrd, Satanic warmaster, Thyane, Barathrum, Catamenia and many more.
02.06.2007 - 23:30
Fhuesc
I voted for Other, cuz for me the best bands are Wintersun, Ensiferum, Kalmah and Norther, and non of them are on the poll.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
04.06.2007 - 11:10
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Its hard to go past Nightwish but all of these bands listed are very good bands.
07.06.2007 - 21:13
Kurzag
Account deleted
I have anyone heard about the band Viikate? They play a kind of melodic metal, worth to check out.
07.06.2007 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=989] on 07.06.2007 at 21:13

I have anyone heard about the band Viikate? They play a kind of melodic metal, worth to check out.

better tray Woods of Belial awsome black/doom metal band
----

apos;'
[image]
09.06.2007 - 02:10
orathac
Account deleted
Stratovarius is one my first band i listened so i voted them i like all the bands exept mayb from Nightwish i only like one song from them (Ghost Love Score).
14.06.2007 - 11:41
DoOm MaKeR
Shape of despair ... my favourite from finland!! but out of that list, i may choose nightwish...
----
knowing that i'm doomed. hundreds of volumes of text. pictures, words, learning. my love, my art, my knowledge...covered by the arms of the sea.
Morgion - Ebb Tide
14.06.2007 - 13:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I've chosen amorphis; great musicians, and actually this is the only band in the above list that I've actually listened to properly.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
15.06.2007 - 17:51
In Chaos
Finland have so many great metal bands, but Children of Bodom and Sonata Arctica is much better than all the other bands. and i haven't listened so much on the other either, but Nightwish is not so bad i think.
15.06.2007 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by In Chaos on 15.06.2007 at 17:51

Finland have so many great metal bands, but Children of Bodom and Sonata Arctica is much better than all the other bands. and i haven't listened so much on the other either, but Nightwish is not so bad i think.

I woud say those are moust owerated band sfrom finland what ever had played metal
Why -- read all my posts here
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2007 - 21:29
Infurnace
My vote goes to Children Of Bodom. They are my all-time favorite band, and I also think that they are the best band coming from Finland.
19.06.2007 - 13:48
Bash'
:)
Agree with K7, much overrated, even I used to love Sonata Arctica alot in the past [still like their first 2 albums..]

ANYways, for about the list above, I choosed Nightwish, 2nd choice was to be Eternal Tears of Sorrow .. how I feel sad for the new style they're playing nows .. mainstream sounding music .. a better version of Wintersun !!
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
19.06.2007 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 19.06.2007 at 13:48

Agree with K7, much overrated, even I used to love Sonata Arctica alot in the past [still like their first 2 albums..]

Some hwo first albums of bands are always good but somehow in leither years bands maybe are to tired for criating, or get money and it change them, or find lives but about power thay just wanna be in top and follow to modern life
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 17:34
Bash'
Sadly .. SO true ..

Those are three living examples .. COB, SA [after 2 albums] & EToS [after CB & AVAAW] .. I heared that also about Norther from a fan of them .. not sure ..
----

19.06.2007 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 19.06.2007 at 17:34

Sadly .. SO true ..

Those are three living examples .. COB, SA [after 2 albums] & EToS [after CB & AVAAW] .. I heared that also about Norther from a fan of them .. not sure ..

Hmm I agree but its not case in Finland but in all world and metal music exept black, gothic

ETOS I love all albums, even last are bad but somehow its good too and firts 4 was masterpeace
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 18:01
Bash'
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 17:51

Hmm I agree but its not case in Finland but in all world and metal music

I agree ..

exept black, gothic

Why??
----

19.06.2007 - 18:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 19.06.2007 at 18:01

Hmm I agree but its not case in Finland but in all world and metal music

I agree ..

exept black, gothic

Why??

Beacuse there are some idiology and phylospohy and in BM you cant play like in power metal there are dresscode too
in 80ties till 95 something it was jeans and leter jackets an dhair now even you can waer suit and be metalhead but in BM it wont go true same in gothic
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2007 - 12:43
Rimfrost
I have to change my vote. I'll go for Korpiklaani! Damn they are good!!