Metal Storm logo
Dragon Ball Z

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2006 - 17:26
well, a thread for dragon ball/z/gt lovers.and i'll start with a question:which saga did you like the most?and which is your favorite character?
11.07.2006 - 22:21
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 22:13

Written by Eddie on 11.07.2006 at 21:55

Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 16:11

Written by Guest on 11.07.2006 at 16:00

I spend a lot of hours watching Dragon Ball Z with my brother. My fav. character was (is?) Android 18, she was so mean, beautiful and strong... and my fav. saga was the whole part of Freezer...

Did you ever see anything with Cooler?

Very funny
I bet she meant Freeza, but perhaps Freeza is named Freezer in Colombia.

I assumed that. Cooler was Frieza's brother. I'm not sure if he appeared in any episodes, but I think there were movies based around him.

Ahhhh, there was actually a character named Cooler, didn't know that hahah. I looked at it on Wikipedia, and there are actually 2 movies based on him.

Cooler's Revenge (2001)
Return of Cooler (2002)

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw a movie from DBZ.
11.07.2006 - 22:26
Stigmatized
Written by Eddie on 11.07.2006 at 22:21

Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 22:13

Written by Eddie on 11.07.2006 at 21:55

Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 16:11

Written by Guest on 11.07.2006 at 16:00

I spend a lot of hours watching Dragon Ball Z with my brother. My fav. character was (is?) Android 18, she was so mean, beautiful and strong... and my fav. saga was the whole part of Freezer...

Did you ever see anything with Cooler?

Very funny
I bet she meant Freeza, but perhaps Freeza is named Freezer in Colombia.

I assumed that. Cooler was Frieza's brother. I'm not sure if he appeared in any episodes, but I think there were movies based around him.

Ahhhh, there was actually a character named Cooler, didn't know that hahah. I looked at it on Wikipedia, and there are actually 2 movies based on him.

Cooler's Revenge (2001)
Return of Cooler (2002)

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw a movie from DBZ.

Truth be told, I saw a few of them and only a couple were good. The rest were kind of worthless.
12.07.2006 - 03:51
Alouqua
Account deleted
Eddie: you know what I don't remember... I was sure it was Freezer, may be is not true...
Dream_of_Hate: Yeah, I'm sure he appeared in one episode but I can't trust in my memories any more...
12.07.2006 - 13:33
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@ Alouqua, like I said, Freeza may be called Freezer in Colombia, so you could very well be right. I saw at Wikipedia (again, so useful haha) that Freeza is called Freezer in Spanish and in French, my guess is that your memory didn't fail you

EDIT
Damn, Wikipedia has it all of DBZ
12.07.2006 - 17:03
Stigmatized
Written by Eddie on 12.07.2006 at 13:33

@ Alouqua, like I said, Freeza may be called Freezer in Colombia, so you could very well be right. I saw at Wikipedia (again, so useful haha) that Freeza is called Freezer in Spanish and in French, my guess is that your memory didn't fail you

EDIT
Damn, Wikipedia has it all of DBZ

Yeah I noticed that too. Wikipedia is your DBZ information center man.
29.07.2006 - 20:01
Bitch Boy
DB was my favorite anime. My fav. character was Trunks, I don't remember why, maybe because he came from the future and it was interesting for me. My favorite battle was Goku SS4 vs Vegeta-Baby.

I remember I saw all the movies. My fav. one was the battle against Brolly.

@Alouqua: #18 was cool, but I think Launch (or Lunch, the girl that changed her look with only sneez) was cooler
30.07.2006 - 18:11
Graveshift
My favourite Saga was in DBZ and was the Frieza saga (following from the saiyan saga) ...
i especially liked it when Goku first became super saiyan but after that things seemed to get a little out of hand with so many characters thereafter becoming super saiayan and the further forms super saiyan 2 etc.
my favourite character was Goku , not sure why .. he just seemed easy going and funny to watch ....
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
31.07.2006 - 04:29
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i loved this cartoon!! i watched it every day after school ...hmm favorite saga...i dont know, i actually liked alot all of them and i have to think which one is my fav...i was a DbZ fan so i can't decide hehe...my fav character was gohan, from kid to man...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
31.07.2006 - 04:44
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Oh man, the broly's saga: amazing! the legendary supersaiyan Vs Goku and his friends! another movie that i like and i see a long time ago was the movie where Goku, Vegeta and trunk fight against the androids!

Fav saga: Cell saga. The most amazing with future warriors and the three supersaiyans!

Fav character: MR Boo and Mr Satan, i am like boo and a friend is like Mr Satan

HAIL AKIRA TORIYAMA AND ALL HIS GREAT MANGAS FUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
07.08.2006 - 05:26
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Such a great series,If I may so myself.Too bad the American series was butchered as hell.My favorite Saga is probably the Majin Buu saga,and my favorite character is Piccolo with Gokou following close,I have seen almost every episode in Japanese and have seen every movie in Japanese,and its almost a completely different series,so dont be fooled by the kid oriented american version.
27.08.2006 - 04:39
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I remember being 11 years old, and seeing gohan defeat cell at age 11 as well, I was ashamed I couldn't live up to that, but then again, who the hell could?

Anyway, my favorite Saga? Either the cell saga or the Freeza Saga.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.08.2006 - 04:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I loved the Freeza saga, is fuckin' great. And I love it because it's teh time when Goku becomes the legendary Super Sayan! That scene where he transforms... Damn! That's epic.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.09.2006 - 22:49
Baz Anderson
Staff
my beloved Dragonball Z!!!!!
one of my all time favorite shows, seriously - i watched all of it when i was growing up and it has even had an influence on how i am now. haha
i wont go into anything detailed but DBZ actually has affected my upbringing i watched it so much
09.09.2006 - 22:26
danzig111
Account deleted
ewww i remember back in the 4th grade, there were quite a few guys i knew who were fvcking OBCESSED with that show!
10.09.2006 - 01:18
Asat0r
Man DBZ is amazing. My roommate owns every single episode of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT, plus all the movies on DVD. So pretty much all we do is sit around and watch anime.
10.09.2006 - 04:37
Stigmatized
Written by Asat0r on 10.09.2006 at 01:18

Man DBZ is amazing. My roommate owns every single episode of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT, plus all the movies on DVD. So pretty much all we do is sit around and watch anime.

Yeah, you guys suck too. There was so much I didn't get to see from the Buu saga on.
11.09.2006 - 09:22
Asat0r
Written by Stigmatized on 10.09.2006 at 04:37

Written by Asat0r on 10.09.2006 at 01:18

Yeah, you guys suck too. There was so much I didn't get to see from the Buu saga on.

Man, there's so much good stuff that happens in the Buu saga, but I still like the Cell, and Frieza sagas better.
12.09.2006 - 16:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
im moving out and going to university in a few days and i am still going to take my DBZ covers for my bed. hahahahaha. im not ashamed
04.11.2006 - 20:02
Basso
Account deleted
Lol you have DBZ covers'? Thats cool.

How many of you DBZ fans have actually read the manga?
In my opinion the anime is really bad, while the manga is incredibly uber awesome.
05.11.2006 - 04:16
Bitch Boy
@ Basso: but the manga didn't include DBGT and I consider DBGT an awesome saga too.
05.11.2006 - 07:03
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
I love Dragonball Z, i just discovered this cartoon 3 weeks back but neverthless im hooked to it, currently watching Vegetas Saga, Episode is "The Battle Begins, Where are you Goku ?", this is the episode where the Saiyans land on earth and Goku heads back from King Kai. They dont air these kinda cartoons, but they air Pokemon and Bey Blade, i dont like them both anyways.

A pal gave me some episodes and i need to get more by asking more people around, as of now, im seeing the 16th episode and well i cannot zero in on any favourite character but i think Piccolo is really cool, he can move mountains with his thoughts, i think thats great, so as of now its Piccolo.
05.11.2006 - 07:55
Mega-Slayer
Dragonball Z is something I will never grow out of,I have spent loads of cash on it too,I started getting into as far back as 97'.I have the dumb edited versions of the Namek and Saiyan Saga,but recently they have released almost all of the uncut Vegeta Saga on dvd,I have bought 4 volumes of that.I have the Garlic Jr.,Ginyu and Freiza saga on vhs as well,along with a shit load of japanese trading cards and the american card game as well.I own manga volumes 2-8,and I hope to finish the set one day.I have read that they wont be releasing those vegeta saga dvds anymore,but they are going to releasing episodes 1-39 on a dvd set,shown here.
So it is quite annoying,being I forked out $20 for the special edition vegeta saga dvds,and they'll be releasing them on this set,due to be out early 2007.The set is any dbz fan's dream,I have wanted those eps. for ever,it has eps. 28-39 wich were included in the namek saga,so hopefully they'll release the rest of the uncut namek saga as well.Namek saga is probably the one saga I want to see uncut the most,I mean footage of frieza battling namekians along with vegeta,and the battles between vegeta,zarbon,dodoria and kui,will be awesome to see.Though most of the uncut shit is already present in the manga,I still want it in action,So look for that set and get it..
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
12.11.2006 - 16:09
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 05.11.2006 at 04:16

@ Basso: but the manga didn't include DBGT and I consider DBGT an awesome saga too.

I found GT rather dull, and most of the anime is only fillers anyway. I despice fillers

other than that I am a proud owner of all the DBZ manga volymes. 1-42 <3 (swedish edition though )
14.11.2006 - 23:18
Bitch Boy
@ Basso: well, I've to agree with you, DBGT is full of fillers. Actually most of the situations are a remake of the movies and the gaiden ovas.
16.11.2006 - 05:41
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.09.2006 at 16:05

im moving out and going to university in a few days and i am still going to take my DBZ covers for my bed. hahahahaha. im not ashamed

...really?? that's greay haha ...you don't have reasons to be ashame i'm still fan of my favorite cartoon and i'm almost finishing university hehe...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
17.11.2006 - 08:19
Mega-Slayer
Written by nana.MD on 16.11.2006 at 05:41

Written by Baz Anderson on 12.09.2006 at 16:05

...really?? that's greay haha ...you don't have reasons to be ashame i'm still fan of my favorite cartoon and i'm almost finishing university hehe...

Yeah i'll never grow out of it,plus it has only gotten better in America for Dbz.If I would've stop watching anime and cartoons when it becomes not cool in middle school,I might of missed out on the uncut Saiyan and Namek Saga,I had been so longing to see.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
21.11.2006 - 04:38
Bitch Boy
@ Mega-Slayer: what is the saiyan and namek saga??
22.11.2006 - 04:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
the Saiyan and Namek sagas are pretty much from when Dragonball Z begins, to when the fight with Frieza begins on Namek
22.11.2006 - 05:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Ah Dude, A DBZ Thread! My favorite Saga is Probably the Cell Saga, Because it's like the story was At it's peak point just before getting out of hand (The Bu saga). My favorite Character is Probably Piccello because he is so strong and honorable, and I think it's just bullshit that he was made so weak so early in the series, he could have been more.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
22.11.2006 - 12:49
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I preferred the Garlic Jr. saga, it was pretty awesome, and it was pretty much repeated in the Cell saga (Gohan kills a guy that mutates, wowee.)